1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    11 Mar '11 12:26
    None of us know jack about the nature and possibility of God, but everyone seems to be an expert on the subject. The ego can be a blinding thing.
  2. England
    Moves
    11 Mar '11 14:06
    Originally posted by buckky
    None of us know jack about the nature and possibility of God, but everyone seems to be an expert on the subject. The ego can be a blinding thing.
    what we know is jack about god .but we have is the scriptures for us to learn.
    he wont judge us on the things in heaven as they are hidden.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Mar '11 15:231 edit
    Well no one can be an expert on God because the bible says at:

Isaiah 55:8 (New International Version, ©2011)

8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,”
    declares the LORD.

So if one says they know God completely, they are wrong as we can never know even a small amount of what he knows. Just look at our universe and all that's in it. Or...just the mysteries of our own brain and how complex it is.
    But we can know his personality, morals, what makes him happy and what makes him sad. Genesis says we're made in his image, so this can be seen in human personalities as we have those same traits.
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    11 Mar '11 16:16
    I agree with you. No one can know anything about the nature and possibility of god. There is, therefore, absolutely no reason to assume that a god exists and no acceptable grounds for adopting a theistic outlook. Atheism is the default position one should logically adopt.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '11 16:41
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I agree with you. No one can know anything about the nature and possibility of god. There is, therefore, absolutely no reason to assume that a god exists and no acceptable grounds for adopting a theistic outlook. Atheism is the default position one should logically adopt.
    what should the default position on whether your wife loves you or not be?
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Mar '11 16:54
    Part of the conditioning that the person under illusion suffers is........."that as I think, the whole world thinks".

This is false ego run amok at its highest possible degree.

The conditioned mind will think..........I know nothing of God, and since I am the centre of the universe then no one else knows anything of God.

Of course the person who says that there is no God is not qualified to understand God, because they have not prepared themselves to gain this understanding.......just like a lay person who picks up a sheet of music will understand nothing of its contents for they have not qualified themselves to read music.

Persons who have not qualified themselves to understand the spiritual life, display amazing amounts of ignorance simply by opening their mouths and commenting about the spiritual.

The whole world is under illusion and to break this illusion there is a spiritual process presented by Vedanta.

Because persons have no interest in their spiritual nature, they do not desire to apply this purifying process of spiritual understanding to break the illusion of this world, and from that conditioned platform they will believe that their ignorant comments have value.

Ironically even if someone is just an average person of no spiritual background or understanding..........if they are truthful and genuine, they can see clearly a world of design and functionality (not the opposite)

Everywhere one looks, there are evidences of intelligent design and cause....but the foolish person will untruthfully say they do not see this.

They have the madness disease of atheism, and will defend all manner of absurdity to deny the undeniable.

If there is a process to raise the consciousness to the spiritual platform, then why do they reject it.......yes indeed why?

Many of these atheists are of science background, but to reject the means to an end is not even scientific.........but anti scientific, so why do they reject scientific approach when it comes to the spiritual understanding.

They are informed that to understand the spiritual that they must become qualified by applying the process, but they will not do this and then say ignorantly that there is no God...........its just like the person who says they will not take lessons in the understanding of reading music, and then say no one can read music because they cant.

They certainly are mad with the disease of atheism.
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Mar '11 16:56
    Originally posted by rwingett
    You have it back the front...........there is absolutely no reason to say God does not exist, and there is more evidences towards God than not.
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    11 Mar '11 16:59
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    what should the default position on whether your wife loves you or not be?
    Irrelevant.
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    11 Mar '11 16:59
    Originally posted by Dasa
    You have it back the front...........there is absolutely no reason to say God does not exist, and there is more evidences towards God than not.
    Sez you.
  10. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    11 Mar '11 17:14
    Originally posted by stoker
    what we know is jack about god .but we have is the scriptures for us to learn.
    he wont judge us on the things in heaven as they are hidden.
    The Scriptures have been the trouble with trying to find the Truth. How many different demoninations are there ? How many different religious books are out there all claiming to have the full Truth ? You go to this church, and I go to another and we both dissagree on certain points of Scripture. In my oppinion Holy Books cripple the forward evolution of spiritual thought. They turn everything into a museum piece, and freeze out new ideas on the subject.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Mar '11 17:431 edit
    I think it a mistake to say that you cannot know truth simply because you are incapable of knowing truth in its entirety. Is it possible for God to give people revelations including yourself regarding to what the truth is? Why not?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '11 17:50
    Part of the conditioning that the person under illusion suffers is........."that as I think, the whole world thinks".

This is false ego run amok at its highest possible degree.
    Do you think there is anybody on this forum who knows more about God than you? If you think there might be, who are they or who is it?
  13. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    11 Mar '11 18:40
    The Scriptures have been the trouble with trying to find the Truth. How many different demoninations are there ? How many different religious books are out there all claiming to have the full Truth ? You go to this church, and I go to another and we both dissagree on certain points of Scripture. In my oppinion Holy Books cripple the forward evolution of spiritual thought. They turn everything into a museum piece, and freeze out new ideas on the subject.
    Steady on Buckky, you can't seriously expect these people to accept a reasonable and rational argument!
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Mar '11 23:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you think there is anybody on this forum who knows more about God than you? If you think there might be, who are they or who is it?
    The only persons in this world that know anything of the truth of God, are those persons who are subscribing to the teachings of Vedanta....why?

Because Vedanta is presented by the Personality of Godhead and are the eternal teachings of the the spiritual life presenting perfect knowledge of God and the living being, without error........and they are not some recently invented religious system.

All other religious systems a recent invention by mundane persons, and are fabricated and contain falsity and error.

How can a recently invented religion system presenting error, raise the consciousness of the initiate to the the platform of love of God............it cannot.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Mar '11 01:50
    The only persons in this world that know anything of the truth of God, are those persons who are subscribing to the teachings of Vedanta....why?

Because Vedanta is presented by the Personality of Godhead and are the eternal teachings of the the spiritual life presenting perfect knowledge of God and the living being, without error........and they are not some ...[text shortened]... raise the consciousness of the initiate to the the platform of love of God............it cannot.
    fraud!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree