1. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Aug '16 15:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's immaterial. You're about a decade late with these questions (back when such tenets were still personally relevant to me or when their intellectual and spiritual hold on me was weakening).

I post here as a non-Christian and I'm not interested in explaining or comparing theological notions which I have discarded.

The degree to which my former Christia ...[text shortened]... with the current beliefs of Christians here on this message board is of zero interest to me. 🙂
    This topic is interesting FMF. Maybe not to you, but it's interesting to know not just why you 'discarded' your Christianity, but why your 'turn' from Jesus has been so void of any relationship you supposedly had with Him. Some people like you, who at one time believed but now don't, seem to view of 'discarding' Jesus as that of a lost friend....but you show NO signs of such a former bond with God or Jesus. Quite the opposite in fact.

That's what is interesting.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Aug '16 16:251 edit
    Originally posted by chaney3
    This topic is interesting FMF. Maybe not to you, but it's interesting to know not just why you 'discarded' your Christianity, but why your 'turn' from Jesus has been so void of any relationship you supposedly had with Him. Some people like you, who at one time believed but now don't, seem to view of 'discarding' Jesus as that of a lost friend....but you show ...[text shortened]... such a former bond with God or Jesus. Quite the opposite in fact.

That's what is interesting.
    To me its only a bunch of nosey, facebook-mentality people lacking is self esteem, that start threads [or encourage it for that matter] which aim to investigate the personal lives of people. It makes no difference whether it is about religion or whether it will benefit others. But thats me ... youall proceed 😀
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Aug '16 16:45
    My point is in knowing what they believed about God, Jesus or Christianity.
    Because Christianity can be misrepresented by so many people, I understand why some reject it or become as the bible terms it "shipwrecked".
    For example there are people who were taught to believe that God is evil.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Aug '16 16:46
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    To me its only a bunch of nosey, facebook-mentality people lacking is self esteem, that start threads [or encourage it for that matter] which aim to investigate the personal lives of people. It makes no difference whether it is about religion or whether it will benefit others. But thats me ... youall proceed 😀
    You've recently stated that a person does not have to believe in God or Jesus to get to Heaven, as long as their 'works' are good.
    So keep preaching works. Good stuff.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Aug '16 17:07
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    My point is in knowing [b]what they believed about God, Jesus or Christianity.
    Because Christianity can be misrepresented by so many people, I understand why some reject it or become as the bible terms it "shipwrecked".
    For example there are people who were taught to believe that God is evil.[/b]
    Just for the record I was not referring to your post. Its been at least a couple years that FMF has been saying why he left the Christian church. But sonship keeps on and on with the same questions Asking him what aspects of doctrine he believed in is a different matter.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Aug '16 17:10
    This topic is interesting FMF. Maybe not to you, but it's interesting to know not just why you 'discarded' your Christianity, but why your 'turn' from Jesus has been so void of any relationship you supposedly had with Him. Some people like you, who at one time believed but now don't, seem to view of 'discarding' Jesus as that of a lost friend....but you show NO signs of such a former bond with God or Jesus. Quite the opposite in fact.
    You actually think I have to act like Jesus is my "lost friend" in order for me to show suitably convincing signs of the "former bond"? That's quite the psychodrama you've got running in your mind there. I am a non-Christian, chaney3, not an attention-seeking, dithering Christian.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Aug '16 17:15
    Its been at least a couple years that FMF has been saying why he left the Christian church. But sonship keeps on and on with the same questions.
    It is just sonship's latest self-righteous red herring to distract from a couple of questions of mine that had zero'd in on some incoherent waffle he'd produced on two other threads. 😉
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Aug '16 17:231 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    My point is in knowing [b]what they believed about God, Jesus or Christianity. Because Christianity can be misrepresented by so many people, I understand why some reject it or become as the bible terms it "shipwrecked".[/b]
    Your question was not out of line. I'm simply not interested, that's all.

Whether you happen to believe there has been some misrepresentation of Christianity that's gone on (and that's the issue), or whether you believe I was "shipwrecked" (and therefore I am floundering), or whether you want to demonstrate how your strain of Christian thinking is better, truer, clearer than anyone else's - it's all immaterial to me.

If I wanted that kind of input and attention, I'd perhaps go to a Christianity Forum and pretend to still be a Christian, albeit only just, and let all the ideologues of various stripes court me. 😛
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Aug '16 17:25
    You've recently stated that a person does not have to believe in God or Jesus to get to Heaven, as long as their 'works' are good.
    So keep preaching works. Good stuff.
    I did not say it like that. Your good works must please God. If you understand what that means and you are able to follow it then you will be ok.

I will give you an illustration. There must have been many thousands of people who heard the teachings of Jesus. Im pretty sure that very few would have known who he was, but many believed and many followed. Many lives were changed by his teachings. These changed people and changed lives from sin and worldliness to righteousness and good works is what pleases God, and God will reward these people well with eternal life.

The mouth worship and the lip service is an insult to God and those who do it will reap death and destruction.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Aug '16 17:38
    I did not say it like that. Your good works must please God. If you understand what that means and you are able to follow it then you will be ok.

I will give you an illustration. There must have been many thousands of people who heard the teachings of Jesus. Im pretty sure that very few would have known who he was, but many believed and many followed. Man ...[text shortened]... hip and the lip service is an insult to God and those who do it will reap death and destruction.
    I understand your point that God will be pleased by good works, but you have now removed the necessity to believe that He exists.

I have seen your exchanges with Ghost on this matter. You are implying that an atheist will go to Heaven if his works are pleasing to God, even if he doesn't believe in God or Jesus. You have removed the necessity of 'belief', which is surprising.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Aug '16 18:06
    I understand your point that God will be pleased by good works, but you have now removed the necessity to believe that He exists.

I have seen your exchanges with Ghost on this matter. You are implying that an atheist will go to Heaven if his works are pleasing to God, even if he doesn't believe in God or Jesus. You have removed the necessity of 'belief', which is surprising.
    There are people capable of living righteously and doing good works. Nobody has to tell them what to do. These people have this gift from God and these are Gods people. Some of them will claim to be atheists just as some evil people will claim to believe in God.

Like I already said. God has no interest in what people claim because God knows the truth and God knows the heart of man.

1John 2:29 .. every one that doeth righteousness is born of him [God].
  12. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 Aug '16 20:17
    There are people capable of living righteously and doing good works. Nobody has to tell them what to do. These people have this gift from God and these are Gods people. Some of them will claim to be atheists just as some evil people will claim to believe in God.

Like I already said. God has no interest in what people claim because God knows the truth and ...[text shortened]... heart of man.

1John 2:29 .. every one that doeth righteousness is born of him [God].
    Not wishing to talk myself out of salvation, but didn't Jesus say 'Truly, truly,...unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

John 3:3
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Aug '16 20:27

I will give you an illustration. There must have been many thousands of people who heard the teachings of Jesus. Im pretty sure that very few would have known who he was, but many believed and many followed. Man ...[text shortened]... hip and the lip service is an insult to God and those who do it will reap death and destruction.
    Rajk999,
    Must you have the SAME discussion on EVERY THREAD !?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Aug '16 20:43
    Originally posted by sonship
    Rajk999,
    Must you have the SAME discussion on EVERY THREAD !?
    I dunno .. ask those who are participating. Im not talking to myself.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Aug '16 21:08
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Not wishing to talk myself out of salvation, but didn't Jesus say 'Truly, truly,...unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

John 3:3
    I doubt you can talk yourself out of salvation if your lifestyle pleases God. However that is between you and God. The passage you quoted says this:

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. (John 3:5-8 KJV)

Born again has two aspects:
    - of water - takes place in this life with this body made of flesh and blood. If God wants you to be baptised it will happen.
    - of the Spirit - takes place in the next life when the righteous are transformed into spirit bodies before they can enter Gods Kingdom.

With God nothing is impossible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree