1. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 11:211 edit
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8342056.stm

"fairly provocative" and said they could be viewed as inciting homophobia.

further evidence of the gay movement and its insidious nature topped with complete and utter hypocrisy, have they no concept themselves that this could be termed inciting to religious hatred, and that some may be offended by their own actions. oh but please do not criticise them, for you shall be termed a homophobe and a bigot.

please note, they state

"This work is not intended to incite or offend anyone of any belief system, however, we respect your right to disagree with that opinion.

regardless of the intent, this does not in any form or manner diminish the fact, that some have found it offensive and that it is completely insensitive to a persons religious beliefs. what are we to think? in Glasgow, one sure way of getting publicity for your crappy work of 'art', is to attack a religious theme, in this case, the Christ. if you cannot deface a Koran, nor depict an image of Mohammed, you can sure deface a bible and depict Christ as a transsexual. bunch of pansies and cowards!
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 11:261 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie

further evidence of the gay movement and its insidious nature topped with complete and utter hypocrisy, have they no concept themselves that this could be termed inciting to religious hatred, and that some ...[text shortened]... ctions. oh but please do not criticise them, for you shall be termed a homophobe and a bigot.
    They're just trying to provoke. And you make them succeed. You let yourself be provoked.

Aren't you from Glasgay, by the way?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 11:28
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    They're just trying to provoke. And you make them succeed. You let yourself be provoked.

Aren't you from Glasgay, by the way?
    i dont make them succeed, i know what they are about bunch of pansies and cowards! free and easy advertising, for their crappy works of non art!
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 11:36
    i dont make them succeed, i know what they are about bunch of pansies and cowards! free and easy advertising, for their crappy works of non art!
    But you are provoked? Then they have in fact succeeded!
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 11:42
    But you are provoked? Then they have in fact succeeded!
    not in the sense that i would go waving a placard, just in the sense of the hypocrisy of their stance! Glasgow is a particularly homophobic city! Gayness has never really been accepted here, not like in Edinburgh. You would never see people walking hand in hand for example, they are liable to persecution.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 11:52
    not in the sense that i would go waving a placard, just in the sense of the hypocrisy of their stance! Glasgow is a particularly homophobic city! Gayness has never really been accepted here, not like in Edinburgh. You would never see people walking hand in hand for example, they are liable to persecution.
    You homophobians provoke homosexuals all the time. When you are provoked by the gays, then you whine.
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 12:06

further evidence of the gay movement and its insidious nature topped with complete and utter hypocrisy, have they no concept themselves that this could be termed inciting to religious hatred, and that some ...[text shortened]... can sure deface a bible and depict Christ as a transsexual. bunch of pansies and cowards!
    I am more interested in what you feel about homosexuality. Are not there more biblical references to putting them to death than there are say women leading a church?
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 13:04

further evidence of the gay movement and its insidious nature topped with complete and utter hypocrisy, have they no concept themselves that this could be termed inciting to religious hatred, and that some ...[text shortened]... can sure deface a bible and depict Christ as a transsexual. bunch of pansies and cowards!
    What's wrong, are you feeling like an oppressed minority? Hmmm...fancy that.
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 14:051 edit

further evidence of the gay movement and its insidious nature topped with complete and utter hypocrisy, have they no concept themselves that this could be termed inciting to religious hatred, and that some can sure deface a bible and depict Christ as a transsexual. bunch of pansies and cowards!
    I'm curious as to why your religious beliefs are so special they have to be protected. I could be 'completely insensitve' about your political beliefs, or your preference in music, both of which are belief systems just like your religious beliefs, and that would be fine. What makes your religious beliefs any different?
  10. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 14:05

What's up with the anti-gay stance? Do you believe that marriage should be between a man and woman, just like the example of Jesus?
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 14:40
    further evidence of the gay movement and its insidious nature
    Who is this 'gay movement'? Is it a single organisation?
    Would you consider it fair if I said the same with regards to the "Christian movement" eg Pastor xyz's most recent statement is further evidence of the Christian Movements ...."
  12. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 15:32
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I'm curious as to why your religious beliefs are so special they have to be protected. I could be 'completely insensitve' about your political beliefs, or your preference in music, both of which are belief systems just like your religious beliefs, and that would be fine. What makes your religious beliefs any different?
    Originally posted by Proper Knob

Firstly although I think it generally good manners not to offend people, sometimes that concern can be trumped by other considerations, including artistic ones. I don't think people should have the right not to be offended. I do think people should have the right not to be discriminated against on the grounds of sexuality or religion. Sometimes these might come into conflict, and I think those situations should be decided on a case by case basis.

I therefore reject Robbie Carobie's charge of hypocrisy against those responsible for the play.

But to a more serious issue:
    I could be 'completely insensitve' about your political beliefs, or your preference in music, both of which are belief systems just like your religious beliefs, and that would be fine.
    In what sense is your preference in music a belief system?
  13. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 16:31
    Originally posted by Lord Shark
    [b...
    In what sense is your preference in music a belief system?[/b]
    Music is an interesting analogy here.

Music and religion are entirely subjective in what is "good" and "bad". Neither have facts or foundations to draw upon what is good music/religion and what is bad music/religion.

So it can be said that how one perceives music/religion is entirely up to oneself.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 18:25
    You homophobians provoke homosexuals all the time. When you are provoked by the gays, then you whine.
    oh no, we dont make movies about gaydos chief agent and king that was suddenly transformed into heterosexual at the wave of a magic wand and now leads a 'normal, 'life. If we did we would be termed homophobes, as it stands its alright for the gaydos to take something that we cherish and grotesquely turn it into something that is clearly offensive to many in order to gain some cheap publicity. the worst part is that it is done under the guise of art, as if that makes it alright! cheapos!
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 18:27
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I am more interested in what you feel about homosexuality. Are not there more biblical references to putting them to death than there are say women leading a church?
    what i feel is irrelevant and of no significance, for i did not write the word of God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree