12 Feb '18 14:42
    I don't see radio waves.
    Tell me why I'm wrong.
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 15:231 edit
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Point is not seeing is not proof of non-existence.
    It can be proof of non-existence depending on the propositions. If one of them is "If (and only if) X exists it would be seen" then the conclusion that X does not exis,t because if is not seen, would be logically valid.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 15:31
    Originally posted by @js357
    It can be proof of non-existence depending on the propositions. If one of them is "If (and only if) X exists it would be seen" then the conclusion that X does not exis,t because if is not seen, would be logically valid.
    God is a Spirit but He was seen when He came to earth in bodily form some 2,000 years ago.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 16:16
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    But a deity (i.e. God) has been seen.

Worth noting is that God’s existence is not dependent upon anyone believing in Him; if everyone in the world were an atheist, God would still exist.

Nor is God’s character defined by human beings.
    Not addressed to you.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 16:431 edit
    God is a Spirit but He was seen when He came to earth in bodily form some 2,000 years ago.
    Don't worry about who was addressed and who wasn't. I benefited from the truth being written. Others did I too, I think.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 16:50
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Don't worry about who was addressed and who wasn't. I benefited from the [b]truth being written. Others did I think too.[/b]
    How is me not wanting to communicate directly with him any different from you not wanting to communicate with Rajk?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 17:03
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    How is me not wanting to communicate directly with him any different from you not wanting to communicate with Rajk?
    I don't get some of you guys. I really don't.

All you should care about is the TRUTH !
    Let everyone be a fink as long as you get what is TRUE.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 18:07
    Originally posted by @sonship
    I don't get some of you guys. I really don't.

All you should care about is the [b]TRUTH
    !
    Let everyone be a fink as long as you get what is TRUE.[/b]
    I think Rajk posts the truth.

You cool with that?
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 18:391 edit
    But a deity (i.e. God) has been seen.

Worth noting is that God’s existence is not dependent upon anyone believing in Him; if everyone in the world were an atheist, God would still exist.

Nor is God’s character defined by human beings.

That's your belief. The OP-title refers to apathist not seeing gods; it makes no reference to whether the God you know as Yahweh exists or does not exist or the specifically Christian belief that God was incarnated in bodily form about 2,000 years ago.

Apathist says he does not see gods. There is no contesting that statement. It's not a statement about God; it's a statement about what he sees or does not see. One might as well contest the statement that he does not see Mt. Everest or does not have a belly ache. It is no rebuttal to say, "But Everest really exists and is not defined by human beings" or "belly aches really exist."
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 21:17
    Not addressed to you.
    And...?

You’ve got your panties in a twist ‘cause I offered an answer to a question addressed to someone else?

What a delicate little buttercup you are!
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 21:19
    You seem to have no problem communicating with me on other threads, trollmaster.

Got the cramps from Aunt Flo visiting?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 21:20
    I think Rajk posts the truth.

You cool with that?
    An atheist thinks rajk posts the truth. Yeah, that makes sense.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 21:21
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    That's your belief. The OP-title refers to apathist not seeing gods; it makes no reference to whether the God you know as Yahweh exists or does not exist or the specifically Christian belief that God was incarnated in bodily form about 2,000 years ago.

Apathist says he does not see gods. There is no contesting that statement. It's not a statement about G ...[text shortened]... y, "But Everest really exists and is not defined by human beings" or "belly aches really exist."
    I’d hate to think the OP is that limited. What’s the point, then?
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 21:33
    And...?

You’ve got your panties in a twist ‘cause I offered an answer to a question addressed to someone else?

What a delicate little buttercup you are!
    Your answer was a nonsense.

Firstly you say that 'a deity (i.e. God) has been seen,' even though I was giving the example of an individual who had 'not' seen God. (You know, with his own eyes). Then you reason (poorly) that it is 'worth noting God’s existence is not dependent upon anyone believing in Him; if everyone in the world were an atheist, God would still exist.' - In truth, it wasn't worth noting that at all. Why is it not possible that everyone in the world was an atheist with good cause and that God 'doesn't exist?!

Why would God still exist?! Because a numpty like you says so?

And finally, you offer the gem 'nor is God’s character defined by human beings' when you know you are responding to an atheist who believes God's character is not only defined by human beings, He was invented by them.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 21:371 edit
    Your answer was a nonsense.

Firstly you say that 'a deity (i.e. God) has been seen,' even though I was giving the example of an individual who had 'not' seen God. (You know, with his own eyes). Then you reason (poorly) that it is 'worth noting God’s existence is not dependent upon anyone believing in Him; if everyone in the world were an atheist ...[text shortened]... heist who believes God's character is not only defined by human beings, He was invented by them.
    Believe it or not, my post was addressed to a broader audience than you.

I understand why you have trouble comprehending it, though. Your second paragraph in particular was an illogical word salad.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree