1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '16 23:07
    Originally posted by sonship
    Right.
    You have no particular bone to pick with Christians on this Forum,

Whatever gave me that impression?

Anyone want to bring up the name FMF and read down the list of all his posts for about 200 entries ? See if he has any debates with believers in Jesus Christ here.
    What is wrong with a non-Christian debating with a Christian on a debate and discussion forum like this?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Aug '16 23:12
    Originally posted by FMF
    What is wrong with a non-Christian debating with a Christian on a debate and discussion forum like this?
    Tricky fellow.
    Tricky misrepresentation of what I said.

Tricky re-characterization of my words - "it is wrong for a non-Christian to debate a Christian here."

Oh no. That's not what I said. I'm saying you debate under the false facade of having been an "old hand" at being a Christian for thirty years.

So now you reap what you have been sowing.
    Tell us all about you being a believer in Christ for thirty YEARS !

Amnesia ?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '16 23:19
    I do not assume your past experience is my present experience.
    I assume that when you say your were three decades a Christian you really mean something like you have lived for over three decades.

I do not assume that you have my experience. I assume you come off in a sensational way claiming to know something about which you apparently know very little, being a Christian.

It is something like claiming that because you went down to the beach for many years, you once were a fish.

I assume that you were inside an edifice of some kind on occasions. Whether this was voluntary or compulsory I do not know. I think that perhaps you have sit in a pew and you think that qualifies you to say you were a Christian.

Or maybe you believed in the Golden Rule.
    It doesn't matter what your concealed Christian backround is.

Robbie the JW is right. When it comes to the foundational book of the Christian faith, you're quite ignorant, at least for one claiming three decades of being a disciple of Jesus Christ. Oh, that's what a Christian is, in case you were confused.

I am not interested in your evaluation of my Christian past. Nor am I concerned by your accusations of being a liar. It's all water off a duck's back.

I think you should parade your Christian beliefs for what they are without seeking to contrast them with what mine may or may not have been in the past.

For you to be preening about being a Christian by going on and on about what a non-Christian might have believed decades ago - and how unconvinced and cheated you feel - is a forum nadir for you.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '16 23:201 edit
    [i]OI'm saying you debate under the false facade of having been an "old hand" at being a Christian for thirty years.[/b]
    I debate here as a non-Christian. If you don't think I used to be a Christian, then that's OK by me.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '16 23:21

Amnesia ?
    Why are you repeating this question over an over again?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Aug '16 23:23
    Tricky fellow.
    Tricky misrepresentation of what I said.

Tricky re-characterization of my words - "it is wrong for a non-Christian to debate a Christian here."

Oh no. That's not what I said. I'm saying you debate under the false facade of having been an "old hand" at being a Christian for thirty years.

So now you reap what you have been sowing.

Amnesia ?
    One would have thought that after thirty years walking with the Christ he might be able to tell us something about his life as a Christian?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '16 23:24
    Originally posted by vistesd
    In the past, when I’ve responded to such questions, they invariably turned out to be a kind of “bait and switch”—that is, the real intent had nothing to do with honest curiosity, but was set up to show (to other readers, if not myself) how wrong (or hypocritical and dishonest) I must be. [...] If someone wants to try to bait me now with various claims abou ...[text shortened]... (or whatever) to respond, yet again, to this kind of inquiry—enjoy your smug self-righteousness.
    Just take a look at sonship's behaviour on this thread. I asked him a couple of questions on other threads - which he balked at - and now we have this.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '16 23:26
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    One would have thought that after thirty years walking with the Christ he might be able to tell us something about his life as a Christian?
    But I don't have any interest in doing so, as I have made clear. πŸ˜‰
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Aug '16 23:321 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    But I don't have any interest in doing so, as I have made clear. πŸ˜‰
    I understand that you have no interest in your basic integrity being shown in this false claim of yours.

What's a little white lie among Internet talkers anyway ?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '16 23:46
    I understand that you have no interest in your basic integrity being shown in this false claim of yours. What's a little white lie among Internet talkers anyway ?
    Is this post - and this whole tack you're on - part of your ministry as a disciple of Christ, sonship? I cannot ever remember - when I was a Christian - behaving in the way you are at the moment when I encountered ex-Christians. Maybe I did, but I don't think so.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Aug '16 23:491 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am not interested in your evaluation of my Christian past.

You must have been when you strutted around claiming here that you were a Christian in your past for thirty years.

You're only not interested if my evaluation doesn't take you at your word.
    You obviously intended it to be evaluated as a substantial matter to form an impressive backround to your present unbelief.

IE. "I was there. Now I know I was all wrong."

Hype, I think.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '16 23:52
    FMF: I am not interested in your evaluation of my Christian past.

You must have been when you strutted around claiming here that you were a Christian in your past for thirty years.
    No, sonship. I am not interested in your evaluation of the beliefs I held in my Christian past. If I were, I would go into detail about them and offer them to you for evaluation. But I'm not.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '16 23:54
    You obviously intended it to be evaluated as a substantial matter to form an impressive backround to your present unbelief.
    Do you think I should have kept the fact that I used to be a Christian secret while posting 25,000 times as an ex-Christian and non-believer on this forum?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 06:07
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Why? Have you any interest in discussing your life before you were a JW?
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 07:401 edit
    Question @sonship: do you think FMF wasn't Christian enough before, if he drifted away from Christianity later? (Or maybe wasn't what you think of as a true Christian. )

Reply @FMF: thanks for a direct answer to a relevant question.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree