1. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    03 Mar '06 12:45
    Just for the hell of it, here is an article stating the case for the personhood of Koko, the Lowland Gorilla:

http://www.abslogic.com/CaseForPersonhood.htm
  2. Isle of Skye
    Moves
    03 Mar '06 12:56
    Originally posted by Starrman
    You see, that's what I'm talking about. I'm not making an argument here, merely expressing my opinion. I was making no presuppositional inference whatsoever. I have observed you posts and am acting in reply to them, I wonder if you even know what presuppositional means. Whilst I may not believe in god, I make it an ongoing process to educate myself abou ...[text shortened]... cally, because you don't have any comprehension of how they could work, they must be wrong.
    So you think that because my opinion differs from yours that I must be deluded and uneducated. That strikes me as the most arrogant thing I've ever read. Has it never occured to you that you might just be wrong some of the time? No?...
  3. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    03 Mar '06 13:02
    Originally posted by princeoforange
    So you think that because my opinion differs from yours that I must be deluded and uneducated. That strikes me as the most arrogant thing I've ever read. Has it never occured to you that you might just be wrong some of the time? No?...
    Lol, you are something else, it is not our difference of opinion which suggests your uneducated delusion, but your demonstration of it. If you weren't deluded, you'd see that your opinions are generally unsupported by any form of research, logic and actual knowledge of the subject.

Of course I'm wrong, quite often in fact. The difference is, I try and seek out truth, you proclaim it, unsubstantiated.
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    03 Mar '06 13:06
    Trying to get back on topic, exactly how am I shirking my responsibilities of humanity by not believing in god (your god? )?

And are animals inferior to humans due to their shirking of this responsibility? Which is to say, they are inferior because they are incapable of having this responsibility in the first place?

D
  5. Isle of Skye
    Moves
    03 Mar '06 13:11
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Trying to get back on topic, exactly how am I shirking my responsibilities of humanity by not believing in god (your god? )?

And are animals inferior to humans due to their shirking of this responsibility? Which is to say, they are inferior because they are incapable of having this responsibility in the first place?

D
    Oh boy! You get the wrong end of the stick every time. If you read every post you will discover that animals do not have this responsibility because, as you rightly pointed out they are "incapable" of it. If you decide to "shirk" this responsibility, who am I to stop you?
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    03 Mar '06 13:22
    Oh boy! You get the wrong end of the stick every time. If you read every post you will discover that animals do not have this responsibility because, as you rightly pointed out they are "incapable" of it. If you decide to "shirk" this responsibility, who am I to stop you?
    I'll ask again, please tell me what responsibility to humanity am I shirking as a non-believer?

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree