How Deep is the Sea?

How Deep is the Sea?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
25 Feb 09

Originally posted by twhitehead
It is amazing how many people entered the stock market with the belief that it can only go up - and only go up at the top advertised rate.
I thought everybody knew that the stock market was a gamble, but it seems the brokers managed to make it so complicated and persuade people that by spreading your risk you have no risk etc.
As long as you give your m ...[text shortened]... in the stock market or even own a house so you should all stop feeling so sorry for yourselves!
Easy for you to say.

but I'm not complaining, merely musing.

my own fault and I know it. I KNEW I should have gotten out at 14,000.

I also know that staying in will bring me back up to a comfortable level before I really want to throw in the towel. In the meantime, I'm not exactly bringing this up to whine or comaplin or focus on me, I'm more interested in whether the laws of chance, the probabilities stack up against Einstein's claim that God doesn't play dice with the universe.

What did he mean by that, I wonder. I have my take, but what do others think he might have meant?

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
25 Feb 09

This be the perfect place for a thread dedicated to Mammon.

w

Moves
26 Feb 09
2 edits

Originally posted by Scriabin
why can't He send me next month's financial page so I can retire? I'll even promise to go praise his name in every Italian church I can visit in Umbria and Tuscany -- even Sicily, too.
Imagine him turning down your generous offer. Go figure? If you ask me, he should be flattered.

s

England

Moves
27 Feb 09

If there is an anthropomorphic God who pays attention to individual biological organisms infesting a speck of dust in the vastness of this universe, one of many or even an infinite numer of potential quantum realities, why can't He send me next month's financial page so I can retire? I'll even promise to go praise his name in every Italian church I can visit in Umbria and Tuscany -- even Sicily, too.
he could but he would make it blank, be careful what you wish for it may come true

w

Moves
27 Feb 09

I also know that staying in will bring me back up to a comfortable level before I really want to throw in the towel.
What makes you so sure?