1. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 07:432 edits
    Originally posted by vivify
    "How many did God kill"?

Well, at least a few thousand, since the bible god ordered the killing of entire tribes--multiple times. And when you factor in that the bible god killed the entire earth via a global flood...that would bring the death count up to at least a billion.

So to answer your question: your god's killed about a billion children.
    God ordered the destruction of entire tribes, really, which ones, you have not said? In
    the case of the Canaanite, it was divine judgement for 'polluting the land', with immoral
    practices such as child sacrifice of which there is a plethora of archaeological evidence,
    in the case of the midianites, God ordered the Israelites not to attack them at all, and
    in deed the majority of cases the mandate was to drive the Canaanites out, its only
    when they took a stance of war, that they were destroyed making your assertions
    utterly ludicrous. About a billion, did you dream that number up like the rest of your
    text? let it be noted that you have not addressed a single point in my entire text as to
    Gods impartiality, his attempts to reconcile mankind to himself or anything of real
    substance. So lets get this, God was responsible for one or two tribes, Hitler directly
    or indirectly responsible for tens of millions of people in WWII, thank you for putting
    it in perspective for us, we couldn't have done it without you.
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 07:59
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    God ordered the destruction of entire tribes, really, which ones, you have not said? In
    the case of the Canaanite, it was divine judgement for 'polluting the land', with immoral
    practices such as child sacrifice of which there is a plethora of archaeological evidence,
    in the case of the midianites, God ordered the Israelites not to attack them ...[text shortened]... WWII, thank you for putting
    it in perspective for us, we couldn't have done it without you.
    has lovingly put up with slander of the most vile kind as is evidenced by the comments from haters in this thread

He will eventually annihilate everyone on the planet who isn't a JW right? I can't see how that is 'lovingly' anything.?!
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 08:111 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]has lovingly put up with slander of the most vile kind as is evidenced by the comments from haters in this thread

He will eventually annihilate everyone on the planet who isn't a JW right? I can't see how that is 'lovingly' anything.?![/b]
    Actually those persons who take a stance against God and his designate King, Jesus
    Christ, bring destruction upon themselves.
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 08:15
    Actually those persons who take a stance against God and his designate King, Jesus
    Christ, bring destruction upon themselves.
    So i will annihilate myself?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 08:17
    So i will annihilate myself?
    Indeed you are personally responsible for your actions.
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 08:211 edit
    Indeed you are personally responsible for your actions.
    I know that. I just don't see how murdering me (if i'm still alive come judgement), and the rest of the planet bar a few million JW's, can be construed as 'loving'.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 08:41
    I know that. I just don't see how murdering me (if i'm still alive come judgement), and the rest of the planet bar a few million JW's, can be construed as 'loving'.
    You have the opportunity to bring your life into harmony with Gods revealed will, its
    your choice as a free moral agent whether you do so or not and whether its loving,
    hmmm, I agree that it seems somewhat macabre, but i dont make the rules 🙂
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 08:44
    You have the opportunity to bring your life into harmony with Gods revealed will, its
    your choice as a free moral agent whether you do so or not and whether its loving,
    hmmm, I agree that it seems somewhat macabre, but i dont make the rules 🙂
    You claimed God 'lovingly' put up with slander, but this is simply not the case. At some point in the future he is going to murder 99% of the human population, how is this 'loving'?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 08:481 edit
    You claimed God 'lovingly' put up with slander, but this is simply not the case. At some point in the future he is going to murder 99% of the human population, how is this 'loving'?
    it is the case, he was slandered since the garden of Eden, Satan termed him a liar, he
    has let the system perpetuate so that all who are disposed may seek him, that is loving
    and that is patient,

(2 Peter 3:9) . . .Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider
    slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire any to be destroyed
    but desires all to attain to repentance.
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 08:48
    it is the case, he was slandered since the garden of Eden, Satan termed him a liar, he
    has let the system perpetuate so that all who are disposed may seek him, that is loving
    and that is patient,

(2 Peter 3:9) . . .Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider
    slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire any to be destroyed
    but desires all to attain to repentance.
    How can murdering 99% of the planet be termed 'loving'?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 08:533 edits
    How can murdering 99% of the planet be termed 'loving'?
    Its not murder if they know the consequences of their actions, is it. Murder is what
    happens to the innocent, not the guilty. anyhow, i need to go to work, hopefully Gods
    patience lasts until i get back and you're not zapped into a cornflake 😀
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 08:55
    Its not murder if they know the consequences of their actions, is it.
    LOL!!!!!!

So if a gunman enters my house and tells me 'don't run or i will shoot you', at which point i make a run for it and he fires killing me, that's not murder?!
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 08:561 edit
    LOL!!!!!!

So if a gunman enters my house and tells me 'don't run or i will shoot you', at which point i make a run for it and he fires killing me, that's not murder?!
    Build your house on the San Andreas fault and claim that it wasn't your fault when an earthquake tears it down 😕
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 09:01
    Build your house on the San Andreas fault and claim that it wasn't your fault when an earthquake tears it down 😕
    An earthquake is the result of natural forces. Murder involves someone making a decision to end someones life. Your analogy fails.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 17:57
    An earthquake is the result of natural forces. Murder involves someone making a decision to end someones life. Your analogy fails.
    Your analogy fails, too.
    Murder is the unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

Malice:
    1. desire to cause pain, injury, or distress to another
    2. intent to commit an unlawful act or cause harm without legal justification or excuse

God makes the law. God is not a human. God is spirit and light.
    Light automatically destroys the darkness when it come near the dark.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree