Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Thought terminating cliche 😞
    Why have you not been baptized? 😛
  2. weedhopper
    Moves
    03 Oct '10 04:21
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Oh wait I know...

The Anabaptist Church, the Anglican Church, the Assemblies of God Church, the Baptist Church, the Calvary Chapel, the Lutheran Church, the Mennonites, the Presbyterian Church, the Roman Catholic Church, the Irvingites, the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Did I get it right?
    Hal Lindsay, the Millerites (twice), and maybe Oral Roberts (tho we cant be sure--he said the Lord would take him home if he didn't raise some ridiculous amount of millions many years ago, and enough people donated to reach the goal and keep Oral safely on earth. So on that one, we can only speculate 😉
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '10 09:42
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Oh wait I know...

The Anabaptist Church, the Anglican Church, the Assemblies of God Church, the Baptist Church, the Calvary Chapel, the Lutheran Church, the Mennonites, the Presbyterian Church, the Roman Catholic Church, the Irvingites, the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Did I get it right?
    Interestingly you quote religious organisations rather than people, which in many ways these days is more relevant with all the very obviously erroneous money-grabbing, mind-bending, charlatans there are.

People are indeed often like sheep; they either follow the "money" evangelists hoping the prosperity vibe will rub off onto them, or they join massive wealthy organisations looking for safety in numbers, absorbing all the doctrine and error that has been accumulated over the decades, rather than looking for the Author of Life himself.

It's difficult to decide which of the two sources of false prophesy is the more troubling.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree