How can anyone buy into the lies of christianity?

How can anyone buy into the lies of christianity?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 Mar 12

And Judeo-christian myths? Like Adam having original sin, therefore christ died to save us all. Nice, except there was no Adam, it was just a fairy tale just like all the other man made myths about creation.

Planet Rain

Moves
05 Mar 12

Certainly, were I to decide to adopt a "major" religion, I would look toward one that was not so rife with internal contradictions, and not so weighed down by an abundance of Rube Goldberg moving parts.

rc

Moves
05 Mar 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Soothfast
Certainly, were I to decide to adopt a "major" religion, I would look toward one that was not so rife with internal contradictions, and not so weighed down by an abundance of Rube Goldberg moving parts.
why dont you two start your own religion, tells us your teachings and how they are
practical, beneficial, inspiring etc.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 Mar 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
why dont you two start your own religion, tells us your teachings and how they are
You mean all the religious Apps that have been added after the repressive dark ages and the inquisition? Why is it those dastardly deeds are not atoned for now? Why do you just ignore them and say we aren't like that now? We don't burn witches now. So now christianity is all goodie two shoes.

With people like the fundies in the US trying their best to force a return to the repression centuries, it can certainly happen again. I shudder to think of one of those crazies becoming president, like Santorum.

Planet Rain

Moves
05 Mar 12

We're not the kind of blokes who feel compelled to go door-to-door with spiritual or moral "teachings," that's your department.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Mar 12

We're not the kind of blokes who feel compelled to go door-to-door with spiritual or moral "teachings," that's your department.
So no concern in improving and helping others lifes and the problems we all have? So a little selfish there it seems buddy. I guess your department is not caring for anyone but yourselves it appears.......

Planet Rain

Moves
05 Mar 12

Originally posted by galveston75
So no concern in improving and helping others lifes and the problems we all have? So a little selfish there it seems buddy. I guess your department is not caring for anyone but yourselves it appears.......
Caring for others does not of necessity include proselytizing others. Pay attention.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Mar 12
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
You mean all the religious Apps that have been added after the repressive dark ages and the inquisition? Why is it those dastardly deeds are not atoned for now? Why do you just ignore them and say we aren't like that now? We don't burn witches now. So now christianity is all goodie two shoes.

With people like the fundies in the US trying their best to f ...[text shortened]... ly happen again. I shudder to think of one of those crazies becoming president, like Santorum.
I prefer Ron Paul.

P.S. But you have the freedom to choose Obama if you wish.

Australia

Moves
05 Mar 12

Caring for others does not of necessity include proselytizing others. Pay attention.
This needs to be shouted from the rooftops.

Caring for others does not of necessity include proselytizing others.

Moves
05 Mar 12
1 edit

With people like the fundies in the US trying their best to f ...[text shortened]... ly happen again. I shudder to think of one of those crazies becoming president, like Santorum.
America has extremist idiots and moderate idiots of all persuasions. The place is just full of idiots. I don't know how anyone can buy into it.

Moves
05 Mar 12

I'll give you a tick for that.

Cape Town

Moves
05 Mar 12

Would you join a religion and believe its teachings if it was practical, beneficial, inspiring etc but wasn't true?

Hy-Brasil

Moves
05 Mar 12
1 edit

And Judeo-christian myths? Like Adam having original sin, therefore christ died to save us all. Nice, except there was no Adam, it was just a fairy tale just like all the other man made myths about creation.
Hmm... Well, about 2.2 billion Muslims believe it. Then you got about another 2 billion Christians who do. Don't forget, another 13 million or so Jews in the world who do.

Maybe the majority of the worlds population is all deluded sonhouse ! Except you ofcourse. You got it all figured out, huh ? 🙄

rc

Moves
05 Mar 12

sorry you are simply evading the question, for while you are prepared to continually
criticise religions in general, it is clear that you have no real answers to lifes
greatest questions yourself nor any legitimate way to demonstrate how your
abhorrence of religion helps anyone in any way. Indeed i will ask it again, what do
you hope to accomplish by continually tearing down the pillars of other peoples
religious beliefs? If it has no meaning for you then that is fine, but it has meaning
for other people, who are not you and who gain all sorts of benefits from accepting
these things.

I find it infinitely more disturbing that secularists are able to moralise denying life to
115, 000 innocents every single day on the basis of social convenience under the
guise of freedom, if they are prepared to do this, there is no end to what they can
morally justify.

rc

Moves
05 Mar 12

tell that to the millions who have been helped to overcome all manner of difficulties
from prostitution to drug abuse through the application of Biblical principles!