1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Sep '09 01:49
    What is idolitry? What is the Bible's stand on this?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '09 01:54
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Its bad....or as Bill Clinton would ask, it depends what your definition of sex is. 😛
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Sep '09 02:01
    it is so prevalent, the trinitarians have made Christ, a created being, the object of their worship and devotion. they are worshiping the creation rather than the creator! despite this fact being drawn to their attention on numerous occasions. they are idolaters and reprehensible!
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '09 02:101 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    it is so prevalent, the trinitarians have made Christ, a created being, the object of their worship and devotion. they are worshiping the creation rather than the creator! despite this fact being drawn to their attention on numerous occasions. they are idolaters and reprehensible!
    Indeed!!

Revelation 5:12 "And they all sang with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and glory, and blessing. And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the sea, and all that are in the, heard I saying, "Blessing and honor, and glory, and power, be unto him that sits upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever." And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that lives for ever and ever."

Sickening!! My only question is, who let all these trinitarians into heaven? 😠
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Sep '09 02:154 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    Indeed!!

Revelation 5:12 "And they all sang with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and glory, and blessing. And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the sea, and all that are in the, heard I saying, "Blessing and honor, and glory, and power, be unto him that s ever."

Sickening!! My only question is, who let all these trinitarians into heaven? 😠
    yes interesting indeed that the vision contains the one who is sitting upon the throne, distinct as from the lamb or the Christ, you would think they would all be rolled into one, as for the trinitarians, i see no mention of them either in the book of life, nor in the passage, i wonder why? where is the Holy spirit, perhaps he is on holiday or saw a little mouse under the throne and has chased it away!

ahhh i see the trinitarians now, the four beasts, Jaywalk, Manny, Deaucer and Whodey, how silly of me not to have noticed.
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    07 Sep '09 02:40
    Idolatry is when people watch too much American Idol. Which is any at all, as far as I'm concerned.
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 Sep '09 02:54
    yes interesting indeed that the vision contains the one who is sitting upon the throne, distinct as from the lamb or the Christ, you would think they would all be rolled into one, as for the trinitarians, i see no mention of them either in the book of life, nor in the passage, i wonder why? where is the Holy spirit, perhaps he is on holiday or saw a ...[text shortened]... s now, the four beasts, Jaywalk, Manny, Deaucer and Whodey, how silly of me not to have noticed.
    23And having spent some time there, he left and passed successively through the Galatian region and Phrygia, strengthening all the disciples.

24Now a Jew named Apollos, an Alexandrian by birth, an eloquent man, came to Ephesus; and he was mighty in the Scriptures.

25This man had been instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in spirit, he was speaking and teaching accurately the things concerning Jesus, being acquainted only with the baptism of John;

26and he began to speak out boldly in the synagogue. But when Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they took him aside and explained to him the way of God more accurately.

27And when he wanted to go across to Achaia, the brethren encouraged him and wrote to the disciples to welcome him; and when he had arrived, he greatly helped those who had believed through grace,

28for he powerfully refuted the Jews in public, demonstrating by the Scriptures that Jesus was the Christ.

From Acts 18
    I was thinking about this. Is it possible that truly God fearing men will receive the full truth of God in due time? What if Doctrine is off a bit but God knows our hearts/minds right? God has the power to correct. I guess my question is if we have it off a bit can we still be ok with God or are we total heretics? Apollos feared God.

Manny
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '09 02:56
    [b]yes interesting indeed that the vision contains the one who is sitting upon the throne, distinct as from the lamb or the Christ, you would think they would all be rolled into one,
    We see both the Lamb and he who sits upon the throne worshipped as One. So if the Lamb is the created, how then should he recieve such worship?
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 Sep '09 03:13
    We see both the Lamb and he who sits upon the throne worshipped as One. So if the Lamb is the created, how then should he recieve such worship?
    That's How I see it! The Lamb is diffidently getting praise! I though Jehovah God was a jealous God who does not share glory??

Manny
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Sep '09 08:57
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us...

Even a cursory reading of the Bible reveals who Jesus is. How can you believe that Jesus is not God?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Sep '09 09:07
    hahaha, what utter nonsense, the one who sits upon the throne is God, not the lamb, and the Lamb is not being worshipped as you trinitarians would have us believe, he is being given honour. shall we look at other instances in scripture where created beings are also given glory and honour, shall we? does the scripture say that the lamb is on the throne? NO!, does the scripture say that the lamb is being worshipped, NO! then why are you people trying to construe that it is, let me answer that rhetorical question for you. For you have a preconception and come to the scriptures trying to justify your preconception! Idolatry is what it is termed and idolatry it remains!
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Sep '09 09:09
    Originally posted by josephw
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us...

Even a cursory reading of the Bible reveals who Jesus is. How can you believe that Jesus is not God?
    can God die? does God have a beginning? can anyone see god and yet live? how you can believe that the Christ is God is beyond me!
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Sep '09 09:11
    Originally posted by menace71
    That's How I see it! The Lamb is diffidently getting praise! I though Jehovah God was a jealous God who does not share glory??

Manny
    did not God himself praise Christ? this is my son, the beloved , whom i have approved? nor can you trinitarians construe that this is an act of worship, it is merely as you state showing honour and praise, of which there are many instances in the scriptures where this is done to created entities. Is is an act of Idolatry and creature worship to elevate Christ to the point of worship!
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Sep '09 09:29
    can God die? does God have a beginning? can anyone see god and yet live? how you can believe that the Christ is God is beyond me!
    "can God die?"

Can a man resurrect himself back to life?

"does God have a beginning?"

I don't see the relevance of this question.

"can anyone see god and yet live?"

You don't know the answer to this question?

"how you can believe that the Christ is God is beyond me!"

Beyond you is right.

If scripture teaches that God became a man, and one fails to see it, then that one doesn't know the real Jesus.

Please respond to John 1:1.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Sep '09 09:34
    Originally posted by menace71
    23And having spent some time there, he left and passed successively through the Galatian region and Phrygia, strengthening all the disciples.

24Now a Jew named Apollos, an Alexandrian by birth, an eloquent man, came to Ephesus; and he was mighty in the Scriptures.

25This man had been instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in spirit, he ...[text shortened]... t off a bit can we still be ok with God or are we total heretics? Apollos feared God.

Manny
    its worthy to note that he was a powerful speaker and an eloquent man, well versed in scripture, litreally “powerful . . . in the Scriptures" - interlinear
    (this must have been the Hebrew portion of the bible for the Christian Greek scriptures were not as we know them today however, this did not stop him from receiving readjustment, thus we note his reaction in that he must have humbly accepted the correct rendering from the hands of Priscilla and Aquila, themselves taught by Paul.

This same unpretentious attitude of Apollos is evident also in his willingness to accept a letter of recommendation from the Ephesian brothers to the congregation in Corinth. The account continues: “Further, because he was desiring to go across into Achaia, the brothers wrote the disciples, exhorting them to receive him kindly.” (Acts 18:27; 19:1) Apollos did not demand to be accepted on his own merits but modestly followed the arrangement of the Christian congregation.

what i find really really really interesting , is that when he went to Corinth, this rather telling and interesting even occurred (Acts 19:1-2) . . .In the course of events, while Apollos was in Corinth, Paul went through the inland parts and came down to Ephesus, and found some disciples;  and he said to them: “Did you receive holy spirit when you became believers?” They said to him: “Why, we have never heard whether there is a holy spirit. . .

yes the Idea that the Holy Spirit was some type of personage of the trinity was unknown to them! yet they were disciples! clearly the trinity was unknown to either Paul, Christ and the early christians.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree