1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Dec '13 11:38
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    okay smarty pants......

do you feel you have reject vishnu?
    Vishnu the maintainer is one of three gods making up the Trimurti, the other two are Brahma, the creator, and Shiva, the destroyer. I do not know what relation these three have to the Christian Trinity, but there is no doubt that Hinduism does recognize other deities, some of whom are worshipped by other sects as the 'Supreme Being', instead of Vishnu. I do not know enough about Hinduism to have an opinion on this, but yes, since I do not follow Hinduism, I feel I must reject their gods on this basis alone, that I do not believe in them, as presented by the Hindu faith.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Dec '13 11:41
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Reasons? Tell me about these reasons for commanding the killing of children.
    Maybe if you had read my answer, you'd glean one.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Dec '13 11:42
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    It's impossible for god to sin because sin is going against the command of god.
    Thus whatever god does or what god commands is not a sin by definition.

Which is why I only care whether something is moral and I don't give a [expletive]
    whether something is a sin or not.

Sin is an evil and stupid idea.

Stick with morality.
    Yes, obviously the capricious whims of man should take precedence over the wisdom of God. [/eyeroll]
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    16 Dec '13 12:21
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Maybe if you had read my answer, you'd glean one.
    Children were put to death to stop other Gods infecting the Hebrews. I see.

So God did convince people to kill other people? Contrary to what you claimed earlier in the thread.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    16 Dec '13 12:221 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Yes, obviously the capricious whims of man should take precedence over the wisdom of God. [/eyeroll]
    Killing children is 'wisdom'. 😲
  6. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    16 Dec '13 18:33
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Reasons? Tell me about these reasons for commanding the killing of children.
    Well, let's see, I suppose if they were whining and carrying on in a restaurant or movie theater there may be some minute justification...
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Dec '13 18:45
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    Human Options at A Glance

#1. God: O "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten [uniquely born] Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world; but that the world should be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name [person] of the only begotten [uniquely born] Son of God." (John 3:16-18)

Human Beings: (?) Who are we? Why are we here? Where are we going? How will we get there?

#2. God: O

Person A. Positive Volition at God Consciousness: (+V) If you're up there, God, I'd like to know you.

Person B. Negative Volition at God Consciousness: (-V) Whether there's a god or not, I'm not interested.

#3. God: O The only issue for eternal relationship with God is a person's attitude toward the Person of Jesus Christ, God’s Perfect Gift. "What do you think about the Christ?" Matthew 22: 42

Person A. Positive Volition at Gospel Hearing (+V) "Believe in the Lord Jesus
    and you shall be saved." (Acts 16:31a) Father, I believe in Jesus Christ.

or

Person A. Negative Volition at Gospel Hearing (-V) "Believe in the Lord Jesus
    and you shall be saved. "No thanks; I think I'll just live my life without god.

"But a natural man [unbeliever] does not accept the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them [the Gospel and Bible doctrine], because they are spiritually discerned." (1 Corinthians 2:14) "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey [the command to believe in] the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him." John 3:36

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree