1. Joined
    09 Jul '10
    Moves
    05 Dec '10 15:39
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]==================================
    Okay. So only a bit of God is merged with man.

So, was Jesus omniscient or not? Lucifershammer once declared he was in a thread long ago. You think he had only limited knowledge?
    ====================================

Well, the word picture we are left with in the book of Revelation is a river of w ...[text shortened]... mass produce humans like Jesus Christ - the universal mingling of God and man.
    That's all very nice. But could you answer my question?
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 Dec '10 19:48
    Originally posted by IshDaGegg
    That's all very nice. But could you answer my question?
    [b]==============================
    So, was Jesus omniscient or not? Lucifershammer once declared he was in a thread long ago. You think he had only limited knowledge?
    ====================================

Sorry, I misunderstood your question.

If you read the Gospels you should be able to see that sometimes Jesus was limited in what He knew.

At other times He knew far more then what a limited human should be able to know. So it depends I suppose on how God chose to express Himself in Christ at a given situation.

Obviously sometimes God in Christ chose to express Himself as surprised man or a man who needed information. At those junctures He did not express omniscience. At other times He knew the future or what was in the hearts of people.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 Dec '10 19:542 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]Wouldn't that make you a theist?

I would describe Mr Booth as a deist.

Theism, in the broadest sense, is the belief that at least one deity exists. In a more specific sense, theism refers to a doctrine concerning the nature of a monotheistic God and God's relationship to the universe. Theism, in this specific sense, conceives of God as pe ealed religion, religious authority or holy books.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism[/b]
    =======================================
    Deism in the philosophy of religion is the standpoint that reason and observation of the natural world, without the need for organized religion,
    ==============================================

I think making a dichotomy between Deism and organized religion is a false dichotomy.

Ie. All Theists need "organized religion". Says who ?

And based on the first post of Mr. Booth, it sounds like theism to me:

"I believe there is a God.

I can't prove He (She/It) exists. "

Maybe further down in the conversation he said something more reminiscient of Deism.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree