1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Dec '17 12:09
    http://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-humber-42314748/couple-adopts-abandoned-dog-while-on-holiday-in-crete

Funny that humans have the ability to feel bad about suffering but this so-called god most people worship could care less, as the post about why god allows cancer shows.

So tell me why do humans feel something your god doesn't? Or at least doesn't give a crap enough to do something about it since it is allegedly omniscient? Since humans have invented Crispr, it seems an omniscient god could have easily modified human DNA to prevent cancer at least.

So your allegedly graceful loving god seems to be unable to do what humans have done already or to feel what humans feel already.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Dec '17 15:08
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    http://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-humber-42314748/couple-adopts-abandoned-dog-while-on-holiday-in-crete

Funny that humans have the ability to feel bad about suffering but this so-called god most people worship could care less, as the post about why god allows cancer shows.

So tell me why do humans feel something your god doesn't? Or at least doe ...[text shortened]... god seems to be unable to do what humans have done already or to feel what humans feel already.
    Or He created us to care for all, but we do such a bad job of it that when someone does it makes the news!
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Dec '17 17:51
    Originally posted by @sonhouse

So tell me why do humans feel something your god doesn't? Or at least doe ...[text shortened]... god seems to be unable to do what humans have done already or to feel what humans feel already.
    The same loving God allowed his son to suffer.

Perhaps suffering is not evil.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Dec '17 18:492 edits
    Originally posted by @eladar

Or reality: the whole suffering son act was bogus. I could say, I heard the elephant holding up the planet the other day and he was bitching about the turtles underneath him wanting a backrub, just as valid an argument. God cares nothing about the fate of humans. In fact, if anything, all the suffering, cancers, deaths by weapons and such, is gods way of keeping the population from going through the roof.

Like 8 billion is not ALREADY through the roof......

The main reason I posted is it seems clear HUMANS feel pain and suffering of others. If a god does, it is not telling US about it. It all seems clear to me, even assuming there is some kind of god who made the universe and all that, it is a zero appearing god and all the bullshyte tales of the bible are just that: bullshyte, tales made up to convince the flock to behave. After the first few bullshyte tales are written down, by now it is hundreds of years later, THAT generation is totally programmed by the parents and the priests or whatever you want to call the alleged go between dude. Even the second gen of people after books like that are written are now programmed to believe it even though they would never see or hear a real god directly.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Dec '17 19:29

Yeah, that must be it.

😞
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    22 Dec '17 09:26

If suffering is good then you should have a lot of grateful pupils.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree