1. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 10:28
    Would you say that your viewpoint on religion is only the result of the application of reason? Or, do you have a particular viewpoint because it 'feels' right to you? If you are a theist (or not) can you imagine changing those beliefs as the result of an argument? I don't want to hear the arguments! I just want to know (whatever your views) why you hold 'your' beliefs (not what is written in a book!) and whether you think those beliefs could change (under the normal circumstances of the everyday world - discounting the landing of the alien mothership!)

I will start by saying that I haven't believed in god (or gods) since I was 10 years old. The whole notion is as absurd to me as "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians." I cannot see how words would ever sway me. I feel this viscerally, anything else would be totally dishonest. At the same time, I don't claim that my thoughts and feelings are the actual universe. Because I do 'feel' this so deeply the very last thing I want to do is to impose it on others who might not 'feel' this way. How do you feel?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 10:37
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    Would you say that your viewpoint on religion is only the result of the application of reason? Or, do you have a particular viewpoint because it 'feels' right to you? If you are a theist (or not) can you imagine changing those beliefs as the result of an argument? I don't want to hear the arguments! I just want to know (whatever your views) why you hold ...[text shortened]... ant to do is to impose it on others who might not 'feel' this way. How do you feel?
    I feel very strongly towards spiritual and religous matters in general. There seems to ba a little good in all of them. But I am not attached to manifestations if Spirit. Manefestations come and go.
    (I am not in a very good state of mind to answer this question right now, but I'm giving it a go because I think it such a good question. Thnx TJ. No matter how crappy I feel I still want to remember that spiritual connection and acknowledge it.)
  3. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 11:21
    Would you say that your viewpoint on religion is only the result of the application of reason? Or, do you have a particular viewpoint because it 'feels' right to you? If you are a theist (or not) can you imagine changing those beliefs as the result of an argument? I don't want to hear the arguments! I just want to know (whatever your views) why you hold ...[text shortened]... ant to do is to impose it on others who might not 'feel' this way. How do you feel?
    I feel that the mind is always present; when I 'm dreaming I remain myself just as myself I remain when dreaming I am not; I feel that whatever I do during my dreams is no different in essence than whatever I do when I am not dreaming because in both cases that "whatever" is caused by myself -therefore this "whatever" is empty.
    The body I have when I 'm dreaming is my real body -and that real body is my mind.

The "real body/ mind" is not the same as my mind that is known as sixth sense. I feel that the "sixth sense mind" is an organon equivalent to the Floating World, and that the "real body/ mind" is a status equivalent to the non-manifested field of potentialities which they are the stuff required for the becoming into manifestation of whatever can be ever manifested.

I feel that a dream within a dream I remain -I am a peak within the Floating World, and at the same time a thousand and ten thousand peaks within the mind continuum. I relocate ad infinitum my personal point of attention at miscellaneous levels of conceptual and non-conceptual awareness.

These words are empty -get rid of them once you get the fish
    😵
  4. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 11:26
    No religion😵
  5. Joined
    06 Jun '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 13:22
    With my hands. How do you feel?
  6. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 13:59
    Originally posted by clearlight
    With my hands. How do you feel?
    Only your hands? What a wretched existence. You have my sympathies.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 15:07
    Originally posted by black beetle
    No religion😵
    everything holy, from a blade of grass to the majestic cosmos!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 15:07
    the best that one can hope for is a mutual understanding.
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 15:21
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Ah, is this a product after obtaining Perfect Enlightenment?😵
  10. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 15:28
    The blade of grass is simply the blade of grass, and this is enough for this beetle; if this miserable bug would ever cling to the arbitrary illusions of thoughts like holiness, ego, personality, this and that, separate person or an absolute truth with own-being, it would end up stranded😵

But I see your view too out of yer window😵
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 15:401 edit
    The blade of grass is simply the blade of grass, and this is enough for this beetle; if this miserable bug would ever cling to the arbitrary illusions of thoughts like holiness, ego, personality, this and that, separate person or an absolute truth with own-being, it would end up stranded😵

But I see your view too out of yer window😵
    the whole process beetle my friend, the design, the photosynthesis, the conversion of light into sugars and starches, the feel of it under ones feet, its length, its uses, its ability to feed huge cows and buffaloes, which give milk and cheese and yoghurt, its colour, a holy blade of grass!

but you are one of the few my friend who is not intent on panning the widow in with a huge stone, and i thank you for it!
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 15:51
    the whole process beetle my friend, the design, the photosynthesis, the conversion of light into sugars and starches, the feel of it under ones feet, its length, its uses, its ability to feed huge cows and buffaloes, which give milk and cheese and yoghurt, its colour, a holy blade of grass!

but you are one of the few my friend who is not intent on panning the widow in with a huge stone, and i thank you for it!
    And why should I mess with yer precious window?! It's yer's -and I see that ye spend lots of energy in order to have its glass polished; this is fine with me, just keep in mind that no matter how transparent ye may have it, a screen it will remain😵
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 16:42
    And why should I mess with yer precious window?! It's yer's -and I see that ye spend lots of energy in order to have its glass polished; this is fine with me, just keep in mind that no matter how transparent ye may have it, a screen it will remain😵
    thankyou beetle, its more like a lens to cure me of my spiritual myopia! 🙂
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 16:541 edit
    I believe that Jesus Christ is like the heavenly two ton elephant underneath the rug. I cannot ignore Him because He is history.

I believe that I should listen to a man like Jesus who said "Heaven and earth shall pass away but words shall not pass away."

And if I read His words with a willingness to have God change me if He really wants to, the Holy Spirit will operate in my heart to change me.

I cannot change myself. I am willing to be willing to be changed by Jesus if He wants me to be changed.
  15. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 20:14
    thankyou beetle, its more like a lens to cure me of my spiritual myopia! 🙂
    I thank you too😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree