How can on fear death, but not fear the judgeme...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b

Moves
05 Oct 05

Originally posted by Joe Fist
Man you are such a knucklehead. I guess I am afraid of dying like many people, sure, but I am less afraid than before and it has nothing to do with my belief or disbelief in God. It has to do with this life, what I am doing in this life, and how I affect others.

As a Christian preaching to the vast majority of non-Christians, you and a handful of other ...[text shortened]... what you believe that you think if you CAPITALIZE the word GOD enough that others might buy in?
Praise GOD you are a CHRISTIAN!!!
May I ask how can you be a Christian and not believe every Word, that JESUS CHRIST taught. HE taught mor about Death, Hell, Judgement, and life after Judgement.
There are no rocks to get off, But, that one Rock that GOD has placed before mankind. i have no fear of the Judgement, at all. I have no fear that you or others like or dislike, the message that JESUS CHRIST taught. I have no fear that when JESUS CHRIST, said to go into the world and preach the Gospel. I have no fear of speaking the message of fire and brimstone. That was the message that JESUS CHRIST Spoke.I have no fear of THE WORD OF GOD THE BIBLE. For I believe every word of it.
I have no fear if I have offended you or others because of the message. I have no fear of GOD, for speaking what I speak. I fear GOD if I do not do all that HE has giveen me to do.
CHRIST spoke and lived the message every day of HIS life. And HE taught all HIS followers to do the same. You are right that I do Shout the NAMES of my GOD. I do shout the name of JESUS CHRIST. I do shout the WORD OF GOD, THE BIBLE. It is not up to me who accepts oor rejects the message. But if you notice that in every message. You are given the choice of believing or not believeing.
No one is forced to read or not to read the messages, that are on the Spirituality Tread, here at Red Hot Pawn. In fact those that spend their time "haten" or only helping spread the "GOSPEL" of JESUS CHRIST.

b

Moves
05 Oct 05

Originally posted by Omnislash
Lol! I must say, I appreciate your position. For what it's worth, I'd like to share with you some of my views on death, if only to illustrate that a believer need not fall into cliches.

I fear death. I do not fear dying, nor do I fear being dead, nor do I fear the unkown associated with it. I accept it as the natural course of things. I fear death no ...[text shortened]... se to do such, not because I fear his judgement or desire a reward.

Best Regards,
Omnislash
That is a very honest answer very honest. A very true answer.
A Believer need not fear death on any level. We have acceptted THE WORD OF GOD. There has never been a reason not to Believe the message of JESUS CHRIST. We need not worrying obout the uncertain belief about Death. For the day will soon come,and is almost here. When all Believers will say "Death were is your victory"

b

Moves
05 Oct 05

Originally posted by xxxenophobe
Wrongo dongo... people fear what they do not know. Even one who has faith in reincarnation doesnt know if there deeds they have done might cause them to come back as a paraplegic one armed monkey with a tiny weener.... right...
When you have the Salvation that is offered by JESUS CHRIST. We know that reign of Death is comming to an end.

O
Digital Blasphemy

Omnipresent

Moves
05 Oct 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
That is a very honest answer very honest. A very true answer.
A Believer need not fear death on any level. We have acceptted THE WORD OF GOD. There has never been a reason not to Believe the message of JESUS CHRIST. We need not worrying obout the uncertain belief about Death. For the day will soon come,and is almost here. When all Believers will say "Death were is your victory"
😴 ......... I like you kid, but you lost me the moment you started proselytizing (in both responses). Perhaps someday we can discuss such matters outside of the context of our shared theology. I would like that very much, but I do not see it happening anytime soon.........

Pax Vobiscum,
Omnislash

b

Moves
05 Oct 05

😴 ......... I like you kid, but you lost me the moment you started proselytizing (in both responses). Perhaps someday we can discuss such matters outside of the context of our shared theology. I would like that very much, but I do not see it happening anytime soon.........

Pax Vobiscum,
Omnislash
Understood, But..... The turth is the truth regardless how we see it. Within our own differrent views of that Great Rock. On that last great day, then we shall see the truth for our selves.

L

Moves
05 Oct 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
I believe in judgement...

...My OWN judgement that is.

JF
Troubador

Land of Fist

Moves
05 Oct 05

Lol! I must say, I appreciate your position. For what it's worth, I'd like to share with you some of my views on death, if only to illustrate that a believer need not fall into cliches.

I fear death. I do not fear dying, nor do I fear being dead, nor do I fear the unkown associated with it. I accept it as the natural course of things. I fear death no ...[text shortened]... se to do such, not because I fear his judgement or desire a reward.

Best Regards,
Omnislash
Thanks Omni and I completely respect your viewpoint as well. I pretty much agree with it and, if I am correct and if not I apologize, you are Christian correct?

BF101 is all cliche and that is why he is constantly ridiculed.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
05 Oct 05

Frankly, BF101, I'm not worried about death because it is the unknown. I'm terrified because I've experienced what it is like to really contemplate my own non-existence.

Many thinkers credit this fear to one of our basic natural instincts, namely self-preservation.

I have often speculated that this very preservation instinct could be a cause for the invention of an afterlife. Human conscious became advanced enough to recognize our own mortality. Afterlife belief works as a defense mechanism to assuage the brain which is constantly searching for some way to live on.

Personally, I love myself very much, with all my being really. The thought of me not existing is quite terrifying in the present. I figure that it should be much like it was before I was born, so I am not worried about pain or anything of that sort. I'm concerned chiefly with not being at all.

My self-defense mechanism, like most peoples, is just not to think on it too often. Sort of a cognitive dissonance where I know that my time running out, but I live as if it is not. What else can I do really?

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
05 Oct 05
1 edit

O
Digital Blasphemy

Omnipresent

Moves
06 Oct 05

Originally posted by Joe Fist
Thanks Omni and I completely respect your viewpoint as well. I pretty much agree with it and, if I am correct and if not I apologize, you are Christian correct?

BF101 is all cliche and that is why he is constantly ridiculed.
No apologies my friend, you are correct. I would describe myself as "Christian existentialist". I understand the hostility towards BF101, and I think they do too. I just like to make apparent other views of Christianity that are not so "evangelical" oriented. 😉

JF
Troubador

Land of Fist

Moves
06 Oct 05

No apologies my friend, you are correct. I would describe myself as "Christian existentialist". I understand the hostility towards BF101, and I think they do too. I just like to make apparent other views of Christianity that are not so "evangelical" oriented. 😉
Again you are quite right. I know a great many Christians both here on this site and beyond that don't agree with BF101.

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
06 Oct 05

JF
Troubador

Land of Fist

Moves
06 Oct 05

Originally posted by sasquatch672
Oh he's a total wacko. And smug, holier-than-thou, condescending - exactly the kind of person that drives me away from church. He's my Aunt Harriet. I know how people like him live - sitting in judgement of other, less pious, less perfect people, living a sexless, loveless, joyless life, devoid of laughter and fun. Because their whole lives are sp ...[text shortened]... I don't want you to think I'm anti-Christian. I'm pro-Christian. I'm anti-you. You suck.
I wish there was a smiley that applauded because you hit it on the head.

I think my version of Hell would be having to listen to BF101 go on and on all day about how righteous he is with GOD. I am officially an anti-BF101 as well.

Viva La Revolution!!!!!!

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
06 Oct 05
1 edit

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/__PZK.HTM

Behold, I tell you a mystery. We shall not all fall asleep, but we will all be changed,

52 in an instant, in the blink of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For that which is corruptible must clothe itself with incorruptibility, and that which is mortal must clothe itself with immortality.

54 And when this which is corruptible clothes itself with incorruptibility and this which is mortal clothes itself with immortality, then the word that is written shall come about: "Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?"

56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 Therefore, my beloved brothers, be firm, steadfast, always fully devoted to the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/__PZK.HTM

N

Moves
07 Oct 05

You guys are very nice to BF101.

Its nice to see that you dont swear him etc etc etc for what he beliefs in.

I fear death, but I dont fear the judgement day. My reason that I fear death is almost the same reason as everybody else here.

Even though sometimes I get a little "excited" (in an angry way), I believe that God will forgive me my sins.