1. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    28 Feb '05 21:29
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    By His handiwork are you refering to all the hatred that believers have for other believers whose crime is to believe in the same god, only a bit differently?

Before you go any further into your fallacy... NO inteligent designer would have designed a system with anywhere near the wasted energy.
    no intelligent designer would have designed u ...[text shortened]... ir arkangels were all associated with the same god, EL.

don't beleive me look it up.
    Whom do I hate?

Now you're telling us what God would or would not have done? Interesting.

By the way, in case you forgot, Christians claim everyone came from God, not just the Hebrews. Ancient tribes probably knew of God, but over time they stopped worshipping Him.
  2. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    28 Feb '05 21:521 edit
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Whom do I hate?

Now you're telling us what God would or would not have done? Interesting.

By the way, in case you forgot, Christians claim everyone came from God, not just the Hebrews. Ancient tribes probably knew of God, but over time they stopped worshipping Him.
    Actually im telling you the god of the israELites was El the bull god.
    Thats why Joshua could be so monsterous. you ought to have concerns that your " one true god" refers to himself in the plural.
  3. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    28 Feb '05 22:14
    Actually im telling you the god of the israELites was El the bull god.
    Thats why Joshua could be so monsterous. you ought to have concerns that your " one true god" refers to himself in the plural.
    Do you enjoy being vague? I know I would if I was trying to make a bogus claim.
  4. R.I.P.
    Moves
    28 Feb '05 22:14
    Design is closely linked with a reason e.g a solution to a problem, a better method of doing something etc..... So what is gods reason for designing humans ?
  5. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    28 Feb '05 22:16
    Originally posted by Jay Peatea
    Design is closely linked with a reason e.g a solution to a problem, a better method of doing something etc..... So what is gods reason for designing humans ?
    To share His love and to glorify Himself.
  6. R.I.P.
    Moves
    28 Feb '05 22:33
    To share His love and to glorify Himself.
    Come on "to glorify himself" what sort of reason is that ? Very egotistical ? Plus what reason could he have to want to share his love ?
  7. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    28 Feb '05 22:49
    Do you enjoy being vague? I know I would if I was trying to make a bogus claim.
    I don't see any vaguness in what I posted, if you haven't heard the name El , maybe you should try looking up the semetic gods..
    Start with the plural of El ,,, Elohim.
  8. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    28 Feb '05 23:50
    I don't see any vaguness in what I posted, if you haven't heard the name El , maybe you should try looking up the semetic gods..
    Start with the plural of El ,,, Elohim.
    Different names for the same God. So what?
  9. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    28 Feb '05 23:52
    Come on "to glorify himself" what sort of reason is that ? Very egotistical ? Plus what reason could he have to want to share his love ?
    God lets us know He's a proud God when He says "Thou shalt have no other god before me."

So what? If you could make a universe or two, wouldn't you be somewhat egotistical? But He also gave us life and gave up His Son.

He wanted to share His love because He is a loving God.
  10. R.I.P.
    Moves
    01 Mar '05 00:06
    God lets us know He's a proud God when He says "Thou shalt have no other god before me."

So what? If you could make a universe or two, wouldn't you be somewhat egotistical? But He also gave us life and gave up His Son.

He wanted to share His love because He is a loving God.
    I think you'll find that pride is one of the 7 deadly sins.

Anyway maybe I should expand this further,

What happens to the humans who don't share gods love, or glorify him ? would I be mistaken in my belief that most christains believe that you would go to hell? If that were the case, then it can hardly be "sharing your love", its more of a case of "forcing your love" i.e. if you don't love me then off you go to hell to suffer an eternity of torture. Of course if hell doesn't exist, then it makes a whole mockery of the doctrine of "god forgiving your sins". Without a hell effectively you would be say that everybody would be allowed into heaven, believers, non believers, goodies, badies etc. Then again maybe they might be floating around for eternity in purgatory, but when you think about it this is just another form of punishment i.e. just a watered down version of hell.

But still one can't 100% rule out the possibility of intelligent design, but one can rule out intelligent design from a god in a christian form. Unless you can give me a better reason ?
  11. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    01 Mar '05 00:16
    Different names for the same God. So what?
    The same name of god the creator bull god.
    El, the bull god thats created the universe.

just for laughs enter into the world of antiquities.

http://www.dhushara.com/book/god/canaan.htm

12. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    01 Mar '05 00:25
    The same name of god the creator bull god.
    El, the bull god thats created the universe.

just for laughs enter into the world of antiquities.

http://www.dhushara.com/book/god/canaan.htm

This is sad, man. I mean do you honestly think you underminded Judaism with an afternoon's research?

The Bible claims we all came from a single man and woman, right? Now, wouldn't that man and woman have told their children and their children's children about God? Remember, they didn't have writing back then, they had verbal telling. So eventually, one of the groups saw a bull and thought God was as strong or stronger than the bull so they called Him El instead of Jehovah.

Big deal?

Do me a favor and look up mitochondrial Eve.
  13. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    01 Mar '05 00:28
    I think you'll find that pride is one of the 7 deadly sins.

Anyway maybe I should expand this further,

What happens to the humans who don't share gods love, or glorify him ? would I be mistaken in my belief that most christains believe that you would go to hell? If that were the case, then it can hardly be "sharing your love", its more of a c ...[text shortened]... out intelligent design from a god in a christian form. Unless you can give me a better reason ?
    You are alive right now out of a display of love. It is your choice to love HIm back. He respects that choice by placing you in a place away from Him for eternity. Another display of love. But since He is both infinite love and infinite justice, He also has to punish those who don't follow His rules. Otherwise, what kind of leader would He be?

And pride is a sin for humans, because we have nothing to be proud of, except the glory of our God. He, however, is proud because there is nothing He can't do.
  14. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    01 Mar '05 00:44
    This is sad, man. I mean do you honestly think you underminded Judaism with an afternoon's research?

The Bible claims we all came from a single man and woman, right? Now, wouldn't that man and woman have told their children and their children's children about God? Remember, they didn't have writing back then, they had verbal telling. So eventuall ...[text shortened]... y called Him El instead of Jehovah.

Big deal?

Do me a favor and look up mitochondrial Eve.
    I don't take credit for this , it's not a new discovery.

somewhere in the ancient writing is the process that El used to create the universe. EL the bull god of IsraEL.

15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    01 Mar '05 01:21
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    By the way, "Go figure" means "yes". If that doesn't answer your question, then maybe you should rephrase your question to remove the ambiguity.
    Thanks.

So it is perfectly scientific to make statements about what happened in the past, even if there is no evidence of those events being observed by anyone.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree