i don't see gods

i don't see gods

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
12 Feb 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
Believe it or not, my post was addressed to a broader audience than you.

I understand why you have trouble comprehending it, though. Your second paragraph in particular is a illogical word salad.
That's because most of it is quoting you. πŸ™„

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
That's because most of it is quoting you. πŸ™„
Actually, most of it is your response to what I posted, and the big mistake you made was in assuming I was writing to you.

Über-Nerd

Moves
12 Feb 18

I’d hate to think the OP is that limited. What’s the point, then?
The point is that apathist made an opening remark of a very general nature ("not seeing gods" ), and you, among others, immediately interpret it in a narrowly Christian context, capitalizing "God" and talking about the incarnation of 2,000 years ago as if that were the only epiphany that was ever reported. The pagan traditions are full of epiphanies, thousands of years older than the Christian incarnation-story.

People have seen gods for tens of thousands of years, in every culture and on every continent. People have seen gods in rivers and stags and lightning storms and burning bushes and eclipses and dreams and goats' entrails for as long as history records anything at all. Doesn't that strike you? It apparently strikes apathist, who does not see gods anywhere, and so he wonders, 'is there something wrong with me (if I don't see what so many others seem to)?' It's an entirely fair question.

It is a question of seeing, so your statement that 'A deity has been seen, God is a Spirit who came to Earth 2,000 years ago' doesn't address the question whether there is something wrong with apathist that he doesn't see it that way. No more so than the claim that Rigvedic gods or Ahura Madza or Quetzalcoatl came to Earth would answer the question, why some people don't see it that way.

At least two good solid answers have been offered in the discussion so far: a) "there's nothing wrong with you (if you don't see gods)," and b) "a man sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest."

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 18

Originally posted by @moonbus
The point is that apathist made an opening remark of a very general nature ("not seeing gods" ), and you, among others, immediately interpret it in a narrowly Christian context, capitalizing "God" and talking about the incarnation of 2,000 years ago as if that were the only epiphany that was ever reported. The pagan traditions are full of epiphanies, thousa ...[text shortened]... you (if you don't see gods)," and b) "a man sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest."
Appreciate the elaboration.

This is the paragraph that post was in reply to:

Apathist says he does not see gods. There is no contesting that statement. It's not a statement about God; it's a statement about what he sees or does not see. One might as well contest the statement that he does not see Mt. Everest or does not have a belly ache. It is no rebuttal to say, "But Everest really exists and is not defined by human beings" or "belly aches really exist."

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 18

<<People have seen gods for tens of thousands of years, in every culture and on every continent. People have seen gods in rivers and stags and lightning storms and burning bushes and eclipses and dreams and goats' entrails for as long as history records anything at all. Doesn't that strike you?>>

To be honest, it strikes me as nonsense. You’re identifying all the apparitions or phenomena (for lack of better words) these people saw throughout history as gods?

On what basis? Their say-so?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
I think Rajk posts the truth.

You cool with that?
You can get some truth from him.
You'll probably have to do some sifting eventually to separate it from errors.

You cool with that?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
12 Feb 18

Originally posted by @moonbus
You don't see your own brain either, for that matter. Doesn't prove doodly squat.
it does however show some aspects of God

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
12 Feb 18

Originally posted by @philokalia
You're not.
copycat from Ballarat went to school and got the strap πŸ™‚

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
12 Feb 18

Originally posted by @sonship
Don't worry about who was addressed and who wasn't. I benefited from the [b]truth being written. Others did I too, I think.[/b]
you should live it bro. it'll change your life for the better

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
12 Feb 18

Originally posted by @sonship
I don't get some of you guys. I really don't.

All you should care about is the [b]TRUTH
!
Let everyone be a fink as long as you get what is TRUE.[/b]
Thats all I ever say . the truth. but do you have ears to hear?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
12 Feb 18

Believe it or not, my post was addressed to a broader audience than you.

I understand why you have trouble comprehending it, though. Your second paragraph in particular was an illogical word salad.
wider audience? you mean sonship and suzianne? psst: they dont give a rats arse about you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Feb 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
wider audience? you mean sonship and suzianne? psst: they dont give a rats arse about you.
Wider audience meaning participants and readers of the thread. I didn’t think that required an explanation.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Feb 18

Thats all I ever say . the truth. but do you have ears to hear?
Do you?

“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

(John 14:6)

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
13 Feb 18
1 edit

Do you?

“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

(John 14:6)
Hallelujah!! His way was exempalary and beyond scope. Perfect , one may say, but I'm not comparing my life to his, I'm living my own life.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Feb 18

Hallelujah!! His way was exempalary and beyond scope. Perfect , one may say, but I'm not comparing my life to his, I'm living my own life.
So am I. I know better than to compare my life to His and it’s really pointless to compare one’s life to anybody else’s. No good comes if it, which is why I think coveting is a sin