1. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 19:49
    Originally posted by sonship
    I think Jesus saves. I think Jesus Himself IS salvation.

If I drop that belief and pick up your philosophy what does it offer me?
    You're like a bloomin' politician. Never a direct answer to a direct question.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 21:30
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    You're like a bloomin' politician. Never a direct answer to a direct question.
    Perhaps if you strap him to a chair and shine a light in his face you may get better results. Who can say?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 21:38

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 22:11
    Okay, I'll say a little about eternal punishment. Just a little.

This is my personal position on this dreadful matter.

Eternal punishment only makes sense if God is perfect.
    Eternal punishment does not make sense if God is less just than His creatures. It makes no sense of God if faulty or capable of wrong doing.

Eternal punishment perhaps m ...[text shortened]... that in Jesus Christ God Himself went [b]so far
    that we would be reconciled to God.[/b]

And all your cronies here lap up this twisted nonsense and attack me for calling you on it. Incredible.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 00:111 edit
    Okay, I'll say a little about eternal punishment. Just a little.

This is my personal position on this dreadful matter.

Eternal punishment does not make sense if God is less just than His creatures. It makes no sense of God if faulty or capable of wrong doing.

Eternal punishment perhaps m ...[text shortened]... that in Jesus Christ God Himself went [b]so far
    that we would be reconciled to God.[/b]
    I get that the torture of people for thoughtcrimes ~ for eternity ~ is OK in your mind and that you describe it as "perfect" and "Righteousness", "Goodness", "Love" and "Justice" etc. I even note that you capitalize some of the words, presumably to add weight to them. But I was rather hoping you'd explain how you can claim it has any moral coherence. That you assert it is, in your personal view, "perfect" and make this assertion over and over again at length is not enough.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 08:16
    I doubt that Duchess has created this thread to talk about eternal punishment, so if you all don't mind too terribly much, could you take this to one of the other two billion threads about it please?
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 08:30
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    This is an interesting and different thread. Thanks for posting it. I had hoped that the men could perhaps give another angle to the conversation, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

I respect this woman's decision as a public commitment of her faith. It's definitely not for everyone and I'm not surprised there are only 230 'consecrated virgins' in the US. But I'm glad that there are still women in America who are serious about their faith to this degree.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 09:24
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I doubt that Duchess has created this thread to talk about eternal punishment, so if you all don't mind too terribly much, could you take this to one of the other two billion threads about it please?
    sonship opened the topic of eternal punishment so why don't you address him directly?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 09:28
    I had hoped that the men could perhaps give another angle to the conversation, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.
    Here's another angle for you:

Some women have the propensity to emotionalise Christian spirituality to the point of confusing the masculinity of the the revealed God, with the call to his "bride", which is the entire church. This misnomer makes trite of the dynamic between Christ and his bride; it is a gross error which only women fall into.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 10:24
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Here's another angle for you:

Some women have the propensity to emotionalise Christian spirituality to the point of confusing the masculinity of the the revealed God, with the call to his "bride", which is the entire church. This misnomer makes trite of the dynamic between Christ and his bride; it is a gross error which only women fall into.
    Yes.

Some women.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 10:33
    Yes.

Some women.
    Hmm. I spoke my truth but with the cheeky intent of pressing one of your buttons. Credit for your "balance" 🙂
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 10:341 edit
    No doubt the "duchess" will view my comments as pathological lies and with absolute disdain.😵
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 13:123 edits
    [b]Eternal punishment only makes sense if God is perfect.

And all your cronies here lap up this twisted nonsense and attack me for calling you on it. Incredible.[/b]
    And all your cronies here lap up this twisted nonsense and attack me for calling you on it. Incredible.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not have "cronies" on this Forum. I do have some brothers and sisters in Christ. And by a long shot, they don't always agree with everything I write.

The closest poster I know to my views on this Forum is brother kevinlee from the Philippines. And even he has corrected or rebuked me in PM and in public.

So I have no "cronies" sir.

Now I am going to look above at a few comments and see if any response I would have could kind of relate discussion to the subject of this thread on marrying Jesus.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 13:20
    I do not have "cronies" on this Forum. I do have some brothers and sisters in Christ. And by a long shot, they don't always agree with everything I write.
    You have them whether you want them or not. They are those posters who may well be your "bothers and sisters in Christ", and who may very well disagree with you, but who nonetheless will not do so because of their cronyism. You may not like my words but they are the truth as I see it.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 13:281 edit
    You have them whether you want them or not. They are those posters who may well be your "bothers and sisters in Christ", and who may very well disagree with you, but who nonetheless will not do so because of their cronyism. You may not like my words but they are the truth as I see it.
    Its irrelevant really, to the truth as taught in the Word of God.

Okay, say I have cronies. Say I have real friendly cronies.
    Let's see if it changes anything:

" For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that everyone who believes into Him may not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)

Doesn't seem to change anything. Does it?

Now let's say I have NO cronies. Let's say every poster on this Forum can't stand my presence and participation here.

Let's see what effect is has.

" For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that everyone who believes into Him may not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)

Hmmm. No change, It seems to have no effect on John 3:16 whether I have cronies or not. Herein is the main thing. No?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree