1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Feb '15 13:244 edits
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Everyone.
    He was only half man.
    This is like a person in a room full of peaple chewing stinky garlic. He gets so use to the smell that he doesn't even notice the stench in the room anymore.

You say "everyone" is more of a man than Jesus. No, you have taken fallen, corrupted humanity, sinning humanity, as the norm.

Jesus is not the enigma. Jesus is the standard meant by God. The presence of Christ demonstrates how much the human family as fallen from God's original intention.

Normal then is set by this astounding one - the Son of God.
    You have opted to imagining that the sin infested man is normal and that Jesus Christ must have been some abnormality, some enigma.

Christ stands out because Christ is what God meant by "human being."
  2. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 01:35
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    We change Amen. To A man.
    re you one of those referred to in Romans?
    (Romans 1:24-27) Therefore, God, in keeping with the desires of their hearts, gave them up to uncleanness, so that their bodies might be dishonored among them. 25 They exchanged the truth of God for the lie and "venerated and rendered sacred service to the creation" rather than the Creator, who is praised forever. Amen. 26 That is why God gave them over to uncontrolled sexual passion, for their females changed the natural use of themselves into one contrary to nature; 27 likewise also the males left the natural use of the female and became violently inflamed in their lust toward one another, males with males, working what is obscene and receiving in themselves the full penalty, which was due for their error.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 02:171 edit
    Originally posted by roigam
    re you one of those referred to in Romans?
    (Romans 1:24-27) Therefore, God, in keeping with the desires of their hearts, gave them up to uncleanness, so that their bodies might be dishonored among them. 25 They exchanged the truth of God for the lie and "venerated and rendered sacred service to the creation" rather than the Creator, who is praised fore ...[text shortened]... ing what is obscene and receiving in themselves the full penalty, which was due for their error.
    So, a fun time in the old town tonight.....So what are you doing after the bacchanalia?

It's funny, humans actually thinking a god would think or act like that. The whole concept of a god COMMANDING humans to attack other humans simply because they venerate beetles or whatever. That is not a god speaking. Those words are 100% men deciding to attack other men.

In fact, the entire concept of a god, a being capable of creating entire universes, would say to an isolated tribe in the middle east, fight those dudes over there because they don't worship me is totally ludicrous.

So you, tribe, fight THAT tribe. While totally ignoring the entire culture of India, China, South America, Europe, Siberia, Alaska and so forth.

So we are to be led to believe this god just came down to the isolated Semite tribes and started working on its religion thing right there with no reference to anyone else on the planet and what's more, condemning the rest of the planet to hell for not believing, not caring all those countries or areas I mentioned never heard this word for thousands of years.

Sure, it could happen. Only in a mushroom addled desert rat getting to much sun and not enough water.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 03:18
    So, a fun time in the old town tonight.....So what are you doing after the bacchanalia?

It's funny, humans actually thinking a god would think or act like that. The whole concept of a god COMMANDING humans to attack other humans simply because they venerate beetles or whatever. That is not a god speaking. Those words are 100% men deciding to attack other ...[text shortened]... it could happen. Only in a mushroom addled desert rat getting to much sun and not enough water.
    You remind me of an old Ebenezer Scrooge who despises Christmas and who is continually crying out "Bah, humbug!"
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 11:30
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You remind me of an old Ebenezer Scrooge who despises Christmas and who is continually crying out "Bah, humbug!"
    I intensely dislike what is done in the name of religion.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 11:56
    Originally posted by sonship
    Christ stands out because Christ is what [b]God meant by "human being."[/b]
    If Adam and Eve hadn't sinned, would have Jesus have ever come into existence?
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 12:09
    I intensely dislike what is done in the name of religion.
    Do you mean like feeding the hungry and caring for the poor?

Maybe you're referring to the hypocrites that pretend to believe and use it as an excuse to kill for power and wealth?
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 12:10
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    If Adam and Eve hadn't sinned, would have Jesus have ever come into existence?
    God has always existed. Don't waste your time trying to understand that.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 12:13
    We change Amen. To A man.
    You/we can't change anything! On a superficial level, maybe a little.

Change your socks. That's about all the change you can do.
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 12:46
    Originally posted by josephw
    God has always existed. Don't waste your time trying to understand that.
    I didn't ask about God.

I asked about Jesus.

Would Jesus (who is - according to some, but not others - both the son of Gosh and Gosh himself.......... don't bother me with your logic) have come into existence if Adam and Eve hadn't sinned?
  11. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 12:531 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    Do you mean like feeding the hungry and caring for the poor?

Maybe you're referring to the hypocrites that pretend to believe and use it as an excuse to kill for power and wealth?
    I think you will find sonhouse was referring in part to the atrocities committed in the name of religion. I understand that 20 christian fisherman have just been beheaded in Libya.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 14:28
    I didn't ask about God.

I asked about Jesus.

Would Jesus (who is - according to some, but not others - both the son of Gosh and Gosh himself.......... don't bother me with your logic) have come into existence if Adam and Eve hadn't sinned?
    Get educated on the Trinity Doctrine. Then you will have your answer. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 15:14
    Get educated on the Trinity Doctrine. Then you will have your answer. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    So, is that a yes or a no... would Jesus have come into existence if Adam and Eve hadn’t sinned?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 16:02
    So, is that a yes or a no... would Jesus have come into existence if Adam and Eve hadn’t sinned?
    That is for you to figure out for yourself. Don't be lazy. 😏
  15. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 16:07
    That is for you to figure out for yourself. Don't be lazy. 😏
    I don’t know why I would bother talking to you. You share a level of stupidity that is equaled only by Grampy Bobby.

Nevermind.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree