1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Mar '11 01:58
    Originally posted by buckky
    None of us know jack about the nature and possibility of God, but everyone seems to be an expert on the subject. The ego can be a blinding thing.
    So you say.
    Kelly
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '11 02:09
    Originally posted by Dasa
    The only persons in this world that know anything of the truth of God, are those persons who are subscribing to the teachings of Vedanta....why?

Because Vedanta is presented by the Personality of Godhead and are the eternal teachings of the the spiritual life presenting perfect knowledge of God and the living being, without error........and they are not some ...[text shortened]... raise the consciousness of the initiate to the the platform of love of God............it cannot.
    So you think there is nobody else on this forum who knows as much about God as you?
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Mar '11 10:08
    None of us know jack about the nature and possibility of God, but everyone seems to be an expert on the subject. The ego can be a blinding thing.
    Good on you buckky!!

This ones for you 😉
  4. England
    Moves
    12 Mar '11 10:21
    The Scriptures have been the trouble with trying to find the Truth. How many different demoninations are there ? How many different religious books are out there all claiming to have the full Truth ? You go to this church, and I go to another and we both dissagree on certain points of Scripture. In my oppinion Holy Books cripple the forward evolution of spiritual thought. They turn everything into a museum piece, and freeze out new ideas on the subject.
    the true scriptures are no trouble finding the truth.
    2] you mix up the practice of your faith [religon] and the way of god.. there are many books to read, then read as many as you can and learn for yourself that is how god wants us to do not be addicted to doctrine.
    3] they turn everything to museum pieces?? some thing from early mankind will be and should be there so we all can view them, not hidden away in some vault, as for freezeing out new ideas what a load of .... it helps the debate as to the way of its meaning from the time its written to the present and the future.
    or are you saying that the words jesus spoke and the words spoke to the early prophets have no meaning today??
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12 Mar '11 13:281 edit
    Don't say this. It is not true.

Some of us would be lying if we said that we knew nothing about God. Such false humilty would not be truthful.

The issue is one of timing. Someone knew more about God then I did at a certain time. Then at a certain time what they knew I also came to know. This is a timing matter. All do not get married at the same time. Some preceed others. Some follow others. Timing is nothing to boast in or to feel inferior about.

This is like passing a candle flame from one candle to another. One by one the other candles, if they are willing, also come to share in the flame. This is a matter of timing. There is nothing to feel proud about or inferior about.

Secondly, to say that we know something of God and have fellowship with God is by no means to say we know Him as well as we should. I know something of God. I do not know God nearly as deeply and as extensively as I should. But I know more of God then I once did.

Neither is it say that there is nothing more to know of God. Eternity will not be enough for us to enjoy all that God is and to know God. But we can get started.

God is eager to have a fellowship and communion with each of us. And in Christ He has made provision to remove the main obstacle which hinders that fellowship, our sins. The barrier is our sins. The wall is our sins. They must be cleansed away and forgiven through our believing into the Lord Jesus Christ.

Once you confess your need for the forgiveness in Christ and the redemption in His death there is no more barrier for a man to have fellowship with the Spirit of God.

Howard Higashi speaks on the gospel:

YouTube
  6. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    12 Mar '11 13:31
    Originally posted by stoker
    the true scriptures are no trouble finding the truth.
    2] you mix up the practice of your faith [religon] and the way of god.. there are many books to read, then read as many as you can and learn for yourself that is how god wants us to do not be addicted to doctrine.
    3] they turn everything to museum pieces?? some thing from early mankind will be and shou ...[text shortened]... ing that the words jesus spoke and the words spoke to the early prophets have no meaning today??
    I'm saying there is no way to know what Jesus said, and did not say. Two thousand years ago is a long time ago to get the facts straight. Books seem to me to be a poor way to reveil the nature a reality of God. Many world religions are out there that also claim to have the correct Book. Christians only consider the Bible as the Real Book. It reminds me of the KKK thinking only white people are truely human. The desire to be apart of the "True Religion" has caused much trouble troughout history.
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    12 Mar '11 13:50
    I'm saying there is no way to know what Jesus said, and did not say. Two thousand years ago is a long time ago to get the facts straight. Books seem to me to be a poor way to reveil the nature a reality of God. Many world religions are out there that also claim to have the correct Book. Christians only consider the Bible as the Real Book. It reminds me of the ...[text shortened]... man. The desire to be apart of the "True Religion" has caused much trouble troughout history.
    This is largely true. Especially once you consider that the gospels weren't written for some 40 to 70 years after Jesus' death. I think what Jesus said was altered dramatically during that time period. There are attempts to pare away the later revisions, but their attempts will always be conjectural.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Mar '11 14:13
    Originally posted by rwingett
    This is largely true. Especially once you consider that the gospels weren't written for some 40 to 70 years after Jesus' death. I think what Jesus said was altered dramatically during that time period. There are attempts to pare away the later revisions, but their attempts will always be conjectural.
    You speak like God has nothing to do with scripture, the Holy Spirit who was with
    the people of faith were there before, during, and after Jesus walked among us
    as a man.
    Kelly
  9. Wat?
    Moves
    12 Mar '11 14:34
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You speak like God has nothing to do with scripture, the Holy Spirit who was with
    as a man.
    Kelly
    You speak like you 'assume' there is such a thing as God and a Holy Spirit. Do you believe on spirits, and ghosts and goulies?

