1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 19:28
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    I am only observing that there are many claims to the truth. Some claims have existed for many years and are believed by many many people. Others have only existed briefly and have only a few followers.

The former are the established religions. The latter are the cults. All established religions were at one time a cult.

But I would expect that if so ...[text shortened]... it will stand the test of time. And if something whithers quickly, it probably had severe flaws.
    "All established religions were at one time a cult."

I say, all established religions created by man are cults as well.

"But I would expect that if something is an absolute truth, it will stand the test of time."

There's not much time. We are allotted only so many years. One should find The Truth as quickly as possible.

Here is some absolute truth for you.

Romans 3:22 - Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Galatians 2:16 - Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Galatians 3:22 - But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Revelation 14:12 - Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Notice the FAITH OF JESUS in each verse. That is the true FAITH which all who call themselves Christians live by.

Any other faith is a cult.
  2. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 19:461 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"All established religions were at one time a cult."

I say, all established religions created by man are cults as well.
    [/b]Did Jesus ever actually create a religion? He was focused mainly on showing that He was the fulfillment of Judaism, the Messiah. Even many of the early Christians still thought of themselves as Jews (with much argument over whether they should retain the old Jewish observances - Paul spends almost the entire Epistle to the Romans on this issue).
  3. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 19:48
    Don't need nor require your respect.

Your post is rather extreme. I hope you didn't start crying about it.
    I didn't say anything that you should be so offended by. Everyone posting in this forum says what's on their mind without threat of censorship. (None of mine have been moderated out) So stop acting like a little girl. Unless you are one. In that cas ...[text shortened]... mber requires medication to be able to live with others and treat them with respect.)"
    [/b]
    Well, long story short, you have achieved your goal and you'll get no respect from me. Your explanation of my supposed hypocrisy was as weak as any other argument you have to offer - summing up, "because I said so." You are most likely a cultist yourself, using your time on this planet to spread the joy you experience when you belittle others, and as a consequence never being accepted by anyone but the stunted mental pygmies that occupy your dark and irrational corner.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 20:59
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    Well, long story short, you have achieved your goal and you'll get no respect from me. Your explanation of my supposed hypocrisy was as weak as any other argument you have to offer - summing up, "because I said so." You are most likely a cultist yourself, using your time on this planet to spread the joy you experience when you belittle others, and as a c ...[text shortened]... ccepted by anyone but the stunted mental pygmies that occupy your dark and irrational corner.
    No. I'm in your face and that's too intimidating for you.

So you resort to hypocrisy, and you don't even realise it.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 21:09
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    Did Jesus ever actually create a religion? He was focused mainly on showing that He was the fulfillment of Judaism, the Messiah. Even many of the early Christians still thought of themselves as Jews (with much argument over whether they should retain the old Jewish observances - Paul spends almost the entire Epistle to the Romans on this issue).[/b]
    It's not about religion in the first place. Religion is simply any institution created by man that seeks to employ rites and rituals(works) in order to have a relationship with God.

Christianity is a faith. The only true faith there is. In fact it is the faith of Jesus.

Romans 3:22 - Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Galatians 2:16 - Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Galatians 3:22 - But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Revelation 14:12 - Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Especially get the context of Romans 3.
  6. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 21:24
    No. I'm in your face and that's too intimidating for you.

So you resort to hypocrisy, and you don't even realise it.
    Yeah, keep telling yourself that as your knuckles drag the ground.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 21:56
    Yeah, keep telling yourself that as your knuckles drag the ground.
    Hypocrite.
  8. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 22:05
    Hypocrite.
    Plastic storage tub.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 22:12
    Plastic storage tub.
    Baggie with a hole in it.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 22:13
    I hope you're laughing as hard as I am. 😀😀😀
  11. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    24 Sep '09 00:55
    I hope you're laughing as hard as I am. 😀😀😀
    I am. 🙂
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Sep '09 03:28
    I am. 🙂
    Quahhh1!

Either your posts are going to be extreme or nothing.
    Go TJ!!!!🙂
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Sep '09 07:07
    I am. 🙂
    Ironic isn't it? My most vehement disagreements are with my closest friends. In my youth we would even come to blows. Gotta trust your friends.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree