1. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 18:14
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I understand where he is coming from; you and robbie skirt around core issues so much it leaves you open to these accusations.
    we are beautiful!
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 18:17
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    we are beautiful!
    I think that's open to debate.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 18:19
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I think that's open to debate.
    oh really! . . . . . . . in Gods eyes!
  4. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 19:08
    Originally posted by galveston75
    For those who believe in the whole Bible and not just parts of it that fit your ideals, one should reason and hope that the Bible is the truth and it is from God. If it is truly from God and one is wanting the Bible to be their guide thru life on many levels, one should be able to use the Bible to prove their beliefs throughout the entire Bible without d ...[text shortened]... ture that seems to contradict another or contradicts a belief they have, what should one do?
    the bible is the word of God, not the words of God
  5. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 19:43
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    oh really! . . . . . . . in Gods eyes!
    Well said yo! Amen =]
  6. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 19:49
    Originally posted by duecer
    the bible is the word of God, not the words of God
    B. I. B. L. E.
    basic
    instructions
    before
    leaving
    earth
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 13:27
    For those who believe in the whole Bible and not just parts of it that fit your ideals, one should reason and hope that the Bible is the truth and it is from God. If it is truly from God and one is wanting the Bible to be their guide thru life on many levels, one should be able to use the Bible to prove their beliefs throughout the entire Bible without d ...[text shortened]... ture that seems to contradict another or contradicts a belief they have, what should one do?
    "For those who believe in the whole Bible and not just parts of it that fit your ideals, one
    should reason and hope that the Bible is the truth and it is from God"

don't you find this to be somwhat circular? if you believe all the bible, isn't it precisely because you think it is the truth and from god? and its funny how you said to believe in the bible before coming to the conclusion that it is the truth and from god(that's what is understood from your phrase)
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 13:28
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Sling it in the nearest bin?
    thats mean
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 13:30
    One example of proving ones faith from the Bible is the use of the cross. Could anyone here prove "by scripture only" that we should use it in our worship?
    jesus was crucified. do you believe it was mistranslated and should be read as "pole-ified"?

where in the bible does it say jesus died on a pole?
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 19:38
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    jesus was crucified. do you believe it was mistranslated and should be read as "pole-ified"?

where in the bible does it say jesus died on a pole?
    Most Bible translations say Christ was “crucified” rather than “impaled.” This is because of the common belief that the torture instrument upon which he was hung was a “cross” made of two pieces of wood instead of a single pale, or stake. Tradition, not the Scriptures, also says that the condemned man carried only the crossbeam of the cross, called the patibulum, or antenna, instead of both parts. In this way some try to avoid the predicament of having too much weight for one man to drag or carry to Golgotha.
    Yet, what did the Bible writers themselves say about these matters? They used the Greek noun stau‧ros′ 27 times and the verbs stau‧ro′o 46 times, syn‧stau‧ro′o (the prefix syn, meaning “with&rdquo😉 5 times, and a‧na‧stau‧ro′o (a‧na′, meaning “again&rdquo😉 once. They also used the Greek word xy′lon, meaning “wood,” 5 times to refer to the torture instrument upon which Jesus was nailed.
    Stau‧ros′ in both the classical Greek and Koine carries no thought of a “cross” made of two timbers. It means only an upright stake, pale, pile, or pole, as might be used for a fence, stockade, or palisade. Says Douglas’ New Bible Dictionary of 1985 under “Cross,” page 253: “The Gk. word for ‘cross’ (stauros; verb stauroo . . . ðŸ˜‰ means primarily an upright stake or beam, and secondarily a stake used as an instrument for punishment and execution.”
    The fact that Luke, Peter, and Paul also used xy′lon as a synonym for stau‧ros′ gives added evidence that Jesus was impaled on an upright stake without a crossbeam, for that is what xy′lon in this special sense means. (Ac 5:30; 10:39; 13:29; Ga 3:13; 1Pe 2:24) Xy′lon also occurs in the Greek Septuagint at Ezra 6:11, where it speaks of a single beam or timber on which a lawbreaker was to be impaled.
  11. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 22:16
    Most Bible translations say Christ was “crucified” rather than “impaled.” This is because of the common belief that the torture instrument upon which he was hung was a “cross” made of two pieces of wood instead of a single pale, or stake. Tradition, not the Scriptures, also says that the condemned man carried only the crossbeam of the cross, called the p ...[text shortened]... t Ezra 6:11, where it speaks of a single beam or timber on which a lawbreaker was to be impaled.
    This is completely correct, and rather interesting how you have presented it.

I would like to add that if one were to "add Jesus' name by a code in Numerology, of surmountable amazing insight to this code", you will have ==8===, or 228222, or 486, for Lo, also Holy Bible totals 36, and I will try to graph it a little better, but I have before and it has warped the proper sequence when I posted such, however I know another way to do, and shall try..

8 J E S U S
    11 1 5 1 3 1

The 15131 total is the # of each letter in the name, which equals 11, or 9 11
    Now, when you total 1 (one) it equals 7 (seven) equals 2 (two) equals 4 (four) equals 6 (six) equals 7, which is the first of his name, that being "J", then you are to do the exact same thing to each letter, and you will "see" ==8===

I used to speak with atheists and explain to them how I can prove with #s "alone" Christ was crucified, or as you said, "impaled".
  12. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 22:18
    I apologize,

the spacing I had added to separate for a clearer understanding apart from the name typed, and the graph I showed, but it connected as you see it, just separate it your self, and try the totaling as I have shared with you, it's amazingly awesome, and this is just a smidgen of it's awesomeness.
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 22:45
    Geeez Manny. Do you not read my post at all? If you say yes then your not telling the truth.
    All the scriptures I've been posting the last 4 months have been from various Bible translations and not once have I used our Bible.
    Pay attention and maybe you'll learn something.
    No I was just being an Smart Ass!!! 😉 A truth or fact can be proven as where sometimes beliefs are harder to prove. Does not negate that a belief can be true however.

Manny
  14. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 22:47
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    This is what you said in the Evolution Makes Me Cry thread on the 21 Aug 2010 -

[b]Fab I admit I am not a student of evolution

And this is what you said in your evolution and bats??? thread on the 15 Nov 2009 -

I'm not closed minded and I have studied evolution all my life

They seem a little contradictory to me.[/b]
    Wow nice homework 🙂 man put that in a court case. Yet were expected to believe you guys on other issues?

Manny
  15. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 22:52
    Most Bible translations say Christ was “crucified” rather than “impaled.” This is because of the common belief that the torture instrument upon which he was hung was a “cross” made of two pieces of wood instead of a single pale, or stake. Tradition, not the Scriptures, also says that the condemned man carried only the crossbeam of the cross, called the p ...[text shortened]... t Ezra 6:11, where it speaks of a single beam or timber on which a lawbreaker was to be impaled.
    Does it really matter what the instrument was? Cross or "T" or a pole ? Not really we know that this event took place. That is what the crux of the matter is pardon the pun.

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree