1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Aug '11 23:57
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    Let's drop the whole discussion—I'll acknowledge that you find my post incoherent and leave it at that.
    Ok, thanks.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Aug '11 03:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    A 6 year old already "believes in" God. Does she also believe her teddy bears and dolls are "real"? What's your definition of "sanctity"?

If you're comfortable talking about your children, all well and good. I won't talk about my own children. A few weeks ago Seitse made persistent accusations of pedophilia against me in the Debate Forum (for which I gather h ...[text shortened]... eakyKBH and was upset. For this reason I am not willing to talk about my children here.
    I was not aware of this. I sorry. Did this have anything to do with
    your reaction when I mentioned my grandson's comment about
    your picture?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '11 06:09
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I was not aware of this. I sorry. Did this have anything to do with
    your reaction when I mentioned my grandson's comment about
    your picture?
    No not at all. You think I actually worry about what people on the net like you, FreakyKBH and Seitse say about my avatar? LOL! No. But my wife was a bit upset when she looked at my monitor and saw some of the posts that Seitse and FreakyKBH wrote. Seitse is gone, it seems, but maybe FreakyKBH's support for him was within the TOS. Presumably it was. I was more interested in how you blurted your grandson's comment out just when you had made some utterly foolish comments about Muslims. The fact that you attempted to create distraction at that point was the issue. What you or he thinks of my avatar etc. or Seitse or FreakyKBH for that matter, is just internet garbage, Yahoo chat rooms style. It doesn't mean anything to me.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 Aug '11 14:05
    Originally posted by FMF
    A 6 year old already "believes in" God. Does she also believe her teddy bears and dolls are "real"? What's your definition of "sanctity"?

If you're comfortable talking about your children, all well and good. I won't talk about my own children. A few weeks ago Seitse made persistent accusations of pedophilia against me in the Debate Forum (for which I gather h ...[text shortened]... eakyKBH and was upset. For this reason I am not willing to talk about my children here.
    You speak like a deranged man. The thread is still open for viewing, and--- your wife's discomfort notwithstanding--- a reasonable and objective reader will see that a question which was asked with no discernible malfeasance by Seitse was met with such bizarre avoidance by you as to cast serious doubt/confusion in your direction.

You were not the stoic hero to Seitse's gadfly in that situation: you were the inexplicable sphinx who could/should have readily and easily dismissed any confusion regarding your intentions with immediate and honest responses. As I said then, you made the mountain out of an insignificant mole hill.

The gall you display here in calling someone else on the carpet who is openly sharing their doubts and misgivings regarding their parental duties seems about typical and fully warranting the moniker given.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 Aug '11 14:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    Exactly. Whether it draws gratuitous personal insults from the likes of you and FreakyKBH or not, I find your concept of what "protects" the "sanctity" of a 6 year old's mind incoherent because I do not share your superstitions and your speculations about your own immortality. Exactly. I am not for one minute suggesting you should change the way you raise your children. I was simply commenting on what you revealed about yourself.
    Unlike you, believers don't subscribe to the superstitious gobbledygook of a self-creating/existent universe, nor to the idea that the soul can cease to exist. Freed from such mundane thinking, we teach our children as much as we can about reality, knowing full well that they will make up their own minds in their own time. We could teach them, really, anything for that matter since any one with a thought in their head will eventually want to arrive at some position about such things.

However, thoughtful Christians attempt to provide their children with the tools of critical thinking while knowing that we are in essence, their bridge into adulthood: they are trusting the 'us' part of the telling more than they are the telling, until such time as they develop their own cognitive abilities and make their own decisions on the topic.

The point is, we provide our children with valid and honest options. Can't say an atheist shares the same commitment and/or ability.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '11 14:26
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    You speak like a deranged man. The thread is still open for viewing, and--- your wife's discomfort notwithstanding--- a reasonable and objective reader will see that a question which was asked with no discernible malfeasance by Seitse was met with such bizarre avoidance by you as to cast serious doubt/confusion in your direction.

You were not the stoic ...[text shortened]... gs regarding their parental duties seems about typical and fully warranting the moniker given.
    Seitse was trolling me as a pedophile - starting threads aimed at me with links to news stories about child rapists. He was trolling me as a pedophile across multiple threads, in personal messages, and on two or three different forums. He was trolling me as a pedophile based on my avatar. You were the only poster who played along with Seitse's trolling.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '11 14:41
    Unlike you, believers don't subscribe to the superstitious gobbledygook of a self-creating/existent universe, nor to the idea that the soul can cease to exist. Freed from such mundane thinking, we teach our children as much as we can about reality, knowing full well that they will make up their own minds in their own time. We could teach them, really, an ...[text shortened]... with a thought in their head will eventually want to arrive at some position about such things.
    I do not seek to tell you or epiphinehas how to raise your kids. I was merely pointing out that his use of the word "sanctity" came across as incoherent. He has accepted that this is my view.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    10 Aug '11 09:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    Seitse was trolling me as a pedophile - starting threads aimed at me with links to news stories about child rapists. He was trolling me as a pedophile across multiple threads, in personal messages, and on two or three different forums. He was trolling me as a pedophile based on my avatar. You were the only poster who played along with Seitse's trolling.
    To my knowledge, your troubles with Seitse began in the lone thread to which I had any response. This was the thread in which you inexplicably refused to answer his original and straight-forward question about your status as a parent. It was your peculiar avoidance which prompted additional inquiry. Any subsequent trolling (of which, I was certainly played no part) by Seitse was likely a result of the hypersensitivity you exhibited during and following the conversation in that thread.

My conversation on the topic was reserved to that thread, and I stand by comments made then, now. Your behavior then was unusual enough to warrant inquiry and doubt, especially in light of how easily the discussion could have been resolved given a modicum of effort on your part. Instead, your monumental efforts were spent on ludicrous dodging.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    10 Aug '11 09:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    I do not seek to tell you or epiphinehas how to raise your kids. I was merely pointing out that his use of the word "sanctity" came across as incoherent. He has accepted that this is my view.
    I guess that can be attributed to your general misunderstanding of the word "sanctity," then.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Aug '11 13:45
    To my knowledge, your troubles with Seitse began in the lone thread to which I had any response. This was the thread in which you inexplicably refused to answer his original and straight-forward question about your status as a parent. It was your peculiar avoidance which prompted additional inquiry. Any subsequent trolling (of which, I was certainly pla ...[text shortened]... dicum of effort on your part. Instead, your monumental efforts were spent on ludicrous dodging.
    You were the only poster who played along with Seitse's "pedophile" trolling, FreakyKBH. No one else did. You were the only one.

Your behavior then was unusual enough to warrant inquiry and doubt, especially in light of how easily the discussion could have been resolved given a modicum of effort on your part. Instead, your monumental efforts were spent on ludicrous dodging.

So your advice is that when someone is being trolled by a poster who posts incessantly about sex and is trolling someone with accusations and insinuations of them being a child rapist or a pedophile... your advice in this situation is to give that troll some personal information about one's family and children. Are you being serious?
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Aug '11 03:033 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    You were the only poster who played along with Seitse's "pedophile" trolling, FreakyKBH. No one else did. You were the only one.

Your behavior then was unusual enough to warrant inquiry and doubt, especially in light of how easily the discussion could have been resolved given a modicum of effort on your part. Instead, your monumental efforts were spent o that troll some personal information about one's family and children. Are you being serious?
    Again, I was emphatically not "playing along with" any trolling. My comments on the topic Thread 139198 came very late in the game, long after the two of you had already devolved into petty attempts at one-down-manship. Anyone who has been on here long enough knows the type of postings to expect from Seitse, although this particular one showed him acting in a surprisingly serious vein on an unspeakably deplorable topic.

Because you repeatedly side-stepped the original question--- even demanding that another thread in another forum be used for the inquiry--- you kept stoking the fire... without even the slightest plausible justification for doing so. Everything about your personal responses (personal, not private) rang as hollow and opaque, intentionally non-committal.

So your advice is that when someone is being trolled by a poster who posts incessantly about sex and is trolling someone with accusations and insinuations of them being a child rapist or a pedophile... your advice in this situation is to give that troll some personal information about one's family and children. Are you being serious?
    As far as I know and as far as you have let it be known, that thread started his campaign of accusation. And to think that the maelstrom of words which followed could have been so readily avoided with five words or less from you.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '11 06:092 edits
    Because you repeatedly side-stepped the original question--- even demanding that another thread in another forum be used for the inquiry--- you kept stoking the fire... without even the slightest plausible justification for doing so. Everything about your personal responses (personal, not private) rang as hollow and opaque, intentionally non-committal.
    So when a troll is carrying out a day in day out poisonous vendetta using sexual smears and inuendo, the victim should give the troll personal information?

I wouldn't advise you to do that. I wouldn't advise my children to do that. Would you advise your family members do that? Give the abuser personal data? No, you would not. So why do you think I should have done that?

I think you are really taking your personal animosity too far, FreakyKBH.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '11 06:142 edits
    Again, I was emphatically not "playing along with" any trolling.
    Your playing along with Seitse's inuendo and smears about child rapists and pedophiles, directed at me, can be found here Thread 139198.

Anyone who has been on here long enough knows the type of postings to expect from Seitse, although this particular one showed him acting in a surprisingly serious vein on an unspeakably deplorable topic.

Seitse making "unspeakably deplorable" insinuations about me possibly raping children - based on my avatar - with your encouragement, is him "acting in a surprisingly serious vein" in your book, is it? Good grief.
  14. Joined
    09 Mar '11
    Moves
    11 Aug '11 08:05
    I know that I asked who god was when i was three. i think thats pretty early. I don't really remember what my parents said. mum said somthing along the lines of saying that its this thing that some religious people belive in and dad said somthing like its some kind of divinity within every person. I like that my parents didnt say the same thing, gives a bit of perspective to a kid.
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Aug '11 15:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    So when a troll is carrying out a day in day out poisonous vendetta using sexual smears and inuendo, the victim should give the troll personal information?

I wouldn't advise you to do that. I wouldn't advise my children to do that. Would you advise your family members do that? Give the abuser personal data? No, you would not. So why do you think I should have done that?

Sorry, FMF, it simply isn't adding up. You have already said that he started his trolling and accusations after that thread, so you can't now say that this was an example of trolling--- especially in light of the fact that the thread offers nothing more than his initial innocent inquiry and your repeated refusal to respond.

I can't tell you how to respond: you are the head and protector of your family and need to do as you think best. For myself, I have found that a certain level of openness has never resulted in any harm for any member of my family, and furthermore, it is also my experience that my transparency typically heads off whatever trouble might have come our way--- for whatever reason.

All jabs/jousts/jokes aside, I actually really do like you, FMF. I have both agreed with your thinking and found it frustrating over the years, but I have never had anything but fondness and respect for you no matter what our differences.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree