1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Oct '18 07:35
    @karoly-aczel said
    quite simply this: I contend that if you look at humans like any other animal they behave like parasites.

Agree? Disagree? not sure?
    humanity is worse than parasitic/ parasites in general only take from their host what they require to survive / mankind is now destroying this planet, polluting the air & the sea killing the very thing it needs to survive......getting down from soap box rant over.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Oct '18 16:01
    @karoly-aczel said
    why not?

explain. give me a bit of reasoning.
    Parasites are generally near the bottom of the food chain. We are at the top, being, as you say, the dominant species on the planet.

Parasites always feed on species higher in the food chain. If we are "parasites", whom do we feed on? There are no species higher on our planetary food chain.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Oct '18 20:33
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Yep, a misclick. That post was indeed intended for you.

Your contention is wrong.
    please explain how it is wrong?
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Oct '18 20:42
    @romans1009 said
    <After all, you are revered as a even-handed and insightful poster by many here.>

LOL - Good one!
    I may not revere him but the truth is many like the Ghost.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Oct '18 20:44
    @suzianne said
    Parasites are generally near the bottom of the food chain. We are at the top, being, as you say, the dominant species on the planet.

Parasites always feed on species higher in the food chain. If we are "parasites", whom do we feed on? There are no species higher on our planetary food chain.
    we feed on everything. we feed on each other even.

most people take and take their whole lives without giving second thought to it..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree