1. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    13 Mar '11 13:16
    Originally posted by buckky
    You are assuming that the Bible was inspired by God. What about the Koran ? What about the Veda's? What about the Book of Mormon ? What about the Teachings of the Buddha ? God apparently wrote a lot of different Books.
    The Vedas are said to be "Shruti"s i.e. "heard" or "revealed" scriptures. They have been inspired by God. Of course written by humans. All religious scriptures may said to be divine inspired-indeed all the things of beauty in this world created by humans have been inspired by a divine,supernatural spark within humans and not by some pill popped by a crazy. If God has expressed himself/herself/itself through different people does not mean that the fundamental things said in various scriptures are variance with each other.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Mar '11 13:53
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    The Vedas are said to be "Shruti"s i.e. "heard" or "revealed" scriptures. They have been inspired by God. Of course written by humans. All religious scriptures may said to be divine inspired-indeed all the things of beauty in this world created by humans have been inspired by a divine,supernatural spark within humans and not by some pill popped by a craz ...[text shortened]... mean that the fundamental things said in various scriptures are variance with each other.
    It actually has been shown there is a piece of the brain that engenders the religious feeling, one that can be forced to happen merely by placing a specially designed electromagnet at the right front of the brain.

People stimulated in this way invariably feel the presence of other people or spirits all around them in the testing room.

This is pretty powerful evidence the whole god experience is simply inside one's own head.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Mar '11 14:23
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It actually has been shown there is a piece of the brain that engenders the religious feeling, one that can be forced to happen merely by placing a specially designed electromagnet at the right front of the brain.

People stimulated in this way invariably feel the presence of other people or spirits all around them in the testing room.

This is pretty powerful evidence the whole god experience is simply inside one's own head.
    Lol, yeah, like the materialists have not already tried the religiosity gene and FAILED. I wonder if there is a base materialist gene, one that limits ones search for truth to unintelligent agencies.
  4. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    13 Mar '11 15:35
    Originally posted by sonhouse

Yes,God has been felt/realized by many by doing Dhyan and Dharana i.e. by concentrating the mind on any Mantra or holy chant and holding the mind there.Hindu way of Raj Yoga is the way to realize God by turning the mind inwards.
    To realize God you have 4 options separately or a mix of these 4options.i) by doing one's duty wholeheartedly without expectation of any fruit therefrom ii) to practice devotion of God i.e.yield yourself totally to God by body ,by mind,by speech iii) by searching for God by using tools of Knowledge iv) by practicing Raj Yoga as above.
    Our yogis and saints did not have any "specially designed" electromagnets to be held against the Third Eye or the Pineal Gland,though !
    When they had the Realization of God it was an incomparable and indescribable experience which changed their lives forever ! It was not confined to feeling people/spirits in their room!! Searching for God/Self Realization is no seance or calling up the hoaxes called spirits by using "mediums". There is no need to trivialize a very great search.If you don't accept it, leave it.
  5. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    13 Mar '11 15:38
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Lol, yeah, like the materialists have not already tried the religiosity gene and FAILED. I wonder if there is a base materialist gene, one that limits ones search for truth to unintelligent agencies.
    Yes ,Robbie, these people will fall to any depths to trivialize what is a tremendous life changing experience for many saints all over the World it was to have felt God.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Mar '11 02:21
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I agree with you. No one can know anything about the nature and possibility of god. There is, therefore, absolutely no reason to assume that a god exists and no acceptable grounds for adopting a theistic outlook. Atheism is the default position one should logically adopt.
    Atheism is the default position one should logically avoid.

"No one can know anything about the nature and possibility of god."

Why?
  7. England
    Moves
    14 Mar '11 10:32
    I'm saying there is no way to know what Jesus said, and did not say. Two thousand years ago is a long time ago to get the facts straight. Books seem to me to be a poor way to reveil the nature a reality of God. Many world religions are out there that also claim to have the correct Book. Christians only consider the Bible as the Real Book. It reminds me of the ...[text shortened]... man. The desire to be apart of the "True Religion" has caused much trouble troughout history.
    what i know is what we have. if you disagree with the statements you should say so. books are not the way to reveil the way of god, but they are a way of recording his message to the generations that follow. they are first given to the prophets in acts then recorded. the bible is a real basis from which you start not end. true religion causes much trouble ... only the cynical know this to be true but it is used by powers as a basis to get persons to fight for them. ie virgins awaiting your sacrifice. also go to war and your sins will be forgiven not just past but in future, [thats a pope one].
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Mar '11 13:301 edit
    You are assuming that the Bible was inspired by God. What about the Koran ? What about the Veda's? What about the Book of Mormon ? What about the Teachings of the Buddha ? God apparently wrote a lot of different Books.
    I do assume God was involved in the 66 different books of the Bible, I do not
    subscribe to the others you brought up here. I also believe in 20 dollar bills, and
    seeing one that is fake does not mean that there are no genuine 20's that are real.
    Kelly
  9. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    18 Mar '11 21:57
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I do assume God was involved in the 66 different books of the Bible, I do not
    subscribe to the others you brought up here. I also believe in 20 dollar bills, and
    seeing one that is fake does not mean that there are no genuine 20's that are real.
    Kelly
    So all other Holy Books out side the Bible are Fake ? How lucky you are to have found the correct Book when so many can't figure it out.
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    19 Mar '11 03:19
    I know more about the sweetness of Jesus today then I did yesterday!
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Mar '11 21:36
    Originally posted by mikelom
    You speak like you 'assume' there is such a thing as God and a Holy Spirit. Do you believe on spirits, and ghosts and goulies?

You speak like you 'know' a person called Jesus walked this planet as the son of a God, and the son of man, purely because some book says so.

Vampires exist, did you know? Because Bavarian books say so, so Q.E.D. - they do!

...[text shortened]... Potter.

I wonder how much the 'makers' and creationalists of the bible made? 😏

-m.
    You are forgetting that Christians have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. This means their information comes from more than just "a book".
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 01:16
    None of us know jack about the nature and possibility of God, but everyone seems to be an expert on the subject. The ego can be a blinding thing.
    What is the relationship between the title of this thread and your OP?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree