1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 12:41
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    mmm, actually i dont like killing bugs and i have more than once saved a wasp from the clutches of a spider as well as various other little beasties and flies. i dont kill spiders either, just occasionally deprive them of dinner. i gave up using live bait in fishing because did not like killing needlessly and i use a barbless hook so as to cause m ...[text shortened]... . i dont kill them either, even if they are game fish (salmon, trout) but always put them back.
    Save the wasp from the clutches of a spider? I once saw a wasp entagled in a web as the spider came after him, and guess what? The wasp won. He stung the poo out of the spider and killed it, trouble was that the wasp had no where to escape. It was an interesting duel that kept my interst for about 20 minutes.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 12:50
    Originally posted by whodey
    Save the wasp from the clutches of a spider? I once saw a wasp entagled in a web as the spider came after him, and guess what? The wasp won. He stung the poo out of the spider and killed it, trouble was that the wasp had no where to escape. It was an interesting duel that kept my interst for about 20 minutes.
    i know, nature has a very delicate balance. I really dont think that we should interfere, but when you see a helpless creature, or in this instance an entangled creature, somehow ones sense of justice leads one to empathise with it, for there is nothing much that likes to be deprived of freedom. I once had a dream where a wasp was fighting with a bee, i cannot say who won. Poor spider, he takes his chances as well as your experience illustrates.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 13:44
    i know, nature has a very delicate balance. I really dont think that we should interfere, but when you see a helpless creature, or in this instance an entangled creature, somehow ones sense of justice leads one to empathise with it, for there is nothing much that likes to be deprived of freedom. I once had a dream where a wasp was fighting with a b ...[text shortened]... i cannot say who won. Poor spider, he takes his chances as well as your experience illustrates.
    i can't believe you helped a distressed wasp. *shakes head in disbelief*
  4. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 14:46
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Only "ignorant"?
    Very good! 50 pts for you karoly aczel 🙂
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 16:48
    i know, nature has a very delicate balance. I really dont think that we should interfere, but when you see a helpless creature, or in this instance an entangled creature, somehow ones sense of justice leads one to empathise with it, for there is nothing much that likes to be deprived of freedom. I once had a dream where a wasp was fighting with a b ...[text shortened]... i cannot say who won. Poor spider, he takes his chances as well as your experience illustrates.
    Can we then surmise that if the spider took the "evil" test it would fail as well?

As for the wasp who won the battle, I did not free him...or her as the case may be. Don't get me wrong, I thought about it but then I thought if I freed it he would turn his wrath my direction. So not freeing the wasp and letting him die in the spiders web simply on the fear of being stung I suppose will only add to my evil score. 😞
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 16:492 edits
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Very good! 50 pts for you karoly aczel 🙂
    I find that there is a fine line between ignorance, insanity, stupidity and wickedness.

Sincce we are keeping score, how many points is that worth? 😛
  7. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 17:11
    I find that there is a fine line between ignorance, insanity, stupidity and wickedness.

Sincce we are keeping score, how many points is that worth? 😛
    You only get 25 pts for that one,sorry.
    What many people label as "evil" I say it is rather "ignorance" of the Truth.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 18:41
    Originally posted by trev33
    i can't believe you helped a distressed wasp. *shakes head in disbelief*
    why not? has he not a right to life as anyone else? Perhaps it was the fact that he was distressed Trev? When one sees something struggling, whether its a wasp or a fish or a human is it not our natural inclination to reach out and offer assistance? i think it is.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 18:46
    Can we then surmise that if the spider took the "evil" test it would fail as well?

As for the wasp who won the battle, I did not free him...or her as the case may be. Don't get me wrong, I thought about it but then I thought if I freed it he would turn his wrath my direction. So not freeing the wasp and letting him die in the spiders web simply on the fear of being stung I suppose will only add to my evil score. 😞
    i think that he died in vain that wasp. He vanquished his enemy that sought to ensnare him yet it was just striving after the wind, for he was caught in a greater struggle than that. The more he tried to extricate himself, the more entangled he became. I think you can rest easy, Whodey, the balance of nature was satisfied. When i freed my wasp i used a little stick so as not to feel his wrath.
  10. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 19:19
    Here is a bit of truth for ya.
    There is no such thing as "evil".
    I have been accused twice (publicly) in my life of being possessed by the Devil. The first time I laughed, the second time I said that I would start charging Him rent. Evil, as an entity, does not exist.
  11. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 19:26
    Originally posted by caissad4
    I have been accused twice (publicly) in my life of being possessed by the Devil. The first time I laughed, the second time I said that I would start charging Him rent. Evil, as an entity, does not exist.
    LOL
    I see I am not alone. But I have been accused of it many more times than twice.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 19:281 edit
    EVIL

That which results in pain, sorrow, or distress. In order to convey the correct thought in English, the very comprehensive Hebrew word 'ra', is variously translated as “bad,” “gloomy,” “ugly,” “evil,” “calamitous,” “malignant,” “ungenerous,” and “envious,” depending upon the context. (Ge 2:9; 40:7; 41:3; Ex 33:4; De 6:22; 28:35; Pr 23:6; 28:22) The Greek word ,'kakos', may be defined as that which is (1) morally evil and (2) destructive; among the ways it has been translated are: “bad,” “evil,” “hurtful,” “injurious,” “wrong.” (Ro 7:19; 12:17; Col 3:5; Tit 1:12; Heb 5:14)

Are we to assume that these things do not exist? That dropping bombs on persons from drones flying at 30,000 feet does not really happen? that torturing persons who are incarcerated in prison does not really happen? That bullying in schools does not really happen? If then evil does not exist, what are we to term the killing of innocents? the rape of innocents? the maiming of innocents? unjust? a natural consequence of the world in which we live? inevitable? please explain?

Devil is banal and occult overrated.
  13. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 21:09
    EVIL

That which results in pain, sorrow, or distress. In order to convey the correct thought in English, the very comprehensive Hebrew word 'ra', is variously translated as “bad,” “gloomy,” “ugly,” “evil,” “calamitous,” “malignant,” “ungenerous,” and “envious,” depending upon the context. (Ge 2:9; 40:7; 41:3; Ex 33:4; De 6:22; 28:35; Pr 23:6; 28:2 ...[text shortened]... world in which we live? inevitable? please explain?

Devil is banal and occult overrated.
    Yes people do these things to each other. Is it because they are evil? Are they evil acts? Or, perhaps one could say they are acting out of ignorance.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 21:31
    Yes people do these things to each other. Is it because they are evil? Are they evil acts? Or, perhaps one could say they are acting out of ignorance.
    acting out of ignorance? nope, no one rapes or maims out of ignorance that it will not cause pain and suffering. sending up a drone is a conscious act. Are the persons who perpetrate them evil? Yes by definition, for they have caused harm and injury and are morally reprehensible. Are the acts evil? yes again by definition they have caused pain and suffering.

I think we need to get away from the idea that evil is synonymous with simply anti-christ, or Devil incarnate, or is solely the work of daemons etc. The English word is far too limiting and our preconceptions limit us from fully appreciating its significance.
  15. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 23:15
    Huh. 58% evil. Don't think I'm evil at all, I think we're confusing some Chaotic Good acts with evil.

On the other hand, I do have the laugh Mwah ah ah ah ah....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree