1. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Joined
    13 Nov '03
    Moves
    20532
    05 Dec '05 05:43
    Often in these forums we see Christians among others who push so hard they end up in the gutter.How far should one go in taking abuse from others and pushing themselves beyond their own limits.Two sides of the coin where both have merit and demerit points.It ain't black and white and each person lies somewhere inbetween.What are your thoughts on a bit of soft science?
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Joined
    06 Sep '04
    Moves
    25076
    05 Dec '05 05:50
    Enough is Enough!
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    05 Dec '05 05:511 edit
    Originally posted by windmill
    Often in these forums we see Christians among others who push so hard they end up in the gutter.How far should one go in taking abuse from others and pushing themselves beyond their own limits.Two sides of the coin where both have merit and demerit points.It ain't black and white and each person lies somewhere inbetween.What are your thoughts on a bit of soft science?
    The battle is not against the unsaved/non-believer.

    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. EPH 6:12.
  4. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39559
    05 Dec '05 05:59
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    The battle is not against the unsaved/non-believer.

    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. EPH 6:12.
    Was that from Harry Potter?
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    05 Dec '05 06:13
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Was that from Harry Potter?
    Nope, I don't read or watch that so I do not know?
  6. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39559
    05 Dec '05 06:17
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Nope, I don't read or watch that so I do not know?
    If you don't know, then it might be from Harry Potter. Do you not watch Harry Potter because it sucks or because you think watching kids in a fantasy movie might imperil your immortal soul?
  7. Colorado
    Joined
    11 May '04
    Moves
    11981
    05 Dec '05 06:20
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    The battle is not against the unsaved/non-believer.

    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. EPH 6:12.
    Yes, I take issue with the moderators here as well.
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    05 Dec '05 06:431 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    If you don't know, then it might be from Harry Potter. Do you not watch Harry Potter because it sucks or because you think watching kids in a fantasy movie might imperil your immortal soul?
    It sucks.

    I want you to know that I watch Lord of the Rings all the time. I think thy would be in the same type off movie.

    And that verse is from the Bible because I found it there.
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    05 Dec '05 06:44
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    Yes, I take issue with the moderators here as well.
    ?
  10. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Joined
    13 Nov '03
    Moves
    20532
    05 Dec '05 08:01
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    The battle is not against the unsaved/non-believer.

    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. EPH 6:12.
    'SPIRITUAL FORCES OF EVIL'....so when in a serious battle should one just keep going till they die or God intervines?Is it right to step in for another who is getting a hiding or are you robbing their work in the Lord?Soft,soft science.
  11. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Joined
    13 Nov '03
    Moves
    20532
    05 Dec '05 08:03
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Enough is Enough!
    Is is is said really fast sounds like a snake.
  12. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Joined
    05 Mar '02
    Moves
    32455
    05 Dec '05 08:20
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    It sucks.
    Let me get this straight.

    You've never read nor seen the movies, but you have concluded that it sucks.

    How did you reach this conclusion?

    Nemesio
  13. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Joined
    06 Sep '04
    Moves
    25076
    05 Dec '05 08:42
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Let me get this straight.

    You've never read nor seen the movies, but you have concluded that it sucks.

    How did you reach this conclusion?

    Nemesio
    It's not of God and is therefore of Satan and therefore sucks.
  14. England
    Joined
    15 Nov '03
    Moves
    33497
    05 Dec '05 10:33
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Let me get this straight.

    You've never read nor seen the movies, but you have concluded that it sucks.

    How did you reach this conclusion?

    Nemesio
    its a form of escapeism to watch movies so i do not know why it sucks. For my part i think they are well written. as long as its a form of fun like the Star Trek/ Star Wars people dress up and have some fun. Why is there a problem?
  15. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    05 Dec '05 13:57
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    It sucks.

    I want you to know that I watch Lord of the Rings all the time. I think thy would be in the same type off movie.

    And that verse is from the Bible because I found it there.
    You've said before that Harry Potter is "of the devil" because it contains witchcraft, wizardry, ressurection, etc. How is Lord of the Rings any different?
Back to Top