1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 22:29
    Originally posted by josephw
    The hope is in Christ, not this world. But you wouldn't know anything about that would you?
    I see what hope in Christ does played out daily on this forum. Tragic more often than not.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 22:532 edits
    When America goes down, if it does, so will the world. But they will make war first. World war. It's due.
    America is important (because of it's size), but it's not that important anymore, and the US can't afford to wipe it's metaphorical commercial ass let alone start a world war!

Edit: when will you "types" stop looking for some sort of global disaster as an opportunity to say - see we told you the world was f*****.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 03:08
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    but then why agree with the doom and gloom "prediction" of the op?
    You have a problem with reality?
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 03:09
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I see what hope in Christ does played out daily on this forum. Tragic more often than not.
    Rejecting Christ is the tragedy.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 03:101 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    America is important (because of it's size), but it's not that important anymore, and the US can't afford to wipe it's metaphorical commercial ass let alone start a world war!

Edit: when will you "types" stop looking for some sort of global disaster as an opportunity to say - see we told you the world was f*****.
    You're dreaming. If America goes down for any reason the world goes with it.

Edit: "when will you "types" stop looking for some sort of global disaster as an opportunity to say - see we told you the world was f*****."

Who said anything about looking for global disaster? If you would open your eyes and see reality for what it is, then maybe you'll get over the need for "typing". Talk about bigotry!
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 03:19
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Economic and political power is shifting away from the West.
    Its natural for those in the West to think thats the end of the world.
    But I have news for you. Open your eyes and you will see the kind of amazing development and prosperity that the near and far East is undergoing.
    The problems in the west is a storm in a teacup .. its neither here nor there.
    Open your eyes. The near and far east is in turmoil. And don't believe what you hear about China. Their economy is a farce.

The problem here in America is the spread of misinformation. But at least we have access to information. Not so in China.

America is the greatest nation that has ever existed in terms of wealth and power, and freedom. Still is. Denial of that fact demonstrates perverse ignorants.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 09:041 edit
    We have what we have because we work are asses off to get it. I busted my balls to get to where I am and so have most others here.
    Not true. You have what you have, largely as a result of where you were born. Or are you so naive as to believe that people in your country are for some reason the hardest workers in the world?
    The fact is that for every busting of balls that you do, you get paid 5 times what I get paid for the same effort - merely because you live in America. And when your job gets outsourced to China because they get 1 tenth of what you get for the same ball busting effort, you whine that its unfair.

Quit you're whining. Come on over, there's plenty of room.
    Give me a green card and I will be there tomorrow.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 09:19
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Not true. You have what you have, largely as a result of where you were born. Or are you so naive as to believe that people in your country are for some reason the hardest workers in the world?
    The fact is that for every busting of balls that you do, you get paid 5 times what I get paid for the same effort - merely because you live in America. And when y ...[text shortened]... Come on over, there's plenty of room.

Give me a green card and I will be there tomorrow.[/b]
    The statistics show that we get paid more per hour, but we have to work
    more hours than most other people in other nations. The average worker
    in the USA also gets less vacation time than those in Europe. You may be
    an exception, however.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 10:05
    You're dreaming. If America goes down for any reason the world goes with it.

[b]Edit: "when will you "types" stop looking for some sort of global disaster as an opportunity to say - see we told you the world was f*****."

Who said anything about looking for global disaster? If you would open your eyes and see reality for what it is, then maybe you'll get over the need for "typing". Talk about bigotry![/b]
    Who said anything about looking for global disaster?

Well here's what you posted:
    When America goes down, if it does, so will the world. But they will make war first. World war. It's due.

Perhaps you don't think a third WW would be a global disaster? Saying it's "due" sounds like you are expecting it?

I can only comment on what you post josephw.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 11:53
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The statistics show that we get paid more per hour, but we have to work
    more hours than most other people in other nations. The average worker
    in the USA also gets less vacation time than those in Europe. You may be
    an exception, however.
    You are comparing yourself with other first world nations in Europe. And I don't believe that you have to work all year. Most companies allow unpaid leave, so if you get paid more per hour you can afford to take more unpaid leave. I recently met a Canadian teacher who is taking a year off work to go on holiday around the world. No Zambian teacher could ever dream of doing that.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 12:51
    Open your eyes. The near and far east is in turmoil. And don't believe what you hear about China. Their economy is a farce.

The problem here in America is the spread of misinformation. But at least we have access to information. Not so in China.

America is the greatest nation that has ever existed in terms of wealth and power, and freedom. Still is. Denial of that fact demonstrates perverse ignorants.
    What exactly is 'perverse ignorants' ?

Whatever .. but I will tell you what historical ignorance is .. its denial of a simple fact of man's existence which is that empires rise and regardless of their 'greatness', empires fall.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 13:07
    Not acording what I see in TV.

Wealth? Then why are there these slum and ghettos throughout USA? What about all these riots that happen now and then? What about all these beggars everywhere? And why is the prisons full of people, the most imprisoned nation in the world.

Power? Yes, the USAians love to demonstrate the power, but are very embarrassed when they fail in various wars in the world. Now USA has not even have a decent spaceprogram going.

Freedom? Eh, what about Guantanamo? Whatabout the crowded prisons allover the USA? Do anyone have the freedom to call themselves communists yet? No, but they have their freedom to call themselves racists and KKK.

What about perverted ignorants again?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 13:12
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Not acording what I see in TV.

Wealth? Then why are there these slum and ghettos throughout USA? What about all these riots that happen now and then? What about all these beggars everywhere? And why is the prisons full of people, the most imprisoned nation in the world.

Power? Yes, the USAians love to demonstrate the power, but are very embarrassed ...[text shortened]... have their freedom to call themselves racists and KKK.

What about perverted ignorants again?
    America is the greatest nation that has ever existed in terms of wealth and power???

Did he really say that? We, that is the British ruled them! the best years of their lives!
    It was like a golden era for them!
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 13:26
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    America is the greatest nation that has ever existed in terms of wealth and power???

Did he really say that? We, that is the British ruled them! the best years of their lives!
    It was like a golden era for them!
    It's a pity you, the Brittish, gave up the New World.
    It's also a pity that the Vikings gave up the British Islands.
    If you didn't, and we didn't, Sweden might be a great nation by now!
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 13:32
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    It's a pity you, the Brittish, gave up the New World.
    It's also a pity that the Vikings gave up the British Islands.
    If you didn't, and we didn't, Sweden might be a great nation by now!
    Thats incorrect. The British did not give up anything. They were forceably removed by the natives in all the overseas territories which they wrongly claimed were theirs.
    Unfortunately they were evicted only long after they pillaged and plundered and stole the jewels, wealth and heritage of the locals and after they treated the locals like garbage.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree