1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    23 Oct '12 07:23
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Your analogy fails, too.
    Murder is the unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

Malice:
    1. desire to cause pain, injury, or distress to another
    2. intent to commit an unlawful act or cause harm without legal justification or excuse

God makes the law. God is not a human. God is spirit and light.
    Light automatically destroys the darkness when it come near the dark.
    If a sentient being, in this case the Biblical God, ends my life without my permission that is murder.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '12 09:57
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    If a sentient being, in this case the Biblical God, ends my life without my permission that is murder.
    I would agree with the one caveat that if a sentient being ends your life without your permission
    while you were trying to kill or harm that sentient being or another sentient being then that
    is not murder.

It is different to kill in self defence or defence of others (when there is no practical safe alternative)
    than it is to kill someone who is not an active threat to the safety of other sentient beings.

Killing another sentient being should be avoided wherever possible, and capital punishment is most
    certainly murder, but we can and should draw a distinction between killing in self defence and any
    other kind of killing.

Note: Wars can be classed under self defence on the societal/civilizational level if and when they are
    properly justified and carried out correctly (all reasonable steps taken to minimize casualties ect)
    I am not suggesting by any means that all deaths in wars are murder, or that all (or even many or most)
    troops are murderers. I just wanted to make that clear.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Oct '12 11:31
    Originally posted by JS357
    WWHD?
    What would Hitler do? You have to ask him sometime.
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    23 Oct '12 14:56
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    I would agree with the one caveat that if a sentient being ends your life without your permission
    [b]while you were trying to kill or harm that sentient being or another sentient being
    then that
    is not murder.

It is different to kill in self defence or defence of others (when there is no practical safe alternative)
    than it is to kill someone ...[text shortened]... er, or that all (or even many or most)
    troops are murderers. I just wanted to make that clear.[/b]
    I concur with that caveat. 🙂
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    25 Oct '12 02:49
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    bizarre. straight out bizarre. not a 'bit bizarre'. if my kid asked me what 'bizarre' meant I would prolly refer to him to an anecdote just like this one.
    You're right. It is straight out bizarre. You can take it straight out of the Bizarro Dictionary, compiled by SwissGambit.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree