1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Oct '11 02:59
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    All that is subject to decay? (second law of thermodynamics)
    What's you point?

And why are you diverging from the topic?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Oct '11 05:13
    Originally posted by josephw
    What's you point?

And why are you diverging from the topic?
    It's on topic. I wanted to know what you meant by the terms "everything that has always existed". Since you have clarified.

It's just that "always existed" relates to the eternal and since "everything " is subject to decay how do you explain this apparent paradox? (I could explain it using the first law of thermodynamics, but I think you should work it out)
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Oct '11 06:051 edit
    that the existence of everything is evidence for a creator. The fact that everything that exists cannot be proven to have always existed, is reason to conclude that everything was created.

How is it reasonable to conclude that everything was created because it cannot be proven that everything has always existed?

Because the alternative would be based o has always existed, it is perfectly reasonable to conclude everything was created.

Critique
    The alternative is not based on an assumption and it is not the only alternative.
    The first law of thermodynamics states that energy cannot be destroyed, (this includes the energy contained in all things), it can only change. There is always a balance between the forces that play with matter. Nothin is ever unnaccounted for and all energy exchanges end up with the universe being exactly the same as to the amount of energy contained within it. ENERGY CANNOT BE DESTROYED, ONLY TRANSFORMED into a s different type of energy.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    03 Oct '11 09:12
    Irrational analogy.
    Not an analogy , just using the same "logic" (as yours) to demonstrate that it is manifestly wrong.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree