1. London
    Moves
    23 May '06 17:05
    Originally posted by Churlant
    Half-hearted stabs at another person's vocabulary aren't exactly known as the better edge of valor pertaining to debate.

I have no trouble with such fanciful words as "eschatological". My response still stands, imagining you can pay for my own $5 with the change from your $10 attempt.

-JC
    Oh, were we having a debate? I thought we were just trying to come up with one-liners.

If you want to debate, make an argument first - witticisms don't count.
  2. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    23 May '06 17:15
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Oh, were we having a debate? I thought we were just trying to come up with one-liners.

If you want to debate, make an argument first - witticisms don't count.
    I'm not sure it's necessary. You are no doubt aware that an unmarried, 30-year-old, Torah observant Jew is very nearly a contradiction in terms.

Of course you will only point out that Jesus overcame such temptations for obvious reasons and that his celibacy is required for (fill in blank here).

I'm still uncertain that your faith trumps human nature. As far as the scoreboard goes, human nature gained a point when we nailed Christ to the cross and we haven't stopped to this day.

-JC
  3. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    23 May '06 17:30
    Not to mention a farcical significance in Christian doctrine.

-JC
    Isn't he great, folks?! Lets give him a hand. 😀
  4. London
    Moves
    25 May '06 12:011 edit
    I'm not sure it's necessary. You are no doubt aware that an unmarried, 30-year-old, Torah observant Jew is very nearly a contradiction in terms.

Of course you will only point out that Jesus overcame such temptations for obvious reasons and that his celibacy is required for (fill in blank here).

I'm still uncertain that your faith trumps human nature. ...[text shortened]... gained a point when we nailed Christ to the cross and we haven't stopped to this day.

-JC
    I'm not sure where all the faith vs. human nature stuff comes from.

I'm not saying that Jesus had no desire (and I'm not calling it a 'temptation' because that usually implies a temptation to sin) to marry at all - in fact, due to His human nature, I think that Jesus would very much have desired marriage, family life etc. However, He sacrificed that natural and good desire for an even greater cause.
  5. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    25 May '06 12:47
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    I think that Jesus would very much have desired marriage
    Eh? JC wanted to tap some ass! The dude was cooler than I thought!
  6. Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    26 May '06 06:07
    saw it... and, in short, i dont regret paying the 10 bucks. farfetched, but interesting nonetheless
  7. London
    Moves
    26 May '06 14:48
    Originally posted by lioyank
    saw it... and, in short, i dont regret paying the 10 bucks. farfetched, but interesting nonetheless
    Personally, it wasn't the worst movie I'd ever seen and, once you get past the first 2 hours or so, the pacing is okay. Since everyone pretty much knows the "Big Secret", the only things that really captured my attention were the puzzles themselves - but even there Langdon's (Hanks) near-eidetic memory made it look more like alchemy than analysis.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree