1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Jan '12 03:33
    Originally posted by whodey
    Personally I think the polarization is purposeful because it creates interest, as sick as that may sound. In other words, what motivates you to show up at the polls? You vote because you like a particular candidate or hate them. With politicians like "W" and Obama, who do pretty much the same things, having voters show up because you like them becomes prob ...[text shortened]... d with a regulatory body like the IMF or Fed, only it will have full global control.
    I think of the Rep and the Dem as a two sides of the same coin, it does not
    matter which side lands on top it is still the same coin. I'm almost to the
    point of looking for someone hated equally by those in power and vote for
    them since I'm sure they are hated for the reason, they are not a "team"
    player. I've had enough of those, I want someone who says what they are
    going to do (provided I like what they say) and start attempting to get it done.

I think things are so bad now that no matter how bad the Dem Pres is that the
    Dem will support him/her and the samething is more than likely true of the
    Rep as well.

I'm not sure how purposeful a lot of this is, that almost sounds to easy...it is
    someone else's fault verse the voters who vote these selfish people into office
    so they can ceate laws to get rich themselves, and I blame both parties for this.
    Kelly
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Jan '12 05:251 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I think of the Rep and the Dem as a two sides of the same coin, it does not
    matter which side lands on top it is still the same coin. I'm almost to the
    point of looking for someone hated equally by those in power and vote for
    them since I'm sure they are hated for the reason, they are not a "team"
    player. I've had enough of those, I want someone who say
    so they can ceate laws to get rich themselves, and I blame both parties for this.
    Kelly
    I think I will vote for Ron Paul as a protest against the status quo, if he
    is still in the race by the time I get to vote.

P.S. Regardless of who it is, there is no way I will vote for Obama.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Jan '12 12:431 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Erm, no it really really wasn't.

Back up with facts, or retract.

The British Empire was probably the least oppressive and cruel empire in history.

While there were certainly atrocities committed, claiming them to be the most horrific
    in history is just plain idiotic.
    Yeah right .. so you want to argue about who was the worse of... Lenin, PolPot, Hitler ?
    They were all sick and evil dictators.

Similarly all the empires of that era were cruel and greedy .. Spain, Italy Britain .. those nations should all be ashamed of their past instead of boasting about their so-called conquests and 'discoveries'.
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    03 Jan '12 13:181 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Yeah right .. so you want to argue about who was the worse of... Lenin, PolPot, Hitler ?

Similarly all the empires of that era were cruel and greedy .. Spain, Italy Britain .. those nations should all be ashamed of their past instead of boasting about their so-called conquests and 'discoveries'.
    "Yeah right .. so you want to argue about who was the worse of... Lenin, PolPot, Hitler ?
    "

No I have no intention of arguing which of those dictators were worse, they were all evil, and
    had nothing whatsoever to do with the British Empire.

"Similarly all the empires of that era were cruel and greedy .. Spain, Italy Britain ..
    those nations should all be ashamed of their past instead of boasting about their so-called
    conquests and 'discoveries'.
    "

Again, Bull, if you think that all the European empires were alike (which in of itself invalidates
    your original argument) then you really know nothing of history and really should learn some.
    And while there are certainly incidents and actions taken during the building and maintaining
    the British Empire that are regrettable, and should never have happened, I neither will nor
    should be ashamed for the empire as a whole.

Also we don't boast about our Empire, we just remember it, it's an important part of both our,
    and the world's, history.

And the world is definitely better off for the British Empire to have existed.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Jan '12 13:45
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    [b]"Yeah right .. so you want to argue about who was the worse of... Lenin, PolPot, Hitler ?
    "

No I have no intention of arguing which of those dictators were worse, they were all evil, and
    had nothing whatsoever to do with the British Empire.

"[i]Similarly all the empires of that era were crue ...[text shortened]... tory.

And the world is definitely better off for the British Empire to have existed.
    Thank you for your opinion which is noted.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jan '12 13:57
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Thank you for your opinion which is noted.
    Pawned again!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree