1. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 01:281 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    So you join Dasa in thinking you are both honest and do not need a savior.
    Good luck with that. 😏
    what makes you think that having flaws requires a savior?
  2. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 01:30
    Originally posted by CalJust
    That was exactly my point...

For self-sufficient, arrogant man read pridefully ignorant buffoon

But why advertise it every time - yourself????

😕
    that's where the pride comes in 🙂
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 01:521 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You claim we are dishonest by seeing the data all fits an age of the Earth far older than you believe. I simply asked you to provide the evidence you want us to provide to make science infallible. Give us your scientific evidence that the Earth is only 6000 years old. I will refute it.
    YouTube

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c012.html

P.S.
    http://www.cs.unc.edu/~plaisted/ce/dating.html
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 14:47
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    what doofus pseudo-scientist doesn't tell you is that ice from different locations has different accumulation rates and this little tidbit is known by real scientists and they have ways of determining the approximate age (ice core dating is not an exact science and never claimed to be) of the ice.
    🙂 laughable that only those scientist that disagree with them are called names
    by them.
    Kelly
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 14:491 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No, actually there isn't. There is nothing inherent to time that makes longer time periods more prone to error than short time periods.
    Don't you believe time can change that it isn't constant under all conditions?
    Kelly
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 17:15
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Don't you believe time can change that it isn't constant under all conditions?
    Kelly
    Its all relative. And its not a belief, its a fact. One that I can not be wrong about. It is as factual as the fact that World War I took place. I have no way of directly witnessing either, but my GPS wouldn't work without one, and those films from World War I would have been pretty hard to fake.
    But I don't see how this is relevant to my claim.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 17:29
    Its all relative. And its not a belief, its a fact. One that I can not be wrong about. It is as factual as the fact that World War I took place. I have no way of directly witnessing either, but my GPS wouldn't work without one, and those films from World War I would have been pretty hard to fake.
    But I don't see how this is relevant to my claim.
    Maybe I misunderstand your claim. What exactly is your claim? Can you
    explain it so us morans can understand it?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Feb '12 01:13
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1msS71xL00

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c012.html

P.S.
    http://www.cs.unc.edu/~plaisted/ce/dating.html
    Your first link starts out by saying EVOLUTIONISTS tell us what the age of the Earth is. That is the first straw man. Evolutionists say NOTHING about how old the Earth is. That is an indication of how tied up by delusion this 'chemist' is by the dreaded idea of evolution. He is so tongue tied about evolution he can't even give the proper science of determining the age of the earth. Another thing he says, about generations, he says lets give 50 years between generations. That is interesting. 2000, 4000 years ago people had kids a lot earlier than that. Even NOW the average generational difference is less than 30. So he preps his math right up front. Why can't you find someone less biased?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Feb '12 04:492 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Your first link starts out by saying EVOLUTIONISTS tell us what the age of the Earth is. That is the first straw man. Evolutionists say NOTHING about how old the Earth is. That is an indication of how tied up by delusion this 'chemist' is by the dreaded idea of evolution. He is so tongue tied about evolution he can't even give the proper science of determin ...[text shortened]... s less than 30. So he preps his math right up front. Why can't you find someone less biased?
    Why don't you do the figures the way you think makes sense and let us
    know what you come up with?

P.S. Start refuting as you said.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Feb '12 06:06
    Maybe I misunderstand your claim. What exactly is your claim? Can you
    explain it so us morans can understand it?
    Which claim? The one where I said that there is no reason to think that we are less accurate just because we are talking thousands of years instead of months?
    My claim is this:
    If I am investigating something that happened thousands of years ago, I am not necessarily more likely to be wrong about my conclusions than if I am investigating something that happened days or weeks ago. My conclusions are dependant on the available data and that data is not necessarily destroyed in proportion to the passage of time. I know you and Kelly believe it is, but you cannot prove it and some trivial examples would disprove such a belief.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '12 09:39
    Thanks for this little tidbit:
    [b]"(ice core dating is not an exact science and never claimed to be)"

That is what sunhouse needs to understand. So coming from someone
    that is not a YEC, perhaps he will believe it. There is no way that they
    can know exactly what happened in the distant past, before we have been
    gathering weather data, to know what all the layers represent.[/b]
    Robbie said something genious. Sometimes he is bright.

I quote: "...do try to learn something, anything would be better than this ill informed and blatantly ignorant projection of ignorance, its not an attempt to condescend to you in any way, but your lack of understanding is really incredulous. To project it on to others, immoral. ..."

Listen at robbie.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Feb '12 13:45
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Robbie said something genious. Sometimes he is bright.

I quote: "...do try to learn something, anything would be better than this ill informed and blatantly ignorant projection of ignorance, its not an attempt to condescend to you in any way, but your lack of understanding is really incredulous. To project it on to others, immoral. ..."

Listen at robbie.
    The Watchtower Society is robbie's source of wisdom and knowledge.
    Enough said. 😏
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Feb '12 13:48
    Which claim? The one where I said that there is no reason to think that we are less accurate just because we are talking thousands of years instead of months?
    My claim is this:
    If I am investigating something that happened thousands of years ago, I am not necessarily more likely to be wrong about my conclusions than if I am investigating something that ...[text shortened]... y believe it is, but you cannot prove it and some trivial examples would disprove such a belief.
    I think your atheism is causing you to become delirious.
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '12 14:53
    The Watchtower Society is robbie's source of wisdom and knowledge.
    Enough said. 😏
    Same goes for you, RJHinds, you and Dasa are also creationists without knowledge about science.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Feb '12 15:342 edits
    Why don't you do the figures the way you think makes sense and let us
    know what you come up with?

P.S. Start refuting as you said.
    For one thing, evolution says nothing about either the beginnings of life or the beginning of the universe, yet that is explicitly what he says in the first minute.

The bit about generations coming at 50 year intervals is clearly a dodge, a guess he knows is BS, just to further his ridiculous argument, so he can come up with a number of generations given in the bible, Job begat, yada, yada, yada.

So, lets say he is going for 6000 years, divide by 100 gives 60, twice that for 50, so 120 generations to make up 6000 years. If he did the numbers the real way, where each gen is more like 20 years, then it ends up being 300 generations, way too many to line up with the biblical myth. My guess is back in those days it was more like 15 years between generations, making it more like 400 generations to go back 6000 years. People died young and therefore had to bear children very young.

I don't need anything more than that to see he is making up BS as he goes along.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree