1. Standard memberreader1107
    petting the cat
    On Clique Beach
    Moves
    05 May '07 03:041 edit
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Something tells me you drive a Subaru Outback or something like that.
    nope
  2. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    05 May '07 03:14
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    God whats a child like faith.
    Yeah, not a childish faith. 😕
  3. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    05 May '07 03:32
    Now I have a 2003 GT Mustang, black.
    Do you think that this car choice reflects a Christ-centered life?

Nemesio
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 May '07 03:41
    God whats a child like faith.
    You tell'em RB!!
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    05 May '07 08:02
    Originally posted by Nemesio

Nemesio
    It has "be fruitful and multiply" all over it.
  6. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    05 May '07 08:181 edit
    WWJD? I bet Jesus wouldn't drive anything more ostentatious than a pair of sandals.

But yeah, RB, happy birthday 🙂.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    05 May '07 12:39
    Originally posted by ChronicLeaky
    WWJD? I bet Jesus wouldn't drive anything more ostentatious than a pair of sandals.

But yeah, RB, happy birthday 🙂.
    I got my car as a gift. All three. But on the Mustang I have to pay my parents $100 a month for the next 10 years. to pay it of for how much they got it for.
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    05 May '07 12:40
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    What could be more important than a car?
    To help you get from point A to point B.
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    05 May '07 12:42

Nemesio
    If I bring people to church in it, then it is being used for the glory of God. Like say bringing my wii to church for the Jr. High to play that would be bringing glory to God. Becasue one kid might someday accept Chrsist for coming to church to play the wii and then they hear the message and then if it is God's will they might cry out to Jesus to save them.
  10. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    05 May '07 13:10
    If I bring people to church in it, then it is being used for the glory of God. Like say bringing my wii to church for the Jr. High to play that would be bringing glory to God. Becasue one kid might someday accept Chrsist for coming to church to play the wii and then they hear the message and then if it is God's will they might cry out to Jesus to save them.
    You don't have to take that crap off of Nemesio. Ask him if the organ at Riverside Church in NYC reflects a Christ-centered life.
  11. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    05 May '07 14:06
    Yes, of course. But you don't need a Mustang to do that. In fact, some sort of ugly minivan would
    better enable you to take people to worship. That same car would enable you to drive extra food
    to the soup kitchen.

Further, a Mustang says 'look at me' or 'I'm hot stuff.' Christ teaches humility. How do you reconcile
    these views?

If a car is merely to get from A to B, why did you pick such a pimpmobile?

Nemesio
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    05 May '07 14:11
    Yes, of course. But you don't need a Mustang to do that. In fact, some sort of ugly minivan would
    better enable you to take people to worship. That same car would enable you to drive extra food
    to the soup kitchen.

Further, a Mustang says 'look at me' or 'I'm hot stuff.' Christ teaches humility. How do you reconcile
    these views?

If a car is merely to get from A to B, why did you pick such a pimpmobile?

Nemesio
    RBHill, pay no attention to him. He is the same kind of guy who like Judas would be telling Jesus the rich perfume could have been better spent on the poor.
  13. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    05 May '07 14:121 edit
    You don't have to take that crap off of Nemesio. Ask him if the organ at Riverside Church in NYC reflects a Christ-centered life.
    I will fully admit that such a monstrous instrument is utterly beyond the pale. Nobody needs 150
    ranks (or whatever it has) to play a service, lead a choir, or play literature. And I fully admit that
    such an instrument was built to appease the ego of an organist (Virgil Fox) not to the glory of God.
    But that's the instrument they have -- the bed they made, so to speak -- and that's what they have
    a duty to uphold. Getting rid of it or replacing it would cost even more money than refurbishing it.

But it's all moot: that Church is falling apart. I heard that the roof is leaking in multiple places and
    they don't have enough money to fix it because previous pastors blew the endowment. So, while I have
    heard that the instrument is having some significant problems, they pale next to the litany of problems
    that the church as a whole is having.

Nemesio
  14. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    05 May '07 14:13
    RBHill, pay no attention to him. He is the same kind of guy who like Judas would be telling Jesus the rich perfume could have been better spent on the poor.
    RBHILL is hardly Jesus. And the pimpmobile hardly anoints him for a sacrifice.
  15. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 May '07 14:281 edit
    I got my car as a gift. All three. But on the Mustang I have to pay my parents $100 a month for the next 10 years. to pay it of for how much they got it for.
    A 10-year repayment schedule for a gift? Your parents are loan sharks.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree