1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 19:05
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I must admit that you atheists do have vivid imaginations, like fish changing into amphibians and reptiles and mammals and such.

The Instructor
    So in your deluded mind, there are no impact craters on Earth?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 19:48
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So in your deluded mind, there are no impact craters on Earth?
    It must be your vivid imagination that has determined that my mind is deluded and think there are no impact craters on earth. I don't recall saying such a thing, so perhaps your mind is the one that is deluded.

The Instructor
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 20:31
    You didn't get the part where I said for the continuance of the human race and maybe its biosphere too? On another planet. Of course all that is science fiction right now but in 300 years, assuming we survive the next 300 years as a scientific civilization, it will probably be another story, with colonies on several nearby stars. Just getting 10 or 20 ly aw ...[text shortened]... oles though. But that is the general idea to keep mankind going no matter what happens to Earth.
    You didn't get the part where I said for the continuance of the human race and maybe its biosphere too?
    No, I got that.
    I guess I'm getting a tad esoteric.
    The underlying point, or question is, what makes you think saving the human race--- among all the life on the planet--- is an advantage, evolutionary-speaking?
    For that matter, if there is nothing special about manReveal Hidden Content
    which evolutionary thought sans-special creation necessarily demands
    then certainly nothing about earth or the rest of the life here is all that compelling.
    Why not welcome the meteor?
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 05:26
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    The underlying point, or question is, what makes you think saving the human race--- among all the life on the planet--- is an advantage, evolutionary-speaking?
    An 'evolutionary advantage' means 'something that helps the survival of the species'.
  5. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 06:59
    Whoops, I didn't mean to come here. I stopped coming here to the Science forum when some of you began talking about how to keep all them religious nuts from polluting this place.
  6. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 07:11
    tick tock tick tock tick tock... the experiment has begun. Now I'm waiting like a good research scientist to see what the bugs under glass will do... they should be waking up soon. Reveal Hidden Content
    tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock...
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 07:21
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Swing and a miss.

The article you cite is another one of the straw-graspings we've seen time after time: the supposed definitive proof of randomly-inspired biogenesis. Hogwash.

In these experiments, one of the controls is always the experimenter--- in this case, the chemists. For this particular set-up (get it? nothing random about a set-up, ...[text shortened]... egardless of the fact that it does nothing more than solidify the shakiness of the whole idea...
    Another win for the Intelligent Design crowd!
    Kelly
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 07:30
    Not weird. For one thing, you forget about human curiosity, how does it work, what is it made of, how long has it been here?

Another thing, you say 'for atheists', as if only atheists would be interested in evolution. You probably already know the Pope endorsed evolution so there are plenty of theists out there who buy into evolution. They also don't ta ...[text shortened]... her a theist or atheist to have curiosity. That is a big part of what separates us from animals.
    "...since it is obvious to anyone with half a brain the Earth is WAY older than that."

You should start using your full brain, you may see the truth! 🙂
    Kelly
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 08:19
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Another win for the Intelligent Design crowd!
    Kelly
    "another"????????????????????
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 08:25
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    "...since it is obvious to anyone with half a brain the Earth is WAY older than that."

You should start using your full brain, you may see the truth! 🙂
    Kelly
    You are welcome to present any evidence (the Bible doesn't count).
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 08:281 edit
    You are just so full of shyte.

The Instructor
    Oh maven, please educate me, in what way am I full of shyte? The part where we have a chance at one up on the dinosaurs by being able to deflect an incoming asteroid that can do us in? Is that using too much imagination?

Or perhaps the part where I said the Yucatan impact left a crater, now mostly buried underwater and on land, 180 miles wide? You don't think that happened?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 09:27
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    "another"????????????????????
    Every time they attempt to put life together and claim a victory, what
    else could it be, stupid design?
    Kelly
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 09:35
    Oh maven, please educate me, in what way am I full of shyte? The part where we have a chance at one up on the dinosaurs by being able to deflect an incoming asteroid that can do us in? Is that using too much imagination?

Or perhaps the part where I said the Yucatan impact left a crater, now mostly buried underwater and on land, 180 miles wide? You don't think that happened?
    YouTube

The Instructor
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 11:15
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF9Yn5mgrjY

The Instructor
    So, yet again the same SNL video. Your mind has really slipped out of reality this time. Presented with evidence of a violent asteroid hit in the Yucatan, you post a video that suggests you could care less.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 21:35
    So, yet again the same SNL video. Your mind has really slipped out of reality this time. Presented with evidence of a violent asteroid hit in the Yucatan, you post a video that suggests you could care less.
    I care about the real world, not hypothetical imaginary atheist evilutionary nonsense.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree