Moves
    18 Aug '15 19:041 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Aug '15 19:14
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Chastity is very undervalued in western culture.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Aug '15 19:362 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 04:08
    Everyone who is saved eventually will together be the corporate Bride of Christ. See Revelation 21 and 22.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 04:42
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Isn't this a normal theolgical mind-set with catholic nuns?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 04:45
    Originally posted by sonship
    Everyone who is saved eventually will together be the corporate Bride of Christ.
    Do you believe that people who sincerely and seriously think that they will eventually "together be the corporate Bride of Christ" will therefore be saved?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 04:532 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you believe that people who sincerely and seriously [b]think that they will eventually "together be the corporate Bride of Christ" will therefore be saved?[/b]
    I never met any such people who were not believers. Is this a question to get me all sectarianized?

Is this a question designed to get me to slam the door of salvation close on other people?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 05:03
    I never met any such people. Is this a question to get me all sectarianized?

Is this a question designed to get me to slam the door of salvation close on other people?
    No. Not at all. You have blurted out a response rather than consider what I asked. What I am getting at is: what more than merely thinking certain things about oneself, about Jesus, and about "God", according to you, is necessary for one [a Christian that is] to be "saved" and to become immortal?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 05:122 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    No. Not at all. You have blurted out a response rather than consider what I asked. What I am getting at is: what more than merely [b]thinking certain things about oneself, about Jesus, and about "God", according to you, is necessary for one [a Christian that is] to be "saved" and to become immortal?[/b]
    Another late night "blurt out":
    I know pretty much what you're "getting at" in one way or another.

My edited post was:

I never met any such people who were not believers. Is this a question to get me all sectarianized?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 05:16
    Another late night "blurt out".
    I know pretty much what you're "getting at" in one way or another.
    So? In your mind, a Christian just has to think certain things about him/herself, and about what Jesus "means" and represents, and about the nature of "God", and he or she can be "saved" and become immortal, right?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 05:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    So? In your mind, a Christian just has to [b]think certain things about him/herself, and about what Jesus "means" and represents, and about the nature of "God", and he or she can be "saved" and become immortal, right?[/b]
    I think Jesus saves. I think Jesus Himself IS salvation.

If I drop that belief and pick up your philosophy what does it offer me?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 05:301 edit
    If I drop that belief and pick up your philosophy what does it offer me?
    I am asking you to explain your philosophy, sonship, and I am not asking you to adopt mine.

sonship: I think Jesus saves. I think Jesus Himself IS salvation.

If you think these things, you can be immortal ~ live on after death ~ right? That is your message?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 05:321 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am asking you to explain your philosophy, sonship, and I am not asking you to adopt mine.

[b]I think Jesus saves. I think Jesus Himself IS salvation.

If you think these things, you can be immortal ~ live on after death ~ right? That is your message?[/b]
    I'm asking you to tell me what advantages your philosophy has over my relationship with Christ. In the last 8 hours I have enjoyed Christ. Had I spent those last hours committed to your philosophy what would it have done for me ?

Immortality can wait. What about today - the last 8 hours?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 05:351 edit
    I'm asking you to tell me what advantages your philosophy has over my relationship with Christ. In the last 8 hours I have enjoyed Christ. Had I spent those last hours committed to your philosophy what would it have done for me ?

Immortality can wait. What about today - the last 8 hours?
    This is not an answer to my question. I am not claiming that my philosophy has any advantage over yours for you. Asking me this is merely evasion. I am scrutinizing claims you have made here in public. Is there more to your claims about "salvation" and "immortality" than believers simply having to think certain things?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 05:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am not claiming that my philosophy has any advantage over yours for you.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's too bad. Good night.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree