1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 19:45
    whether it be physical, emotion , cerebral pr otherwise, the history of humans can be accurately portrayed by analogies to parasitism. Or so is my contention.

In short our etheral nature is intertwined with our physical nature.
    Our base physical nature doesn't recognize the paradoxical nature of the universe because it sees itself as finite and hence the nature of life as a joke.
    Become a learner to become a master. Remain humble and circumspect to radiate confidence.etc.
    When do you find something? When you DONT expect it!!
    Watch all those thoughts ....

But at the end of the day, no matter how virtuosly we try to erase our sins , we all remain slaves to the drive of our desires which drives parasitic behaviour.
    If psychology is to understand the human mind then it should reflect on the history of human behaviour on this planet, especially as it relates to dominance. The many parasitic interactions between people should shed some light .
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 19:54
    @karoly-aczel said
    whether it be physical, emotion , cerebral pr otherwise, the history of humans can be accurately portrayed by analogies to parasitism. Or so is my contention.

Our base physical nature doesn't recognize the paradoxical nature of the universe because it sees itself as finite and hence the nature of ...[text shortened]... as it relates to dominance. The many parasitic interactions between people should shed some light .
    Your contention is BS.

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter." -- Yoda
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 20:441 edit
    @karoly-aczel said

Our base physical nature doesn't recognize the paradoxical nature of the universe because it sees itself as finite and hence the nature of ...[text shortened]... as it relates to dominance. The many parasitic interactions between people should shed some light .
    Let me give you a clue.

We were made in the image of God himself, fearfully and wonderfully made!

Stop buying into this crap that the world lies to us about.

Do we have our problems, sure, but with that comes a great hope and purpose.

Don't listen to the lies.

YouTube

We have value.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 00:09
    @suzianne said
    Your contention is BS.

Yes, it says 'Jedi" for religion on my facebook. What of it? 😆
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 00:12
    @whodey said
    Let me give you a clue.

We were made in the image of God himself, fearfully and wonderfully made!

Stop buying into this crap that the world lies to us about.

Do we have our problems, sure, but with that comes a great hope and purpose.

Don't listen to the lies.

[youtube]aezikcoCr4o[/youtube]

We have value.
    2 things for now: 1. I dont subscribe to the idea of ;hope;. Dont need it, you dont have one.
    2. What lies am I believing? my own ? Do you know how I come to conclusions about what I believe?

Please answer these first ....
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 01:581 edit
    @karoly-aczel said
    Yes, it says 'Jedi" for religion on my facebook. What of it? 😆
    If you think we are nothing but parasites, you are no Jedi. Your faith is a thin garment, nothing more.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 02:301 edit
    @suzianne said
    If you think we are nothing but parasites, you are no Jedi. Your faith is a thin garment, nothing more.
    the thread title reads: human beings are parasites. this refers to our physical nature as previously mentioned. No I'm not a Jedi, they're not even real.
    Question is Are humans parasitic ? And If so, can we learn from a position of global dominance as a species and see where these behaviours may lead us?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 04:251 edit
    @karoly-aczel said

What are you on about?

What are you on?

What are you?

Wut?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 04:31
    @karoly-aczel said
    the thread title reads: human beings are parasites. this refers to our physical nature as previously mentioned. No I'm not a Jedi, they're not even real.
    Question is Are humans parasitic ? And If so, can we learn from a position of global dominance as a species and see where these behaviours may lead us?
    A species that "dominates the globe", as you put it, cannot reasonably be considered a "parasite".
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 07:42
    @suzianne said
    Your contention is BS.

I think you fail to understand the nature of both humanity and parasitic organisms.

No doubt ToO will be along shortly to say how you show good insight into the human condition.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 21:11
    @divegeester said
    What are you on about?

What are you on?

What are you?

Wut?
    quite simply this: I contend that if you look at humans like any other animal they behave like parasites.

Agree? Disagree? not sure?
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 21:11
    @suzianne said
    A species that "dominates the globe", as you put it, cannot reasonably be considered a "parasite".
    why not?

explain. give me a bit of reasoning.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 21:15
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I think you fail to understand the nature of both humanity and parasitic organisms.

No doubt ToO will be along shortly to say how you show good insight into the human condition.
    you talking to me? Cause it sounds like you're talking to me ...

So is this thought original original enough for you?

I thought you were a psych of sorts... do you have anything to say about my contention? After all, you are revered as a even-handed and insightful poster by many here.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Oct '18 07:28
    @karoly-aczel said

I thought you were a psych of sorts... do you have anything to say about my contention? After all, you are revered as a even-handed and insightful poster by many here.
    Yep, a misclick. That post was indeed intended for you.

Your contention is wrong.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Oct '18 07:30
    @karoly-aczel said

<After all, you are revered as a even-handed and insightful poster by many here.>

LOL - Good one!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree