1. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 20:07
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    [b]But isn't it possible someone could have had similiar circumstances to you and not have had the same revelation you have had? Some could be worse and some could be better.

What you are saying is true. There are many of my freinds that have grown up with me and have not had exactly the same revelation as me. There are some that are worse off tha ...[text shortened]... exactly the same beliefs. However the chances are very great that you would not be an agnostic. [/b]
    Fair enough. So I will assume that you & I both agree if we lived each other's lives, there is a possibility that I would become a Christian and you could have been agnostic, right?

So if the above premise is accurate, why is it not possible for the agnostic and the christian to peacefully co-exist without condemnation? The agnostic, at least my personal belief, does not discredit the accuracy of Christianity nor do I accept it. I just believe it is beyond the comprehension of mankind to accurately decipher. I feel the same with all religions.

Christianity, as indicated by some here, is very precise on how things are: If you don't accept Christ, you are going to Hell regardless of whatever life you live. I understand how being a non-Xian would not allow one entry into the Christian Heaven and I accept that. I don't agree with the notion that just because one may believe something different than Christianity that not only are they not allowed into Heaven but they will also spend an eternity in suffering. For me, that's the fundamental flaw of it. Not that not being allowed into Heaven but to be sentenced to Hell for believing in Mohammed or Buddha or Thor, for that matter.
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 20:39
    I said that I cannot speak for God regarding the fate of those who have never heard of Jesus Christ.

Now we are getting somewhere! So by this it is apparent that you have changed your opinion to state that some people may, in fact, never hear the gospel of Jesus and realise that it is their only way to Heaven. That's good, I suppose. You have also stated that God will judge justly. To me, 'justly' in the case where you have never had the Gospel preached to you would be to not suffer eternally in the flames of Hell. Would you agree to this? If not, please state why using your instinct and gut feeling, not some ambiguous scripture, if you could...

But for those that have heard about Jesus Christ and that have a Bible can read for themselves what God has to say. Jesus claims "I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the father by through me". Jesus said that His words will judge us.

Okay, sure. I agree with that, in principle.

In response to:
    These two statements don't follow at all. I don't believe this for a second and nor should you.
    You stated:
    I believe that the Bible is the word of God. This is what the Bible says. You may not believe the Bible but I do.

I believe you have misunderstood my point. (Trust me, I know you believe the Bible...) Let's revisit your statement which spurred my reply:

"The Word of God says that the grace of God has been revealed to all men. God has given each person a concsience. In some way or another God has revealed himself to mankind."

Since you now recognize that there are some humans who will never hear the gospel of Jesus, you must attest that this statement cannot mean that all of mankind will, in one way or another, explicitally know how their soul may be saved as you originally stated. Do you?

I believe the Bible. It says "...every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord."

In death, perhaps. But this verse has no meaning in what we are discussing. While living, I can list more than a few people who will never bow to Christ as Lord.

Do you not think that is the reason I am posting on this forum? I think you should not be concerned about other people that may not have heard about Jesus.

More good reason why this new forum exists!

And as I said before God is a righteous judge and he will judge them according to the light that they had, e.g. how they obeyed their consciences.

Well now, I'm not too sure about that. Isn't Christ the only way to Heaven??? Isn't a personal relationship with Jesus Christ the only way to have a relationship with God???

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. - John 14:6
  3. The moral highground
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 20:57
    You are putting your own limitations of God. God has no limitations, so he could definately create a rock big enough that you cannot move. Maybe you can try Everest?
    That wasant the question.

Could he create a rock HE couldant move.
  4. R.I.P.
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 23:05

"God doesn't send you there. You send yourself there. God has done everything He possibly can to keep you out of Hell and still leave you as a person with free will and not just a robot. That's the way He made us--after His image, after His likeness, the power to say "yes" or the power to say "no," the power to reject our own Creator, and of course to take the consequences.
    So as I asked in an earlier thread, if the man in hell has free will, he would be able to repent for his sins. If he truely repented for his sins, would god forgive him ?
  5. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 00:12
    This question was asked and I tought that seeing the question concerns Christians, there are Christians that have put an answer together:

"God doesn't send you there. You send yourself there. God has done everything He possibly can to keep you out of Hell and still leave you as a person with free will and not just a robot. That's the way He made us- ...[text shortened]... that is your best tactic... But I will gladly respond if you would like to discuss something....
    Part of the problem is:1. If one does not believe there is a GOD.how can one criticize what GOD does? 2.There are three forces at work in the world of the life of man. (A)GOD and HIS hatred of sin. (B)Satan and his hatred for GOD.(C)Man and his hatred of GOD. Which also includes man's hatred for satan, and satan's hatred for man. 3. When one asks such a question are you really seeking an answer to the question,or is one just venting anger, at the most high GOD?
  6. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 00:37
    Originally posted by Jay Peatea
    So as I asked in an earlier thread, if the man in hell has free will, he would be able to repent for his sins. If he truely repented for his sins, would god forgive him ?
    I've answered this question. Refer back to there.
  7. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 00:44
    Originally posted by Darfius
    I've answered this question. Refer back to there.
    Man has free will as long as is alive in this life. GOD give man his entire life to accept CHRIST as his SAVIOR. It is man's free will that allows him to accept or reject CHRIST. Once that man has entered in Hell, he no longer has free will. He has chosen to go to hell, and be punished as all sinners soon will be.
  8. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 00:451 edit
    Originally posted by Brother Edwin
    That wasant the question.

Could he create a rock HE couldant move.
    Can God create a rock He cannot lift? Since an all-powerful being will always be able to accomplish whatever He sets out to do, it is impossible for an all-powerful being to fail. You're arguing that since God is all-powerful He can do anything - even fail. This is like saying that since God is all-powerful He can be not all-powerful. Obviously, this is absurd. An all-powerful being cannot fail. Therefore, God can create a rock of tremendous size, but, since He is all-powerful, He will always be able to lift it. The ability to fail is not a part of omnipotence.

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/rock.html

9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 04:43
    Originally posted by darvlay
    What about the hundreds of millions of people around the world who will never see a Bible or know what 'Jesus' is? Do they deserve eternal damnation? Has God done all He can to steer them clear of the road to Hell?

This pure nonsense which you've copied and pasted is well and good if you're lucky enough to be Mr. Yankee Cracker with a middle manag ...[text shortened]... ave to go wandering on past it all and put ourselves in Hell[/i]

Pure ethnocentric poppycock!
    Are you telling people about Christ and the Bible? If not why are you
    crying about it?
    Kelly
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 14:391 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Are you telling people about Christ and the Bible? If not why are you
    crying about it?
    Kelly
    Oh snap, did my crocodile tears get loose again? 😛

I was just trying to debate with dj2becker the stance of the Bible on those who will be judged and have never heard the gospel of Christ in their life. Would you care to answer the questions in my last post that dj2becker saw fit to ignore?
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 14:49
    Oh snap, did my crocodile tears get loose again? 😛

I was just trying to debate with dj2becker the stance of the Bible on those who will be judged and have never heard the gospel of Christ in their life. Would you care to answer the questions in my last post that dj2becker saw fit to ignore?
    I was giving you an answer to your question too, our salvation is tied
    to us reaching out to each other. God opened the door, we need to
    share the good news, we don't tell people God will require their blood
    at our hands. There are things in this life that God does for us, and
    there are things in this life if we do not do them they do not get done,
    because it is our job. Example, feeding your kids, if you don't do it
    and no one else does they die.
    Kelly
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 15:04
    I was giving you an answer to your question too, our salvation is tied
    to us reaching out to each other. God opened the door, we need to
    share the good news, we don't tell people God will require their blood
    at our hands. There are things in this life that God does for us, and
    there are things in this life if we do not do them they do not get done,
    be ...[text shortened]... our job. Example, feeding your kids, if you don't do it
    and no one else does they die.
    Kelly
    Do you feel that it is just for a man or woman who has never heard the gospel of Jesus to be sent to Hell because of it? That is the question I seek answers to...
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 15:25
    Do you feel that it is just for a man or woman who has never heard the gospel of Jesus to be sent to Hell because of it? That is the question I seek answers to...
    Going to hell isn't because they did not hear the gospel, it is because
    of the sin in their lives. Just as drowning isn't because they were not
    thrown a rope to safty it is because they go under and drowned in
    the water.
    Kelly
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 15:46
    Going to hell isn't because they did not hear the gospel, it is because
    of the sin in their lives. Just as drowning isn't because they were not
    thrown a rope to safty it is because they go under and drowned in
    the water.
    Kelly
    A very safe answer, if I've ever heard one.

Your analogy is appropriate. But in the eyes of your God, these people [those who will never hear the gospel] are no worse or better than Paul Bernardo, Suddam Hussein, or Jeffrey Dahmer (actually he's in heaven right now, basking in eternal paradise - nevermind) and personally, I can't see how God's mercy and grace will ever reach these people. It will not exist to them And that sort of judgement is not just or fair if we are all on a different playing field. They end up being victims of circumstance.
  15. The moral highground
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 17:24
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Can God create a rock He cannot lift? Since an all-powerful being will always be able to accomplish whatever He sets out to do, it is impossible for an all-powerful being to fail. You're arguing that since God is all-powerful He can do anything - even fail. This is like saying that since God is all-powerful He can be not all-powerful. Obviously, this is abs ...[text shortened]... to fail is not a part of omnipotence.

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/rock.html

So he fails to create a rock he cant move, not very powerful at creating is he.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree