1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 15:21
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    tell that to the millions who have been helped to overcome all manner of difficulties
    from prostitution to drug abuse through the application of Biblical principles!
    So how about a religion based on reason that does the same thing, helps druggies, feed the poor and the like. Why does it have to be tied to some non existent god? Why do there have to be fairy tales associated with all the do gooding?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 15:353 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So how about a religion based on reason that does the same thing, helps druggies, feed the poor and the like. Why does it have to be tied to some non existent god? Why do there have to be fairy tales associated with all the do gooding?
    why should there be a need for it, we have a perfect example in Jesus Christ, why water it down with
    secularism and blind assumptions like there is no God, you cannot prove it and therefore you have absolutely
    nothing to offer anyone other than more assumptions, moral greyness and imperfect guidance based upon
    limited experience, whereas we have a book that contains over three thousand years of human history filled
    with wisdom and practical examples to learn from, its simply incomparable.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 17:50
    why should there be a need for it, we have a perfect example in Jesus Christ, why water it down with
    secularism and blind assumptions like there is no God, you cannot prove it and therefore you have absolutely
    nothing to offer anyone other than more assumptions, moral greyness and imperfect guidance based upon
    limited experience, whereas we hav ...[text shortened]... uman history filled
    with wisdom and practical examples to learn from, its simply incomparable.
    Why do we need to follow a 2000 year old book since time have greatly changed, moral issues are not so black and white anymore, new values are needed and with the advent of near universal education, people don't need to be persuaded by ghosts and original sin and virgin births and ressurections and so forth. We need something for the 21st century not the 1st or 3rd century. Something that doesn't involve fairy tales.

Doing good for people doesn't have to be tied to Mother Teresa types who only wants to further the church or a do gooder who feels by doing good he or she will enter the pearly gates.

We need a dose of reality not fairy tales.
  4. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 17:52
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Would you join a religion and believe its teachings if it was practical, beneficial, inspiring etc but wasn't true?
    He already has! (ba-dum tishhhhh)
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 18:561 edit
    Why do we need to follow a 2000 year old book since time have greatly changed, moral issues are not so black and white anymore, new values are needed and with the advent of near universal education, people don't need to be persuaded by ghosts and original sin and virgin births and ressurections and so forth. We need something for the 21st century not the 1s ng good he or she will enter the pearly gates.

If you think the universe happening by accident and man evolving from some
    creature activated out of slime is less of a fairy tale and more credible, then
    have at it. I will stick to the fairy tales in the Holy Bible. Like I have said,
    "What do I have to lose?"
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 19:05
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    Caring for others does not of necessity include proselytizing others. Pay attention.
    Stop being rude and maybe you'll learn something about spirituality and what it can can do on all level of life for all. You may not want it for yourself and that is fine but you obvioulsy don't have a clue so don't judge against it for others........
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 19:06
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    If you think the universe happening by accident and man evolving from some
    creature activated out of slime is less of a fairy tale and more credible, then
    have at. I will stick to the fairy tales in the Holy Bible. Like I have said,
    "What do I have to lose?"
    Well there is the part where you don't really live your live, only as a mental slave to a 2000 year old outdated morality system involving an insanely jealous god, something no god of mine would ever show, which to me clearly shows the man made part of your religion. So now you are living your life blind to the wonders of the world, unable to see what is clearly happening to lifeforms all around us, blinded by the arrogant stance of christians and most other organized religions that we are somehow the pinnacle of creation.

We are not the pinnacle of creation, maybe not even the most intelligent life form on the planet, I'm thinking of whales and dolphins, long known to have brain to body mass ratio's higher than man.

I think it would be a gas if it turned out dolphins are the real objects of some god's attention and someday a god comes down and pulls all the dolphins out of the water and takes them to dolphin heaven while we wallow in our own poop and gradually just go extinct.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 19:21
    Well there is the part where you don't really live your live, only as a mental slave to a 2000 year old outdated morality system involving an insanely jealous god, something no god of mine would ever show, which to me clearly shows the man made part of your religion. So now you are living your life blind to the wonders of the world, unable to see what is cl ...[text shortened]... takes them to dolphin heaven while we wallow in our own poop and gradually just go extinct.
    I have been set free by the truth of God. 😏
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 20:38
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I have been set free by the truth of God. 😏
    Good luck with that one. The reality is you are in blinders, unable to live your life without reference to a non existent fairy tale god.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 21:19
    Why do we need to follow a 2000 year old book since time have greatly changed, moral issues are not so black and white anymore, new values are needed and with the advent of near universal education, people don't need to be persuaded by ghosts and original sin and virgin births and ressurections and so forth. We need something for the 21st century not the 1s ...[text shortened]... ng good he or she will enter the pearly gates.

As i suspected you have nothing, no direction, no examples, a moral morass which can
    justify anything in the guise of freedom of choice. If everyone adopted the manner of
    the Christ there would be no war, no greed, no corruption, the answer has been there
    all the time but your inability to grasp it is truly incredulous. Happy are those
    conscious of their spiritual need, materialism offers nothing, an empty, deviod and
    impractical vision of nothingness.
  11. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    06 Mar '12 00:52
    tell that to the millions who have been helped to overcome all manner of difficulties
    from prostitution to drug abuse through the application of Biblical principles!
    As many and more have been destroyed by biblical principles.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Mar '12 01:38
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    As many and more have been destroyed by biblical principles.
    which principles are you referring to? do tell, this should be interesting.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Mar '12 01:53
    which principles are you referring to? do tell, this should be interesting.
    I can't wait either to hear this....
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Mar '12 02:01
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I can't wait either to hear this....
    hehe grab some popcorn, should be good 🙂
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Mar '12 02:561 edit
    hehe grab some popcorn, should be good 🙂
    Does the inquisition sound familiar? Perhaps what Cortez did to the Atzecs. Maybe its what the good people of Australia did to the bushmen, forced them to go to western schools and force them to become christians. Or perhaps the same thing that happened to the plains indians of the US. Yessir, a god fearing bunch those christians. They did those tribesmen SO much good.

You mean THAT kind of example?

Don't forget to butter your popcorn, the above must be truly funny to you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree