1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 19:19
    Originally posted by josephw
    Interesting question. Seems everyone is lying about me. Take yourself for example. You say I'm religious. That's a lie. You say I worship a "God figure". That's a lie too.

In fact, most of what's posted in this forum is a lie. If it's not according to the truth, it's a lie.

The biggest lie of all, that many promulgate here, is that there's no God at all.
    You are religious, and you worship a god. I don't care why you would want to deny those simple facts. That you deny them just makes my decision even easier.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 23:41
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Dude you married a sister! you are half Holy! half a brother! that's awesome! 😀
    My sister married a jw and had 2 kids. I can say for sure that him neing a jw was the major factor in their breaking up.
    (Like when he tried to control who my sister could accosiate with,etc. )
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 12:24
    Originally posted by apathist
    You are religious, and you worship a god. I don't care why you would want to deny those simple facts. That you deny them just makes my decision even easier.
    apathist, would it really hurt all that much for you to learn something new about the difference between religion and faith?

Your definition of religion doesn't match the truth in relation to my practice of faith. I don't really expect you to understand, but I'll keep trying to explain it to you just the same.

Religion is - the effort of man, based on a system of observances of rites, rituals and practices, that is intended to establish a relationship with God.

In other words, religion is man's attempt to please God on his own terms.

Do you understand what I'm saying?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 12:25
    apathist, would it really hurt all that much for you to learn something new about the difference between religion and faith?

Your definition of religion doesn't match the truth in relation to my practice of faith. I don't really expect you to understand, but I'll keep trying to explain it to you just the same.

Religion is - the effort of man, based on ...[text shortened]... religion is man's attempt to please God on his own terms.

Do you understand what I'm saying?
    Christianity is a religion.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 12:40
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    hehe still give my warmest Christian regards to our sister! She must be a gem of a lady!
    I'll pass that along robbie.

Indeed my wife is a gem of a lady. Kind and patient. Devoted to her children. Why she married a slug like me I'll never know. Maybe because she knows how much I love her. We're polar opposites in so many ways.

BUT, why you call my wife a sister is beyond me. She was never a Jehovah's Witness, and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but the fact of the matter is she never knew her biological father.

Although I know my wife would dearly love to get to know him.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 12:42
    I'll pass that along robbie.

Indeed my wife is a gem of a lady. Kind and patient. Devoted to her children. Why she married a slug like me I'll never know. Maybe because she knows how much I love her. We're polar opposites in so many ways.

BUT, why you call my wife a sister is beyond me. She was never a Jehovah's Witness, and I don't want to hurt anyon ...[text shortened]... ver knew her biological father.

Although I know my wife would dearly love to get to know him.
    Aha .. the story unfolds... 🙂 Keep talking.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 12:48
    Originally posted by FMF
    Christianity is a religion.
    In many ways. Man has a way of turning even God to his own purposes.

But it's not God's purpose that man be religious. As I told apathist, religion is what man does on his own terms to establish a relationship with his maker, but that's a false way.

A relationship with God is established by God on His terms, and it's not based on any religious observances.

As difficult as that idea is for you to accept, nevertheless it's true.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 13:02
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Aha .. the story unfolds... 🙂 Keep talking.
    There's no "story" Rajk. Please don't tell me you're one of those people with a morbid curiosity about the news reported in the tabloids.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 13:08
    In many ways. Man has a way of turning even God to his own purposes.

But it's not God's purpose that man be religious. As I told apathist, religion is what man does on his own terms to establish a relationship with his maker, but that's a false way.

A relationship with God is established by God on His terms, and it's not based on any religious observances.

As difficult as that idea is for you to accept, nevertheless it's true.
    Christianity is a religion. You are a Christian. You are a religious person. I know you are trying to achieve some kind of rhetorical/ideological 'trick' by distorting the actual and conventional meaning of English language words (it's nothing new), but you should just save it for preaching to the credulous choir rather than trotting it out in a community populated by people who are not all from your religion and who are fluent users of English.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 13:09
    There's no "story" Rajk. Please don't tell me you're one of those people with a morbid curiosity about the news reported in the tabloids.
    So, is roigam lying? At the moment, I assume he is being truthful. Is it an error to believe he is telling the truth?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 13:15
    Tabloids? This is a chess website, chat forum among chess players. Im not interested in celebrities, only in people I associate with. If you are a celebrity let me know.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 13:171 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    So, is roigam lying? At the moment, I assume he is being truthful. Is it an error to believe he is telling the truth?
    Plus, this has to be a first on RHP .. 😀 Cant let this pass unnoticed.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 13:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    Christianity is a religion. You are a Christian. You are a religious person. I know you are trying to achieve some kind of rhetorical/ideological 'trick' by distorting the actual and conventional meaning of English language words (it's nothing new), but you should just save it for preaching to the credulous choir rather than trotting it out in a community populated by people who are not all from your religion and who are fluent users of English.
    You can believe what you want. You're not a Christian, so you're not qualified to tell me about my faith.

I'm not religious. I don't practice or perform any religious activities that fall under the definition of what religion is.

I'll explain it again to you since you don't seem to be able to grasp the concept. Religion is a man made system of rites, rituals and practices designed to establish a relationship with God based on man's own efforts.

Faith is what is required to have a relationship with God based on God's terms.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 13:48
    You can believe what you want. You're not a Christian, so you're not qualified to tell me about my faith.
    I am not telling you about your faith. I am simply not allowing you to hijack the English language word "religion" and define it incorrectly in some kind of ideological sleight of rhetorical hand in order to create a supposedly linguistic-based contrast between your "religion" and other "religions". It matters not one whit whether I am a Christian in this endeavour.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 13:49
    I'm not religious. I don't practice or perform any religious activities that fall under the definition of what religion is.
    You believe in and worship a supernatural being that you believe has some sort of control over the world and humanity, so you are religious.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree