1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 13:312 edits
    I admit it. After reading about Jesus, his message and his example, I was hooked. Don't get me wrong, I tried to shake it. I told myself he is just another religious leader. I told myself that I can't prove he exists and never will be able to prove it, so why bother? But the hook had been implanted. Deep down I knew it to be true, deep down I craved more of his message, because only he had the words of life and hope that filled my inner void and turmoil.

I'm now a proud Jesus junkie! I've got track marks on my knees to prove it 😵

Anybody want to take a hit?
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 13:57
    Yes, you certainly do come across as someone who is full of life and especially hope. And happiness and contentment.

What are you hoping for, precisely?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 14:06
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I admit it. After reading about Jesus, his message and his example, I was hooked. Don't get me wrong, I tried to shake it. I told myself he is just another religious leader. I told myself that I can't prove he exists and never will be able to prove it, so why bother? But the hook had been implanted. Deep down I knew it to be true, deep down I craved mo ...[text shortened]... s message, because only he had the words of life and hope that filled my inner void and turmoil.
    I was hooked too. That was the point of my OP on the thread about it. It's a pity you didn't contribute properly to that thread and preferred to just do something facetious like this instead, again. You've always been very poor at entering into genuine discourse with people who have different beliefs from you. It's a pity.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 14:19
    I admit it. After reading about Jesus, his message and his example, I was hooked. Don't get me wrong, I tried to shake it. I told myself he is just another religious leader. I told myself that I can't prove he exists and never will be able to prove it, so why bother? But the hook had been implanted. Deep down I knew it to be true, deep down I craved mo ...[text shortened]... Jesus junkie! I've got track marks on my knees to prove it 😵

Anybody want to take a hit?
    I dislike the word forced, but the Love of God hooked me.

His grace for my guilt, His beauty for my ashes, the fulfillment of my soul at a touch of His
    presence, my feet on solid ground instead of the endless searching for something I could
    not define.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 14:23
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    I used the word "forced" in quotation marks in my OP deliberately for rhetorical effect. Did you not cotton on to that? It basically meant 'I was hooked by it'. Did you not realize? Even with it appearing in quotation marks like that?
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 17:18
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I was hooked too. That was the point of my OP on the thread about it. It's a pity you didn't contribute properly to that thread and preferred to just do something facetious like this instead, again. You've always been very poor at entering into genuine discourse with people who have different beliefs from you. It's a pity.
    What was it exactly that hooked you?
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 17:37
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    You really have it in for ex-Christians, don't you?

Atheists you can brush off by saying they are living in ignorance and don't know what they are rejecting, but someone who does have a Christian faith but then walks away from it is something you just can't tolerate or comprehend. - Perhaps you fear it highlights the cracks in your own faith?
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 17:482 edits
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke

Atheists you can brush off by saying they are living in ignorance and don't know what they are rejecting, but someone who does have a Christian faith but then walks away from it is something you just can't tolerate or comprehend. - Perhaps you fear it highlights the cracks in your own faith?
    The Bible predicts that some will forsake the faith, nothing strange about that. I have no fear whatsoever, merely curious if he forsook the real deal or not. Do you find that my questions are a little too probing for your liking?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 18:24

Anyone can claim they have or had the Christian faith, anyone can claim they were a war
    hero too, claims are worthless if not true. So someone tells me they had Jesus Christ in
    their lives, He was their Lord and Savior yet never actually knew the Lord, that is like
    saying they were a war hero who never saw a battle in war. Without God actually in your
    life, you are just some guy making a claim about an experience you never had.
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 19:18
    The Bible predicts that some will forsake the faith, nothing strange about that. I have no fear whatsoever, merely curious if he forsook the real deal or not. Do you find that my questions are a little too probing for your liking?
    I find them unnecessarily relentless.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 19:26
    I find them unnecessarily relentless.
    This is a spirituality forum after all, if you want people to stroke each others egos and beat about the bush you have come to the wrong place.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 22:472 edits
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I merely looked at it as your atheist testimony for which I had not interest in talking you out of. As for myself, I was giving my religious testimony.

No need to get all bent out of shape over it.

I'm happy, your happy, it's all good. 😵
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 22:48
    Originally posted by @kellyjay

His grace for my guilt, His beauty for my ashes, the fulfillment of my soul at a touch of His
    presence, my feet on solid ground instead of the endless searching for something I could
    not define.
    I like to think of it this way, home is where the heart is and once your heart finds it, home is all it longs for. Eventually you find your way.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 22:52
    I like to think of it this way, home is where the heart is and once your heart finds it, home is all it longs for. Eventually you find your way.
    Like that !
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 23:10
    The whole Jesus has saved me thing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree