1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Mar '12 03:531 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Does the inquisition sound familiar? Perhaps what Cortez did to the Atzecs. Maybe its what the good people of Australia did to the bushmen, forced them to go to western schools and force them to become christians. Or perhaps the same thing that happened to the plains indians of the US. Yessir, a god fearing bunch those christians. They did those tribesmen S ...[text shortened]... kind of example?

Don't forget to butter your popcorn, the above must be truly funny to you.
    Did you read this from the history books written by atheists? I know you are
    old. But you couldn't be that old. 😏
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Mar '12 08:561 edit
    Does the inquisition sound familiar? Perhaps what Cortez did to the Atzecs. Maybe its what the good people of Australia did to the bushmen, forced them to go to western schools and force them to become christians. Or perhaps the same thing that happened to the plains indians of the US. Yessir, a god fearing bunch those christians. They did those tribesmen S ...[text shortened]... kind of example?

Don't forget to butter your popcorn, the above must be truly funny to you.
    the principles, where are the principles? you have not mentioned any. why not?
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    06 Mar '12 10:171 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Exodus 22:20

“Whoever sacrifices to any god other than the LORD must be destroyed."

and another -

Leviticus 24:16

"anyone who blasphemes the name of the LORD is to be put to death. The entire assembly must stone them. Whether foreigner or native-born, when they blaspheme the Name they are to be put to death."
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Mar '12 15:31
    Screw the principles, I am talking about direct evil action by christians.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Mar '12 16:01
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Exodus 22:20

“Whoever sacrifices to any god other than the LORD must be destroyed."

and another -

Leviticus 24:16

"anyone who blasphemes the name of the LORD is to be put to death. The entire assembly must stone them. Whether foreigner or native-born, when they blaspheme the Name they are to be put to death."
    are you talking to me again after another excommunication? have you missed me? I
    knew it, i did not excommunicate you, but you did to me, oh well, live and let live!

fine principles indeed, we cannot have the veneration of false Gods in our midst nor
    irreverent blasphemers, if they are prepared to disrespect God, where will they stop.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Mar '12 16:03
    no you dont, it was stated that Biblical principles haver contributed to the destruction of
    many more than the millions who have been helped by them, what are these principles?
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Mar '12 16:19
    You never, ever, ever get off this horse, do you?

I've said a zillion times that it's not the religion, it's the evil men who perpetuate these evils.

Give it a rest, man. We get it. You're just into blaming the Christians for the acts of some evil men. Yes, some people who claim to be Christian are evil, just like every other bunch of humans on the planet. But instead of blaming the evil perpetrators, you decide to blame an entire religion that has nothing to do with these evil men except that the men claim to be a part of the religion. Why not blame the guilty and leave the rest alone? But oh, wait, that would require discernment, now wouldn't it?
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Mar '12 16:22
    Originally posted by Suzianne

I've said a zillion times that it's not the religion, it's the evil men who perpetuate these evils.

Give it a rest, man. We get it. You're just into blaming the Christians for the acts of some evil men. Yes, some people who claim to be Christian are evil, just like every other bunch of humans on the ...[text shortened]... y and leave the rest alone? But oh, wait, that would require discernment, now wouldn't it?
    Good comment....
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Mar '12 18:201 edit

Give it a rest, man. We get it. You're just into blaming the Christians for the acts of some evil men. Yes, some people who claim to be Christian are evil, just like every other bunch of humans on the ...[text shortened]... y and leave the rest alone? But oh, wait, that would require discernment, now wouldn't it?
    It sure sounds like using religion to force it down other's throats. That is going on today btw. Discern that.

Yep, its never the religion, only bad people. So take out the religion and the bad people will have to come up with some other excuse to kill millions with their god inspired armies and the Jim Jones of the world will have to figure another way to do mass murder.
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    07 Mar '12 10:25
    are you talking to me again after another excommunication? have you missed me? I
    knew it, i did not excommunicate you, but you did to me, oh well, live and let live!

fine principles indeed, we cannot have the veneration of false Gods in our midst nor
    irreverent blasphemers, if they are prepared to disrespect God, where will they stop.
    are you talking to me again after another excommunication?

Every now and again maybe, depends on how much of your stubborn, troll-like BS i can take. My tolerance has significantly lowered over the years.

Fine principles indeed eh? Stop lying, you're better than that,
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Mar '12 10:31
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]are you talking to me again after another excommunication?

Every now and again maybe, depends on how much of your stubborn, troll-like BS i can take. My tolerance has significantly lowered over the years.

Fine principles indeed eh? Stop lying, you're better than that,[/b]
    just come out and say you missed me and free your mind! 🙂 anyhow gotta go
    to work, no rest for us peasant farmers!
  12. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    07 Mar '12 10:56
    tell that to the millions who have been helped to overcome all manner of difficulties
    from prostitution to drug abuse through the application of Biblical principles!
    Religion as a replacement crutch might work as a lesser disability but what about people standing on their own two feet.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Mar '12 11:58
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    Religion as a replacement crutch might work as a lesser disability but what about people standing on their own two feet.
    so wrong, Biblical principles are designed to do just that, help people help themselves.
  14. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    07 Mar '12 12:16

Yes and you were wrong all zillion of those times.

Religions require belief in things that are not true and are inherently divisive.

While there will always be bad people who do bad things this does not mean that
    religion doesn't make otherwise good people do bad things, by making them think
    that those bad things are actually good things.

The people who flew the planes into the twin towers didn't think that they were evil,
    they thought that they were holy and just.
    It's there deluded religion that allowed them to think that.
    It's believing based on faith that allowed them to think that.

Religions make people believe things about the world that are not true.
    This alters peoples view of what is right and what is wrong.

This makes good people do bad things.

This makes religions evil.

Yours very much included.

You disagree.
    You are wrong.
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Mar '12 15:37
    And Judeo-christian myths? Like Adam having original sin, therefore christ died to save us all. Nice, except there was no Adam, it was just a fairy tale just like all the other man made myths about creation.
    or like the "live thy neighbor myth"? or kindness, compassion, modesty?

perhaps you are paying attention to the wrong aspects of christianity.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree