1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 14:01
    Originally posted by windmill
    Often in these forums we see Christians among others who push so hard they end up in the gutter.How far should one go in taking abuse from others and pushing themselves beyond their own limits.Two sides of the coin where both have merit and demerit points.It ain't black and white and each person lies somewhere inbetween.What are your thoughts on a bit of soft science?
    What are you talking about, '...end up in the gutter.' are you refering
    to how nasty the posts get from time to time?
    Kelly
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 15:49
    Originally posted by darvlay
    You've said before that Harry Potter is "of the devil" because it contains witchcraft, wizardry, ressurection, etc. How is Lord of the Rings any different?
    I know lots of Christians that see both movies and own them. I don't care if they watch them just as long as there kids don't go t oschool after words and play harry potter at recess.
  3. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 15:54
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. EPH 6:12.
    Any chance of any of you using some of that struggle energy to do something about the rulers of dark power that hang around the White House?
  4. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 15:58
    I know lots of Christians that see both movies and own them. I don't care if they watch them just as long as there kids don't go t oschool after words and play harry potter at recess.
    Are you having a laugh?

Do you really think kids pretending to be witches and warlocks and the like is a threat from the depths of Hell?

Come on- Lighten up and have yourself a cup of tea!

I think the inherent evil in Harry potter is that grown individuals seem to think it's ok to read children's literature to themselves in public. These have clearly been perverted by the Evil One.:'(
  5. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 16:28
    Are you serious?!

Playing Harry Potter constitutes sin? Is your faith in your Almighty God so
    weak that when kids pretend they can cast spells you think that they might
    be tempted to evil? You have that little trust in your fellow Christians' ability
    to raise their kids with 'proper' values?

I really hope you are sterile, RBHILL. Any kids you would have would be even
    more screwed up than you.

Nemesio
  6. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 17:33
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Let me get this straight.

You've never read nor seen the movies, but you have concluded that it sucks.

How did you reach this conclusion?

Nemesio
    Oh please Nemesio ..... don't you ever have enough of your annoying way of dealing with RBHILL ?
  7. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 17:34
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Was that from Harry Potter?
    ..... and you should stop your constant harrassing of RBHILL also, marauder.
  8. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 19:01
    Geez, they're still like hyenas over a kill.
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 19:21
    Let me get this straight.

You've never read nor seen the movies, but you have concluded that it sucks.

How did you reach this conclusion?

Nemesio
    It's a childrens book. I don't have time to read childrens books. And you can't argue that it is not a childrens book when it is in the childrens section at borders.

I would rather listen to Lord of the Rings on tape or the Hobbit. And the seven books of Narnia but I haven't got them on tape yet.

http://www.rfbd.org/
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 19:23
    Are you serious?!

Playing Harry Potter constitutes sin? Is your faith in your Almighty God so
    weak that when kids pretend they can cast spells you think that they might
    be tempted to evil? You have that little trust in your fellow Christians' ability
    to raise their kids with 'proper' values?

I really hope you are sterile, RBHILL. Any kids you would have would be even
    more screwed up than you.

Nemesio
    Now, I now ways to make children smart.

Have you heard to play classical music to a child in the womb using headphone.

Speaking of sterile. The Doctors told my ex-girlfriends dad he would never have children. And though prayer he had two. So therefore I know that Prayer works.
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 19:24
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    I know they should go beat off instead or something.
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 19:28
    Speaking of sterile. The Doctors told my ex-girlfriends dad he would never have children. And though prayer he had two. So therefore I know that Prayer works.
    Have you considered that maybe the Doctor's diagnosis was incorrect? He is only human, after all. Did he get a second opinion?
  13. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 19:29
    I know they should go beat off instead or something.
    How are you dealing with that, BTW?
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 19:30
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Geez, they're still like hyenas over a kill.
    Hey you! Where've ya been?

(Please say backsliding...)
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 19:31
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Such a statement is the height of irony coming from you, Ivanhoe.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree