How to prove your belief....

How to prove your belief....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Oct 10

Originally posted by divegeester
Where does the Bible say I need to join the JW organisation in order to be saved?
Stick to the thread. Can you prove your belief from the Bible. Yes or no?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Oct 10

One example of proving ones faith from the Bible is the use of the cross. Could anyone here prove "by scripture only" that we should use it in our worship?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
14 Oct 10

See first of all you need to have a New World Translation as this is the only true and correct version of the bible. Then you must prove to everyone that there version is not right. 🙂 Also you need to go out and pass out "awakes" or whatever it is.

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
14 Oct 10

Originally posted by galveston75
One example of proving ones faith from the Bible is the use of the cross. Could anyone here prove "by scripture only" that we should use it in our worship?
No where does it say in the scriptures that anyone is to worship the cross or use it in worship of God so put away your Straw man already.

Manny

t

Moves
14 Oct 10

I'll declare where it clarifies that you should NOT make unto thee ~any~ graven images, and you can't get any more Heaven above of an image than a crucifix..

Exodus 20 (King James Version orig. ~only~)

4Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Cape Town

Moves
14 Oct 10

The basic truth is in all Bibles but unfortunently there have been some changes with the worst being the removal of God's name from many.
So are you unable to back up your claim that The Bible itself says "it is all inspired by God" ?
Do you admit your claim is false, or will you just ignore my request for clarification?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Oct 10

Originally posted by twhitehead
So are you unable to back up your claim that [b]The Bible itself says "it is all inspired by God" ?
Do you admit your claim is false, or will you just ignore my request for clarification?[/b]
The Bible is it's own proof of it's inspiration by God. If you don't see that there is nothing I can do to prove it to you.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Oct 10

Originally posted by menace71
See first of all you need to have a New World Translation as this is the only true and correct version of the bible. Then you must prove to everyone that there version is not right. 🙂 Also you need to go out and pass out "awakes" or whatever it is.

Manny
Geeez Manny. Do you not read my post at all? If you say yes then your not telling the truth.
All the scriptures I've been posting the last 4 months have been from various Bible translations and not once have I used our Bible.
Pay attention and maybe you'll learn something.

Cape Town

Moves
14 Oct 10

The Bible is it's own proof of it's inspiration by God. If you don't see that there is nothing I can do to prove it to you.
I didn't ask you to prove that it was inspired. I asked you to back up your claim that it claims to be inspired. You clearly can't back up the claim so I will take it that you made it up (or were deliberately lying).

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Oct 10

Originally posted by twhitehead
I didn't ask you to prove that it was inspired. I asked you to back up your claim that it claims to be inspired. You clearly can't back up the claim so I will take it that you made it up (or were deliberately lying).
First I don't lie and I'm offended that you are implying that. If you can't get over the insulting trait don't expect me to discuss anything with you.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
14 Oct 10

First I don't lie and I'm offended that you are implying that. If you can't get over the insulting trait don't expect me to discuss anything with you.
First I don't lie

You sure about that?

Moves
14 Oct 10

Stick to the thread. Can you prove your belief from the Bible. Yes or no?
No or course not. If I could prove it all the logic lovers would follow.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Oct 10

Originally posted by Proper Knob
[b]First I don't lie

You sure about that?[/b]
If your implying I do you'd better be careful.

Moves
14 Oct 10

I understand where he is coming from; you and robbie skirt around core issues so much it leaves you open to these accusations.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
14 Oct 10
2 edits

This is what you said in the Evolution Makes Me Cry thread on the 21 Aug 2010 -

Fab I admit I am not a student of evolution

And this is what you said in your evolution and bats??? thread on the 15 Nov 2009 -

I'm not closed minded and I have studied evolution all my life

They seem a little contradictory to me.