23 Jan '13 14:38
    The Bible is totally devoid of humer.
  2. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 15:08
    Originally posted by 667joe
    What is 'humer'? Is that a typo? Did you mean 'humour' or even 'humor' if you are American?

Assuming you meant humour then what is your point? Are you suprised that it has none? Do you think it is significant?

What do you actually want to discuss here?

--- Penguin.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 15:15
    so is an anatomy book. totally devoid of humer, humour and humor.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 16:03
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    so is an anatomy book. totally devoid of humer, humour and humor.
    Unless it is covering the humerus.
  5. Maryland
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 16:21
    Sorry for the Typo. What I mean to address is that humor plays a very important part in life and often enhances the quality of life, yet the bible which is tauted as a reference guide for life never mentions or uses humor. Rather ironic!
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 17:301 edit
    Sorry for the Typo. What I mean to address is that humor plays a very important part in life and often enhances the quality of life, yet the bible which is tauted as a reference guide for life never mentions or uses humor. Rather ironic!
    There is humor in the bible. One record that comes to mind is when Jacob thought he was marrying Rachael and got Leah. Then came the baby war between the two wives.
    Then there was Sampson who was a prankster, one needs to understand the culture at the time.
  7. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 17:42
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    There is humor in the bible. One record that comes to mind is when Jacob thought he was marrying Rachael and got Leah. Then came the baby war between the two wives.
    Then there was Sampson who was a prankster, one needs to understand the culture at the time.
    Then there was that bit about the talking the snake. Oh my sides...
  8. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 17:55
    I think there is a ton of humor in the Bible. Like Deuteronomy Chapter 23 V1:

"1: He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD. "

I think that is fricking hilarious!
  9. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 18:08
    Originally posted by Ullr
    I think there is a ton of humor in the Bible. Like Deuteronomy Chapter 23 V1:

"1: He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD. "

I think that is fricking hilarious!
    What about Deuteronomy Chapter 23 verse 2?

WOW.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 19:10
    There may not be any Hummers but there is certainly motorbikes.

Exodus 34:98b
    ...and the roar of Moses Triumph was heard throughout the land"
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 23:56
    We are also commanded to love God's brother...🙂

1 John 4:21
    And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.
    NKJV
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jan '13 03:27
    We Christians find joy in the words of the Holy Bible.
    It is the atheists that find all the humer or humor. 😏
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jan '13 03:40
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Sampson "went and caught three hundred foxes; and he took torches, turned the foxes tail to tail, and put a torch between each pair of tails..set the torches on fire...to go into the standing grain of the Philistines..." (Judges 15:4-5).
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jan '13 04:003 edits
    There are some that consider this funny:

Jesus saw Nathanael coming toward Him, and said of him, “Behold, an Israelite indeed, in whom is no deceit!”

Nathanael said to Him, “How do You know me?”

Jesus answered and said to him, “Before Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you.”

Nathanael answered and said to Him, “Rabbi, You are the Son of God! You are the King of Israel!”

Jesus answered and said to him, “Because I said to you, ‘I saw you under the fig tree,’ do you believe?

(John 1:47-50 NKJV)

Then there are some atheist that consider the entire Bible a big joke.
    I have a cousin who was always finding funny things in the Bible. I even found them funny at the time, by the way he related them. I can't remember the things he said now, however.
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '13 10:09
    yes, that is why whenever people report about a tragedy that costs human lives, about a volcano erupting, about the passing of a dear friend, they put on clown costumes, do jokes and comedy sketches.

yes, we should insert humour in every aspect of our lives. doctors giving you good news or bad news should do so while wearing red clown noses, and then squirt you with their gag lapel flower. firemen should use pink water because it is funny. policemen should use gag guns that shoot bang flags. can you imagine the look on the criminal's face and how it will enhance the quality of his life?

and no, it is not ironic at all.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree