1. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    22 May '06 11:311 edit
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    That's beside the point. You exist now, are you ungrateful that God created you? (supposing that he did of course).
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 May '06 11:37
    Originally posted by Wheely
    It would be arrogant of us to project our own sense of justice onto any particular god. Therefore, just because we think something is horribly unjust doesn't mean that it actually is. I would have thought that god could have a purpose much greater than we could imagine that required this poor girl to go through what she did.
    The same could be said of 9/11.

Why don't we just drop this whole god / allah / life-after-death idea and work at living in peace now.

Who goes first ?
  3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    22 May '06 11:55
    STANG is to logic as the moon is to crickets.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 May '06 12:08
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    I think you are saying that I bring logic to a debate like the night brings out crickets. Nice.
  5. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    22 May '06 12:25
    Originally posted by STANG
    I think you are saying that I bring logic to a debate like the night brings out crickets. Nice.
    I think you are wrong.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 May '06 12:34
    I think you are wrong.
    What's new ?
  7. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    22 May '06 13:39
    I don't agree.

A god could be absolutely certain if there was life after death.

I believe that no human could be that certain.

A god could not know what it is like to be human faced with death.

A god also could not know what it is like to be the loved one of a human faced with death.

Yet a god supposedly created us. What type of devil must be that god ?
    The only way he could know would be to become human and live a human life , this is why it is important to underline Jesus's humanity. Infact one could argue that he was more human than most of us because he was open to the suffering of others and not cold or shut off. He was vibrating with life and humanity. Kids ran to him and played at his feet , sounds pretty human to me.

I don't know if you will find this relevant but a human being could not know what it is like to take the sins of the world on his shoulders.
  8. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    22 May '06 13:40
    I'm new to STANG what's the deal with this guy?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 May '06 13:56
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    The only way he could know would be to become human and live a human life , this is why it is important to underline Jesus's humanity. Infact one could argue that he was more human than most of us because he was open to the suffering of others and not cold or shut off. He was vibrating with life and humanity. Kids ran to him and played at his feet , so ...[text shortened]... t a human being could not know what it is like to take the sins of the world on his shoulders.
    But he would have been absolutely certain about having life after his death.

He could not know what it is like to not be that certain.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 May '06 14:03
    I began openly questioning Christianity because ...

I believe that Christianity is being used as a front by Bush, manipulating Christian fanatics to achieve his personal financial interests in oil and manufacturers of weaponary.

Bush is so similar to Bin Laden in that regard ...

... except that Bush is a threat to people and the environment on a much larger scale. My own country men and women have died as a result of his actions and he has so little regard for global warming.
  11. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    22 May '06 14:162 edits
    I'm not excluding the possibility of him having changed, but any "discussion" (in my experience) soon degenerated into a SPAM... uh... STANG contest of rhetoric, rather than a conscientious attempt to address the other's points.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 May '06 14:20

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 May '06 14:30
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    something else of importance about bush and christians is how christians will look at another christian as their leader instead of Jesus. apart from the antartican armed forces, bush and his armies are the most powerful people in the world. i don't want other people around earth to behave with that killing attitude he has. they are weak cause they can't even stand on their own two feet.
    I agree .. except that Bush can stand on his own two feet .. and run the otherway.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 May '06 14:53

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    22 May '06 16:11

As His humanity was informed by the same sourse available to us, i.e., the word of God, we have that same certainty.

Ah, come on out and say it: God cheated. While it may be a difficult concept to get your mind around (not being insulting here), when God became a man--- even while He was sustaining the universe at the same time--- He took on the limits of the raiment, as well. He thirsted, He hungered; He started off in as much ignorance as the rest of us, only learning Who He was via the word of God, as was available to Him at that time.

His study of the word of God led Him to the knowledge of His identity by the time He had reached age twelve. Most of us take our whole lives and still don't know who we are.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree