1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    21 May '06 14:353 edits
    This has to be one of the most entertaining documentaries I've ever seen. I learned many new facts about history, and found out that much of what I thought I knew was wrong.

For example, did you know that Jesus was married and had children? I didn't, but it was a recurring theme in the movie. Every time a relevant scene was on, the subtitle "THIS IS ACTUALLY TRUE IN THE REAL WORLD!" flashed in large red letters at the bottom of the screen. Not that it was necessary, as the first five minutes of the film was a single still frame that said, "FACT! EVERYTHING THAT FOLLOWS IS FACT! THIS IS NOT A WORK OF FICTION! IT IS A TRUE STORY!"

I learned many new things about Catholics as well. Many are sinister, plotting murderers who beat themselves and wear torture devices on their legs. I know this is true, because these scenes were accompanied with the subtitle, "CAN YOU BELIEVE CATHOLICS ACTUALLY DO THIS CRAP? WELL, THEY DO!"

Finally, the documentary was very successful in conveying that the French say Merde! with great frequency.

All in all, an informative and educational film. I'd recommend it for those who want to catch up on the latest historical discoveries. I give it one big Buddy Jesus thumbs up.

Dr. S
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    21 May '06 18:37
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    This has to be one of the most entertaining documentaries I've ever seen. I learned many new facts about history, and found out that much of what I thought I knew was wrong.

For example, did you know that Jesus was married and had children? I didn't, but it was a recurring theme in the movie. Every time a relevant scene was on, the subtitle "TH ...[text shortened]... n the latest historical discoveries. I give it one big Buddy Jesus thumbs up.

Dr. S
    How will RBHill fare with it? I imagine he will be torn between hating the part of Jesus having children and feeling vindicated about what bad people Catholics are.
  3. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    22 May '06 00:42

For example, did you know that Jesus was married and had children? I didn't, but it was a recurring theme in the movie. Every time a relevant scene was on, the subtitle "TH ...[text shortened]... n the latest historical discoveries. I give it one big Buddy Jesus thumbs up.

Dr. S
    Who knew all albinos were evil? Thanks Da Vinci Code-Umentary!
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    22 May '06 02:15
    I had to push past the line of brainless protesters fronting the theater, but I saw the documentary. Having known for some time about the undeniable truths contained therein, I was basically just going to see my gal, Audrey. However, for those highly impressionable young minds who are not even old enough to read Brown's fabulous work of rigorous historicity, I recommend the documentary as a wonderful learning experience -- it's a must-see. Additionally, it is good for these youngsters to cultivate a healthy fear of Catholic priests -- and, yes, a healthy fear of albinos, too.
  5. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    22 May '06 07:53

Dr. S
    Dr. BS
  6. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    22 May '06 08:26
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Dr. BS
    See a doctor: you're lacking in irony.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    22 May '06 21:41

Dr. S
    I have not seen the movie yet. I will probably what till I can rent it maybe.

But did you know Mother Teresa had one of those things on her leg ever day for 2 hrs. I guess that is where they get Faith plus Tradition to get to heaven.
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    22 May '06 21:42
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    How will RBHill fare with it? I imagine he will be torn between hating the part of Jesus having children and feeling vindicated about what bad people Catholics are.
    Well I know that you call yourself a so called Christian.
    What is your take on it?
  9. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    22 May '06 21:44
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I guess that is where they get Faith plus Tradition to get to heaven.
    Yeah, haha. Those wacky Catholics, eh? It doesn't take a genious to see that all you need is Faith Alone.
  10. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    22 May '06 22:21

Dr. S
    Did you pick up on the pattern in the dialogue whereby listening to a certain sequence of syllables alone, according to one of two possible keys given to viewers by God through regular prayer, study and altar boy duty, will tell you whether or not you're descended from Jesus?
  11. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    22 May '06 23:123 edits
    Originally posted by royalchicken
    Did you pick up on the pattern in the dialogue whereby listening to a certain sequence of syllables alone, according to one of two possible keys given to viewers by God through regular prayer, study and altar boy duty, will tell you whether or not you're descended from Jesus?
    No! I must have been so captivated by the reenactments of real world events, such as that famous backwards car chase on the Champs-Elysees and the unforgettable discovery of the dead curator at the Louvre, that I didn't even realize the dialogue was in code. Did they speak in code in real life, or did the producers take artistic license with their words during the dramatizations?
  12. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    22 May '06 23:17
    No! I must have been so captivated by the reenactments of real world events, such as that famous backwards car chase on the Champs-Elysees, that I didn't even realize the dialogue was in code. Did they speak in code in real life, or did the producers take artistic license with their words during the dramatizations?
    Based on your review, I'd assume the code is real. I think that the Bible, when read properly, gives each reader the key they need to decipher the code in the film. Sincethe code in the reading depends on the individual reader and will be unnoticed by those who know Scripture through some intermediary, it's only natural that the Catholic church would be opposed to the film.
  13. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    22 May '06 23:271 edit
    Originally posted by royalchicken
    Based on your review, I'd assume the code is real. I think that the Bible, when read properly, gives each reader the key they need to decipher the code in the film. Sincethe code in the reading depends on the individual reader and will be unnoticed by those who know Scripture through some intermediary, it's only natural that the Catholic church would be opposed to the film.
    Wait a minute...

Are you talking about all that sanctum rectum, lei dei mumbo jumbo? That was just Latin!

Since nobody speak Latin these days, it serves fine as a code when OD communicates their murderous plans by cell phone. I think the reason they are upset about the film is that now they'll have to learn a new obscure language to persist in their secret schemes, since anybody who has seen the documentary knows how they operate now.
  14. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    22 May '06 23:45
    Wait a minute...

Are you talking about all that sanctum rectum, lei dei mumbo jumbo? That was just Latin!

Since nobody speak Latin these days, it serves fine as a code when OD communicates their murderous plans by cell phone. I think the reason they are upset about the film is that now they'll have to learn a new obscure language to ...[text shortened]... in their secret schemes, since anybody who has seen the documentary knows how they operate now.
    Count me out; I haven't seen it, but I do have the advantage of not speaking Latin. I'd imagine understanding it decreases the signal-to-noise ratio if 'signal' is understood to mean the enciphered message.

Maybe the should just use standard English for their hidden messages.
  15. Standard memberDraxus
    Mr. Bombastic
    Ogden, Ut
    Moves
    23 May '06 00:20

Dr. S
    Sarcasm recieved and duly noted. I am a christian, but I'm not so crazy as to think that this is all some grand plot to stab at the Lord. Thanks for making me laugh.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree