How do you define evil?

How do you define evil?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
23 Jan 22

@fmf said
"Evil" is egregious immorality (as already defined in numerous previous discussions, involving doing harm, deceiving and coercing) and gratuitous, sociopathic action that is gravely detrimental and/or damaging to others, and which stems from an abject lack or even absence of empathy and compassion.
So, how many of those boxes do you check?

F

Moves
23 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Did God create the Empire State Building in New York?
I don't know. It's your mythology, not mine. According to that mythology, did your God not create "Satan" and do so deliberately?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Jan 22

@fmf said
I think you are someone who swings wildly between a desire to discuss things in a genuine way and a desire to be malicious, sometimes from day to day, sometimes from post to post. When you have a desire to discuss things in a genuine way, I'm OK with it.
And when I’m being “malicious,” that’s not in reaction to another poster being malicious to me? It just comes right out of the blue?

F

Moves
23 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I read your definition on page 1.

And bearing false witness against someone fits it (and also happens to be one of the Ten Commandments.)
I haven't been "bearing false witness against someone".

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Jan 22

@fmf said
I don't know. It's your mythology, not mine. According to that mythology, did your God not create "Satan" and do so deliberately?
He created Lucifer, who was originally an angel of God with free will.

F

Moves
23 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
And when I’m being “malicious,” that’s not in reaction to another poster being malicious to me? It just comes right out of the blue?
Yes, your reactions seem to be rooted in volatility. "Out of the blue", in other words.

Moves
23 Jan 22

@kevin-eleven said
@FMF -- take your time.

Who am I to say that the profligate poser of questions is prone to run away from questions directed at himself?

F

Moves
23 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I don't see any connection between your malice and the thread topic. I don't think there is any "evil" at work in any of the facile banter on a message board like this. There is nothing to be gained from trivialising and diluting the meaning of the word "evil".

Moves
23 Jan 22

Moves
23 Jan 22

@kevin-eleven said
@FMF

Still waiting for your reply.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Jan 22

@fmf said
It's odd that you are satirizing yourself in this way.
I'm sorry, it is not acceptable to call you out the same way you call out me? You believe the stuff you say. How is that odd?

Moves
23 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
I'm sorry, it is not acceptable to call you out the same way you call out me? You believe the stuff you say. How is that odd?
It is the way of the proud bully/coward, to accost others and crumble when confronted.

F

Moves
23 Jan 22

@kevin-eleven said
@FMF

Still waiting for your reply.
See my first post on page 3.

Moves
23 Jan 22

@fmf said
See my first post on page 3.
A lack of interest in my posts doesn't mean that you are not evil by your own standards.

F

Moves
23 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
I don't think you typing "Faith speak" is calling me out. I think you typing "Faith speak" is a - seemingly inadvertent - parody of how often you greet a very specific question with a rather generic 100-200 words that do not address it.

If you ask me, is there "evil" at work on this forum, I'd answer "no". If I asked you the same question, you'd perhaps type out a couple of hundred words about your faith and not give a clear answer.