You speak like you 'know' a person called Jesus walked this planet as the son of a God, and the son of man, purely because some book says so.

Vampires exist, did you know? Because Bavarian books say so, so Q.E.D. - they do!

As I once posted a long time ago, and a previous poster in this thread, people create books to get a following and earn money - especially skilled talents such as J.K.Rowling, who is now one of the richest women in the world - thanks to he creation of Harry Potter.

I wonder how much the 'makers' and creationalists of the bible made? 😏

-m.
  10. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    12 Mar '11 15:19
    Please permit me to relate a metaphor spoken by Ramakrishna Paramahans in this regard.
    He says:- In the beginning of our search for God/Self Realization,we are like the people taking part in the village feast on the occasion of a marriage. Everybody talks a lot and very loudly too at the start of the feast.Thereafter,as the dishes appear one after another the talk starts sputtering out. By the end when the sweet yogurt is brought in and served, all one can hardly hear even the slurps. Similarly , the seeker after the Eternal Truth talks a lot in the beginning but Silence gets the better of him as he goes on realizing various aspects of the Truth till he falls silent fully engrossed in the Self Realization.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Mar '11 15:59
    Originally posted by mikelom
    You speak like you 'assume' there is such a thing as God and a Holy Spirit. Do you believe on spirits, and ghosts and goulies?

You speak like you 'know' a person called Jesus walked this planet as the son of a God, and the son of man, purely because some book says so.

Vampires exist, did you know? Because Bavarian books say so, so Q.E.D. - they do!

...[text shortened]... Potter.

I wonder how much the 'makers' and creationalists of the bible made? 😏

-m.
    That is the long and short of this isn't it? If God is real than those that reject Him
    have blinders on, they cannot and will not accept His hand in anything that may
    show Him as real. The Atheist will not acknowledge the possibility God had anything
    to do with creation or scripture because as soon as they even admit it looks like
    God may have a hand in either, they have to acknowledge evidence supporting
    God. It matters not if they accept God or the His handy work for God to be real,
    since anything being real or not does not depend upon human beliefs no matter
    how strong they are.
    Kelly
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Mar '11 18:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you think there is nobody else on this forum who knows as much about God as you?
    If persons are subscribing to teachings that present error and falsity......... then you can answer the question yourself.

Can they know and understand God in truth....what do you say?
  13. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    12 Mar '11 18:55
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    as a man.
    Kelly
    You are assuming that the Bible was inspired by God. What about the Koran ? What about the Veda's? What about the Book of Mormon ? What about the Teachings of the Buddha ? God apparently wrote a lot of different Books.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Mar '11 21:33
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    Please permit me to relate a metaphor spoken by Ramakrishna Paramahans in this regard.
    He says:- In the beginning of our search for God/Self Realization,we are like the people taking part in the village feast on the occasion of a marriage. Everybody talks a lot and very loudly too at the start of the feast.Thereafter,as the dishes appear one after anoth ...[text shortened]... izing various aspects of the Truth till he falls silent fully engrossed in the Self Realization.
  15. Wat?
    Moves
    13 Mar '11 13:06
    You are assuming that the Bible was inspired by God. What about the Koran ? What about the Veda's? What about the Book of Mormon ? What about the Teachings of the Buddha ? God apparently wrote a lot of different Books.
    He was a busy man, with lots of publishing companies. Fair play to him! 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree