1. Joined
    18 Feb '07
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 02:21
    Just curious, how many different branches (Catholic, Lutheran, etc.) are there within the Christian religion?
  2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 02:55
    Originally posted by Zander 88
    Just curious, how many different branches (Catholic, Lutheran, etc.) are there within the Christian religion?
    Two.

True Christians, and the rest.
  3. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 02:57
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Two.

True Christians, and the rest.
    lol
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 06:35
    Where I come from (Livingstone, Zambia) a town of about 100,000 people there are approximately 150 Christian denominations. You may call denominations twigs not branches though.
    The truth is that the majority of the members of any given denomination do not agree with every single belief officially promoted by that denomination but if everyone refused to go to Church with anyone with slightly different view points then everyone would go to church alone.

A large part of the differences between denominations is traditions not beliefs.
  5. Joined
    18 Feb '07
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 05:10
    Are there any studies on growth or decline of religious denominations, or on the general religions themselves?
  6. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 05:42
    I've heard there are thousands, but as already posted, most are "twigs," in the sense that they might have only one or two ideas about which they disagree with in other sects.
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 05:51
    Are there any studies on growth or decline of religious denominations, or on the general religions themselves?
    The Shakers in the U.S. were a very interesting group. They achieved their popularity in the early 1800's. As they believed in the imminent return of Christ, there was no need for marriage and procreation. The sexes remained separate. They evenually died out, but left some really good furniture as that seemed to be how they sublimated their sexual energies. Plus a whole lot of shakin.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree